WHAT’S SO GREAT ABOUT TEXAS?

Posted on 22nd December 2010 by Administrator in Economy |Politics |Social Issues

, ,

Ever since the Census data came out I’ve been wondering what’s so great about Texas. It gained 4.3 million people in the last decade, by far the biggest increase. It is hot in Texas. It borders the failed state of Mexico. It has Houston. George Bush resides there. It has the Dallas Cowboys. I don’t get it.

I’ve been to Texas a few times. I went to Dallas with Avalon in the early 1990s because I had a conference there. Downtown Dallas makes Wilmington, Delaware seem nice. We went to the only interesting place in all of Dallas – the book depository building. I don’t think  Oswald acted alone after observing the window where he shot.

It seems that downtown Dallas has their own 30 Blocks of Squalor. While I was at my conference, Avalon decided to wander around Dallas on foot and walked into a McDonald’s. It could have been the scene from Animal House while on the roadtrip:

[at the Dexter Lake Club, a Negroes-only bar, with Otis Day and the Knights playing Shama Lama Ding Dong]
Pinto: What are you majoring in?
Brunella: Primitive cultures.

I was back in the early 2000′s when we were trying to figure out where to put our new IKEA store. The demographics showed that north of Dallas in Frisco was college educated and high income. The demographics around Fort Worth showed no teeth, pickups and guns. The housing boom never hit Texas. Therefore, the bust has missed Texas.

So what is Texas’ secret? Maybe this is it:

Texas has low taxes — and no state income taxes — and a much smaller government. Its legislature meets for only 90 days every two years, compared with California’s year-round legislature. Its fiscal condition is sound. Public employee unions are weak or nonexistent. But Texas seems to be delivering superior services. Its teachers are paid less than California’s. But its test scores — and with a demographically similar school population — are higher. California’s once fabled freeways are crumbling and crowded. Texas has built gleaming new highways in metro Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth. In the meantime, Texas’ economy has been booming. Unemployment rates have been below the national average for more than a decade, as companies small and large generate new jobs.

I think the boys from Bowling For Soup have it right.

Come back to Texas
It’s just not the same since you went away
Before you lose your accent
And forget all about the Lonestar State
There’s a seat for you at the rodeo
And I’ve got every slow dance saved
Besides the Mexican food sux north of here anyway

Ohio (Come Back to Texas) – Bowling For Soup

Census shows slowing US growth, brings GOP gains

Published: Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WASHINGTON — Republican-leaning states will gain at least a half dozen House seats thanks to the 2010 census, which found the nation’s population growing more slowly than in past decades but still shifting to the South and West.

The Census Bureau announced Tuesday that the nation’s population on April 1 was 308,745,538, up from 281.4 million a decade ago. The growth rate for the past decade was 9.7 percent, the lowest since the Great Depression. The nation’s population grew by 13.2 percent from 1990 to 2000.

Michigan was the only state to lose population during the past decade. Nevada, with a 35 percent increase, was the fastest-growing state.

The new numbers are a boon for Republicans, with Texas leading the way among GOP-leaning states that will gain House seats, mostly at the Rust Belt’s expense. Following each once-a-decade census, the nation must reapportion the House’s 435 districts to make them roughly equal in population, with each state getting at least one seat.

That triggers an often contentious and partisan process in many states, which will draw new congressional district lines that can help or hurt either party.

In all, the census figures show a shift affecting 18 states taking effect when the 113th Congress takes office in 2013.

Texas will gain four new House seats, and Florida will gain two. Gaining one each are Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, South Carolina, Utah and Washington.

Ohio and New York will lose two House seats each. Losing one House seat are Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

Florida will now have as many U.S. House members as New York: 27. California will still have 53 seats, and Texas will climb to 36.

In 2008, President Barack Obama lost in Texas and most of the other states that are gaining House seats. He carried most of the states that are losing House seats, including Ohio and New York.

Each House district represents an electoral vote in the presidential election process, meaning the political map for the 2012 election will tilt somewhat more Republican.

If Obama were to carry the same states he won in 2008, they would net

him six fewer electoral votes under the new map. Some states Obama won, such as Florida, tilted Republican in last month’s election and the electoral votes they will gain could further help GOP candidates in 2012.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said he did not expect the census results to have a “huge practical impact” on national politics.

For the first time in its history, Democratic-leaning California will not gain a House seat after a census.

Since 1940, 79 House seats have shifted to the South and West, mainly from the Northeast and Midwest, census officials said.

Starting early next year, most state governments will use detailed, computer-generated data on voting patterns to carve neighborhoods in or out of newly drawn House districts, tilting them more to the left or right. Sometimes politicians play it safe, quietly agreeing to protect Republican and Democratic incumbents alike. But sometimes the party in control will gamble and aggressively try to reconfigure the map to dump as many opponents as possible.

Last month’s elections put Republicans in full control of numerous state governments, giving the GOP an overall edge in the redistricting process. State governments’ ability to gerrymander districts is somewhat limited, however, by court rulings that require roughly equal populations, among other things. The 1965 Voting Rights Act protects ethnic minorities in several states that are subject to U.S. Justice Department oversight.

The average population of a new U.S. House district will be 710,767. But each state must have at least one district. So Wyoming, the least populous state with 563,626 residents, will have a representative with considerably fewer constituents. Six other states will have one House member. Each state has two U.S. senators, regardless of population.

The U.S. is still growing quickly relative to other developed nations. The population in France and England each increased roughly 5 percent over the past decade, while in Japan the number is largely unchanged, and Germany’s population is declining. China grew at about 6 percent; Canada’s growth rate is roughly 10 percent.

The South had the fastest growth since 2000, at 14.3 percent, the Census Bureau said. The West was close behind at 13.8 percent. The Northeast had 3.2 percent growth while the Midwest had 3.9 percent.

The declining U.S. growth rate since 2000 is due partly to the economic meltdown in 2008, which brought U.S. births and illegal immigration to a near standstill compared with previous years. The 2010 count represents the number of people — citizens as well as legal and illegal immigrants — who called the U.S. their home on April 1.

States losing political clout may have little recourse to challenge the census numbers. Still, census officials were bracing for the possibility of lawsuits seeking to revise the 2010 findings.

North Carolina just missed picking up the last House seat, falling short by roughly 15,000 people.

The release of state apportionment numbers is the first set of numbers from the 2010 census. Beginning in February, the Census Bureau will release population and race breakdowns down to the neighborhood level for states to redraw congressional boundaries.

Louisiana, Virginia, New Jersey and Mississippi will be among the first states to receive their redistricting data in February.

The 2010 census results also are used to distribute more than $400 billion in annual federal aid and will change each state’s Electoral College votes beginning in the 2012 presidential election.

We dont have a state income tax. Thats true. But everyone, poor to rich, young to old, pays the flat tax of 8 cents of every dollar they spend unless its for things like milk, bread, cheese, meat etc.

I would imagine thats a whopping income for the state on a hourly or daily basis.

22nd December 2010 at 5:04 pm

2. StuckInNJ says:

Yes, Texas gained 4.3 million in the past decade. Doesn’t mean it’s great there ………

………. 4.2 million of that gain are illegal Mexicans.

Case closed.

22nd December 2010 at 5:15 pm

4.2 million of that gain are illegal Mexicans. -=SiNJ=-

And they cant vote but we get four more yet to be corrupted congress critters out of it.

WTF

22nd December 2010 at 5:36 pm

th_102609-cowboys-cheerleaders.jpg

th_102609-cowboys-cheerleaders.jpg

th_DCC_09valleyranch.gif

th_DallasCowboysCheerleadersRehearsal.jpg

Need I say more?

22nd December 2010 at 5:42 pm

5. jmarz says:

llpoh

Now that is what I call “case closed.” Stuck is just jealous that he doesn’t live here.

22nd December 2010 at 5:51 pm

6. mikeinaz says:

Bill, in AZ we have a state income tax & 9.1% total sales tax.

22nd December 2010 at 5:57 pm

7. Axel says:

We live in Vegas but my wife’s company is based in Austin, which is a fun, booming town. Its one of the few companies I know that are growing well in an environment where everyone else is cutting jobs and battening down the hatches.

She travels there often, and sometimes I get to go too (when I don’t have to be stay at home Dad, even though I am a full time doc). I love Texas.

That state could be its own republic, and do very well, if it ever came down to that. Nevada sure as hell couldn’t.

22nd December 2010 at 7:16 pm

8. Welshman says:

California – We pay presently 8.25% sales tax on all products except food. We do not pay sales taxes on most services, but our new governor I’m sure will mention that Jan. 10th when he presents the new budget. We have a 28 billion short fall and Gov. Brown wants to correct the emblances next year so he does not have to deal with it for three years after that. It is going to be real pain for most, especially for state employees. Brown is a liberal, but at 72 y.o. he has nothing to prove, and he has a very cheap jesuit streak when it comes to money. Brown was one of the best mayors Oakland every had, and to be Mayor of Oakland, you have to REALLY like politics, as that place is a real shit hole. I didn’t vote for the man, but I do like the way he is talking, and the state criminal establishment is nervous.

Middle class in California pay very little state taxes, but upper income taxpayers pay huge taxes as the state cuts out most Federal deductions. Upper income people with lots of federal deductions pay almost as high state taxes as federal.

California property taxes are capped, so the pain is tolerable. Many years ago California had a 90 day session of the legislature, but they convinced the public the state was too complex and needed to be full time in session. That is when the lobbyist came in for the kill, and now the senators and assembly persons are bought and paid for.

In Northern California we want nothing of Southern California, but they want something we have, and it is called water. I would not be surprised if the state is split one of these years, as there is not enough water in the world to satisfy the Los Angeles Metropolitan Water District. That district is the scumbag of the world. Their new ploy is wanting the north to suck our world class underground aquifers dry and send the south more surface water.

I will take Northern California over Texas, but I like Texans. When I was born there were 8 million souls in California, there are now 37 million, but N. California is not overrun yet. Beautiful place to live.

22nd December 2010 at 7:16 pm

22nd December 2010 at 7:23 pm

I have some relatives in AZ that are moving back to Texas..not because of state tax though.

22nd December 2010 at 7:24 pm

Which goddamn faggot gave the cheerleaders a thumbs down? That is downright un-American. -llpoh

I bet it was some aspirant.

22nd December 2010 at 7:30 pm

12. MuckAbout says:

I was almost a Texan. Mom and Dad lived in Wichita Falls, TX. My grandaddy happen to own the hospital in Independence, KA., so when it was time, we went to grandy’s house and I was delivered by my grandfather.

Went back to Texas after a week.

I’ve often wondered what it would feel like being BORN in Texas. I’ve never been back to Kansas but been through Texas many times N/S and E/W.Going E/W thru the panhandle is an early visit to hell and damn, it takes two days to cross the state from Port Orange to El Paso. But all in all, ‘taint a bad place to live.

My folks retired to Corpus Christi and spent many years picnicking on the on the sands of Padre Island (walking between the tar balls of course and with a small can of mineral spirits in the dune buggy in case of a hit!)..

If I wasn’t already in FL (that has 18% more people now than in 2000 – puke!) I’d be in Texas too – probably the hill country around Fredericksburg. They got more room than we do, so the increase in population there doesn’t show as badly as it does here.

Texans catch a lot of crap – but at least their articles of confederation into the USA allows them to opt out as a republic any time they get fed up enough. Might just do it to and then the influx of new residents would really pop!

22nd December 2010 at 8:00 pm

13. MuckAbout says:

Sorry Smokey! I meant “Might just do it too”

22nd December 2010 at 8:01 pm

14. Smokey says:

Muck—Since I lived in Corpus Christi years ago and have sunned on South Padre Island, I will let your egregious grammatical fuck-up slide this time. Don’t let it happen again.

22nd December 2010 at 8:10 pm

15. Punk in Drublic says:

“but at least their articles of confederation into the USA allows them to opt out as a republic any time they get fed up enough.”

Seriously!? That’s fucking Awesome. Do Other States have similar clauses? Googling now… Am I going to catch hell for not knowing shit about history? Probably will. Oh well.

Still googling.

22nd December 2010 at 8:16 pm

Texas girl:

Z

Arizona girl:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk6P79DQz7xZaNBCv5239XwKVw75AW9d0d-GSVJtxyPgMMObaOVA

Phillie girl:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlF9fHIYki4fK1oJLnRDzIQp6WySHvgXvlR5naaUnf8I1muddIVFzLDIYd

22nd December 2010 at 8:31 pm

17. Smokey says:

Tell you what, I slept with some hot babes while I lived in Texas. Caucasians and Hispanics. (Not at the same time). Well, once almost at the same time, but the Caucasian got cold feet so it remained me and the senorita.

22nd December 2010 at 8:32 pm

llpoh

I gave you 50 thumbs down for that Arizona girl shit. Unlike RE’s computer skills, only 1 worked. I sent Admin an email recommending your banishment from the site for the Philly girl shit. He’s taking it under serious consideration.

22nd December 2010 at 10:15 pm

SSS- I googled “best looking girls in AZ and Phillie” and that is what came up. Google don’t lie. Texas girls are hot and, well, AZ girls are the opposite of hot. Too bad for you.

22nd December 2010 at 10:34 pm

Okay who is the sock-puppeteer?

SSS, Smokey or Stuck…their styles and rants are intersecting. Even weirder they praise each others styles and mentor another.

Right.

22nd December 2010 at 10:41 pm

Enjoy talking to yourself sockpuppets.

IOH

22nd December 2010 at 10:44 pm

KB – I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You are prodding three of the five biggests bears around. Hope you can bob and weave.

22nd December 2010 at 10:56 pm

23. Punk in Drublic says:

SSS, Smokey and StuckNinja all the same person…..?

You are even higher than I am.

SmokeyStuckSockpuppet?

22nd December 2010 at 10:59 pm

24. Smokey says:

KB—–I mentor Stuck and SSS. They handle my light work.

22nd December 2010 at 11:03 pm

25. Punk in Drublic says:

LLPOH, I CAN’T resist….

yogi_bear.gif

Park Ranger Punk says play nice to the three biggest bears around here.

22nd December 2010 at 11:11 pm

Punk – very funny. Pretty risky but funny nonetheless.

Been waiting for someone to ask who are the other two. Now I am in a snit and aint gonna tell ya’s.

Just remember when you wander into me and the admin’s dens you had a chance to figure out who we were before time.

Damn. I think I spoiled the secret.

22nd December 2010 at 11:21 pm

27. Quinn Family Doormat says:

It’s not you or the Admin I am worried about….

22nd December 2010 at 11:44 pm

28. Reverse Engineer says:

Alaska gained 80,000 people in the last year, and none of them pay any State Taxes at all:-) In fact, Alaska PAYS them to live here, to the tune of around $1300 for every person in your family.

The Eskimo Girls are cute too!

01_04_02.jpg

RE

23rd December 2010 at 2:17 am

29. Opinionated Bloviator says:

Yum, if they all look like that I will dust off my passport and emigrate to Alaska.

23rd December 2010 at 6:41 am

30. Cynical30 says:

Hey, my good buddy & occasional poster on 30 Blocks of Squalor entries Ben H just moved from Philly to Dallas about 2 months ago & he compares it to moving from Baghdad to Nirvana. Shit, I’ll let him tell it 1st hand. Shooting him a link to this one.

23rd December 2010 at 8:24 am

LLPOH

The thumbs down was from DP. You know why.

23rd December 2010 at 9:15 am

32. Ben H. says:

Just moved from Philly to Dallas a few months ago and couldn’t be happier. Why? Better quality of life. It’s like night and fucking day. Better cost of living, better weather, better job market, better mannered people, the list goes on and on. But do you know what’s best of all coming from that ignorant coon infested shit hole, Philadelphia? You don’t have to live all the way out in East Bumfuck to be in a nice area that is NOT overrun with God damn, motherfucking, stereotype conforming GROIDS.

23rd December 2010 at 11:22 am

Ben

Thanks for ruining my day.

23rd December 2010 at 11:30 am

34. Smokey says:

Ben H——That’s why I love Vegas so much. I like to go out there for the world class accommodations, fabulous entertainment, gourmet cuisine, great weather, but most of all—-very, very few colored people.

23rd December 2010 at 11:47 am

35. Ben H. says:

Admin – Sorry about that, but my advice to you would be to relocate! I’m sure there’s a reason that you endure such a hellacious commute everyday, and it’s not because you enjoy the scenic drive through the “30 Blocks”.

Smokey – Vegas, another great place. I love it there too and for the same reasons. It’s a shame that you can simply look at the demographics of any given area and know without even visiting that if the black population is above just a few percent, you’re better off not going. I’m pretty sure the tipping point is around 5%.

23rd December 2010 at 12:23 pm

36. Smokey says:

Ben H—–We generally agree, except on one minor point. I believe the tipping point is closer to .0000000009 .

23rd December 2010 at 12:30 pm

37. StuckInNJ says:

Smokey — I believe you anger / frustration is misplaced.

Let me ask you …

1. — How many blacks are there currently in Congress? How many over the past 50 years?
    2. — How many blacks are there currently in the Senate? How many over the past 50 years?
    3 — How many blacks are CEO banksters?
    4 — How many blacks are CEOs of bloodsucking Fortune 1000 companies?
    5 — How many blacks are lawyers and prosecutors and judges?

You get the idea.

Trust me on this; blacks are not the reason America is a mess.

23rd December 2010 at 1:31 pm

38. Goldie says:

“blacks are not the reason America is a mess”

of course they are not.
    but it’s a fact that when it comes to have a standard way of living, a long term vision of life, good manners, good citizenship, an intelligent way to manage wealth and being concerned with showing example to society, there is a kind of failure (regarding a majority, but not the whole people).
    as in Africa, they blame on Caucasian for their failures, wich is much more easy than trying to figure out why they screw up so much. Arabs from North africa are the same, in worst.

this is why for a majority of Caucasian in the entire world, living in a mixed society is like carrying a backpack with 20 pounds of rocks in it (like in the military..blink)

23rd December 2010 at 1:55 pm

39. Goldie says:

Smokey, you can stay below the tipping point you defined in Russia.

in a big city like Moscow (13 millions of inhabitants with the suburbs), you usually see ONE black a day, or even no one. being black in Russia is like being an American tourist in Afghanistan.
    beside this, russian girls are cute.

23rd December 2010 at 2:03 pm

40. Smokey says:

Stuck——Blacks in America are THE REASON fifty trillion dollars in entitlements (taxpayer money) have been pissed away since the fifties. As a race in America, they overwhelmingly have a victim mentality. There is NEVER any gratitude from them for the handouts they receive. They are routinely promoted over whites in the workplace and routinely given academic scholarships, (at the expense of whites) that they haven’t earned. Their offspring are born 80% out of wedlock and 50% don’t graduate high school. The vast majority of black newborns are supported by the government. Parental responsibility is a concept so far beyond the comprehension of the typical adult black male, that they can as easily relate to quantum physics. I read on another blog that if there were a birth rate filter restricting newborns to IQ 100 or above, the demographics would skew so rapidly it would look like racial genocide. That statement is absolutely true. The reason for the victim mentality and reliance on government is that the Congress you refer to, primarily liberals, have used victim mentality and taxpayer handouts to buy votes and get/stay elected. Look at the crime statistics in this country, black versus white, especially capital crime, and then tell me blacks aren’t the problem. The black race defines itself by the color of its skin. Look up the names of black public organizations and see what you come up with. Black Entertainment Television, Congressional Black Caucus, NAACP, Black History Month, Black Miss America, Black Writer’s Association, Black Airline Pilots, Black Coaches Association, and hundreds or thousands more. Now count on one hand the number of white organizations. Society not only allows this shit, it encourages it. Look at ANY other minority in this country and you will find nowhere near the crime or other statistics I have cited for blacks. Asians, especially, add enormously to this country in many ways. I have several black people who are friends of mine, and your stepdaughter is probably a nice person. But I stand behind anything I’ve said on the matter, unless it was obviously joking ( like .00000000009).

23rd December 2010 at 2:40 pm

Xenophobia is a mental disorder Smokey.

23rd December 2010 at 3:15 pm

42. Smokey says:

KB—–Read that shit again and COMPREHEND it. Name one fucking line in the above comment that isn’t true. Sometimes stuff is true no matter how hard you wish otherwise. My family and I have probably done more for blacks than anyone who posts on this forum. The difference between me and so many others is I say what the fuck I think. I don’t try to turn black into white or night into day. I reiterate, I have many black friends. I also have a keen understanding of racial politics in this country.

23rd December 2010 at 3:24 pm

Why dont you compile your mental illness into something a bit shorter smokey like: “I hate humans that dont look and act like me” so people dont fall asleep reading the ten millionth iteration you have made on the same xenophobic subject?

23rd December 2010 at 3:34 pm

44. StuckInNJ says:

I agree with 90% or more of what you wrote Smokey. I lived in Newark at the height of the racial riots in the late 60′s. I know from what you speak.

Certain black people (maybe even a majority today) sowed the seeds of their own destruction once they started to accept free shit. Because once you go down that Easy Avenue, it is extremely difficult to travel the harder path of Hard Work Road. Getting free shit you did not earn is both demoralizing and ultimately debiltating. At least in the beginning. But humans get accustomed to anything, and then it soon becomes a Way of Life. We are seeing that everywhere, especially in the cities and ghettos. So, yes, they bear a good deal of responsibility.

But it was the White Man who created the mess. First, we treated them like cattle and made them property. Then we set the slaves free — but “free” to do what, exactly? That didn’t work out so well, so then we, White People, started to give them free shit — perhaps to ease our guilt, perhaps because of politcal protests — but it all resulted in little difference than slavery. Meaning, we (White People) once again said, “We will take care of you”. One error that kept compounding over and over again thay may be the seed of destruction for both races.

So, here we are as you said — we have created a race of entitlement minded people. Black this, black that, ad infinitum. This is all quite nauseating.

If I had the power — but I don’t — I would do everything in my power to undo ALL of it. From their exclusivity such as NAACP organizations, to rewarding unwed mothers with more money … ALL of it!! They want to be free?? Well, dammit, let’s set them free!! Honestly, we never did that — at least not very well.

Lastly, let me assure you, The Powers That Be, those that rule over you and me — don’t really give a shit about them or us! This kind if devisiveness — yes, even a race war — only serves THEIR purposes all the better. The little people, black and white, .. that’s all we are to them .. and to pit us against each other is in their best interest. It would be far better if we ALL realized the ass-fucking we are receiving from the elite.

23rd December 2010 at 3:36 pm

45. Smokey says:

KB—-Most people are not too goddamn stupid to comprehend it the first time. Sorry you have a problem with it. Tough shit.

23rd December 2010 at 3:41 pm

Thing is, tunicate, I got it the first time you are the one that asked me to re-read it sparky.

23rd December 2010 at 3:42 pm

47. Smokey says:

Nice post Stuck. Slavery was an abomination. It is important to keep in mind that on the eve of the Civil War, 99% of the blacks living in this country were born in this country. I believe that as bad as it was, for something that occurred that long ago it is still relied on too much as a crutch or excuse to not move forward.

23rd December 2010 at 3:46 pm

48. Smokey says:

Yeah, and that’s why you said it was the ten millionth iteration. Only a fucking dumbass would reread something ten million times.

23rd December 2010 at 3:49 pm

Smokey reminds me of the guys that wail about not being hired by hooters because they cant fit into the skimpy outfits and then when courts intervene, because they sued, and make them hire him decides that dont want to work there after all

23rd December 2010 at 4:01 pm

50. StuckInNJ says:

For sure, too many use it as a crutch or excuse. Especially so-called black “leaders” like Jackson, Wrangle, Sharpton, — who wage endless Crusades for more and more entitlements and special privileges. The black masses believe their leaders are doing them favors. While all they are doing is keeping them ever more impoverished.
    What chance does a 10 year old black child in the ghetto have to escape the endless cycle of handouts, despair, and poverty? Virtually zero. Shall we blame the child? Of course not. But we will blame him for being a lazy good for nothing when he becomes an adult.

But the child never knew his daddy — no less a dad who taught him the ethics of hard work. The child watches his momma collect the welfare check. She never works and fucks every black dick in the neighborhood. Then she takes him to the store and she buys him soda and potato chips and other crap food with her food stamps. Maybe he even accompanies her to a protest in downtown Newark demanding more free housing allowances. Then he listens to her praise Obama because she won’t have to worry about rent or her car payments.

What has he learned? What will become of him? Well, he’s gonna knock up some skank ho’ and never see his kid. And that kid will start the cycle all over again. And everyone will sing praises to Sharpton and Jackson around their Kwanzaa tree. And I wonder, who will set that boy free? And, when?

23rd December 2010 at 4:06 pm

51. StuckInNJ says:

By the way, I just Luv the way these threads morph.

Meanwhile, I’m back to my nachos watching Smokey and KB duke it out.

This is better than reality TV!!

23rd December 2010 at 4:13 pm

Generalizing isnt going to help the situation.

23rd December 2010 at 4:14 pm

Smokey and KB duke it out. -=KB=-

That mendastic insidious narrow minded simians command of the english language isnt enough to kick his own arse.

23rd December 2010 at 4:18 pm

54. Smokey says:

KB——Next time, save us both some time and concede defeat at the outset. If this was a football game, the refs would have called it at the coin toss.

23rd December 2010 at 4:45 pm

55. Reverse Engineer says:

“By the way, I just Luv the way these threads morph.

A couple days ago, SSS talked about a dufus college course that morphed into a raging marijuana debate. Here a Texas thread turns into a black vs white thread. ” Stuck

The reason for this is about everyone who posts a response to an article has his or her own Agenda, and those agendas revolve around core assumptions those posters make about who or what is to blame for the spin down we are immersed in and what sociological effects most particularly bother them.

It often breaks down into a virtual race war because running series articles like the 30 Blocks of Squalor and the People of Walmart paint the picture of the dependent class in the most negative ways possible, and of course this demographic is mainly black people for all the historical reasons you identified. As a result, the posting demographic on TBP is skewed dramatically toward people who are at least closet racists, with a few who are flaming racists. Along with being flaming homophobes, flaming neo-cons and flaming idiots. LOL.

What mainly bugs me is that we have what, maybe a dozen or so people who post regularly, and for almost all of them I can tell you before they write exactly what their next response will be in any given thread. You are one of the few posters here who I am not always able to predict how you will respond, which makes your posting interesting to read over the long term.

The things I get most tired of are the incessant Circle Jerks of posters who agree with each other patting each other on the back without themselves contributing anything substantive to the debate, and of course the endless napalm contests almost every thread devolves into. I mean really, the same insults get recycled over and over again, generally revolving around oral or anal penetration by other members of the board or some animal or cylindrical object of huge proportions. I mean really, the board is a virtual thesaurus of reative synonyms for sodomy at this point. LOL.

Its not likely to ever change of course, the key is to try and filter out the nonsense and look for the occassional gems that are embedded in a vast pile of stinking shit, in large part contributed by the Gourmet of Shit Eating, Smokey.

Predicition: Smokey will now come back with another recycled insult from his vast Cookbook of Shit Recipes, and his fellow Shit Eaters in the Circle Jerk will pat him on the back and swallow his Throat Yogurt by the gallon. Another day, another Napalm Contest on TPB.

RE

23rd December 2010 at 5:24 pm

56. StuckInNJ says:

Well said. The flaming — when it becomes so very predictable — does become old after a while.

For example, I consider SSS a good internet friend with whom I more often agree than disagree. He is the person who brought me into the fold!! I think that’s why when I laid waste to him (to which he disagrees) it was enjoyable for some … since I don’t do that every single motherfuckin time! Like comedy — a good flame is all about timing.

That being said …

… and in the spirit of Christmas

… in the name of peace and understanding

…. even if only for a day or two

… I shall be logging off for a few days

… and I do bid ALL of you, friend and foe alike

… all the joy and happiness you can possibly handle.

23rd December 2010 at 6:19 pm

Next time, save us both some time and concede defeat at the outset. If this was a football game, the refs would have called it at the coin toss. -Schmuckey-

You have the mindset of a juvenile all your ‘great’ verbiage amounts to is calling others gay, your and how you want then to suck your cock.

You defeat yourself with your limited knowledge of most all things. One need only read your repetitive repertoire

23rd December 2010 at 6:23 pm

when it becomes so very predictable — does become old after a while. -=Stuck=-

I posted on this the other day. I have done all the headbanging before, years ago, so I concur
    its stale. Yet some foolish prepubescent gibbering gibbons think this proves their intellectual prowess when what they post is shows a demonstrable lack of knowledge.

23rd December 2010 at 6:28 pm

59. Smokey says:

KB—–MY limited knowledge. LOL. I have forgotten more shit than you’ll ever know. I put myself through grad school and then worked sixty hours a week for twenty years to get where I am. Let me tell you something, captain, and I speak from the heart. You throw up on this blog every day with the most useless, goddamn boring ass shit of any regular here. I seldom read your posts, because none of them say a fucking thing, unless you happen to be responding to a worthwhile post such as one I put up. I’ve read a grand total of ONE of your posts, out of hundreds, that was worth a shit, and I complimented you on it. ONE. You take longer to say nothing than my youngest brother does, and that is is no fucking small feat. And to top it off, your idiotic posts hit this board three or four at the time, which other people besides me fucking marveled at the idiocy of. You bitch, whine, complain, and piss and moan about what I post but I will fucking GUARANTEE you that people enjoy my posts VASTLY more than any of the say-nothing drivel that you shit on this board with everyday. Go fuck yourself.

23rd December 2010 at 6:58 pm

60. Smokey says:

Stuck—If I don’t talk with you until after Christmas, Merry Christmas. And if I talk with you before then, Merry Christmas also.

23rd December 2010 at 7:02 pm

61. Goldie says:

RE: “generally revolving around oral or anal penetration by other members of the board or some animal or cylindrical object of huge proportions”

yes, it’s a fact. but why ONLY cylindrical?

23rd December 2010 at 7:10 pm

62. Smokey says:

23rd December 2010 at 7:24 pm

63. Reverse Engineer says:

“yes, it’s a fact. but why ONLY cylindrical?”

I suspect because its necessary for phallic imagery. You just don’t get quite the same visual impact from using say a Baseball in place of a Baseball Bat, or a Watermellon in place of a Salami.

The key in generating up all these insults is to create an image inthe reader’s mind that can be associated with a real life Sexual or Toilet action on a metaphorical level. Thus, I used “Diarreah Sauce” on Smokey’s metaphorical Shit Burritos. This is all formula stuff, as long as you have a decent vocabulary and a decent imagination the combinations are virtually endless, as Smokey regularly demonstrates. Its actually so programmatical I wouldn’t be surprised if “Smokey” wasn’t actually a Neo-Con Web Bot. He doesn’t seem to demonstrate any Human qualities after all. LOL.

RE

RE

23rd December 2010 at 7:32 pm

64. Reverse Engineer says:

“RE—-You have brass balls. Trying to steal, IN BROAD DAYLIGHT, my throat yogurt phrase. Now, since you KNOW you are going to get your ass torched, you try to preempt the beating by predicting to everyone that a slapdown from me is on the way. The problem you acknowledge having is what you call the circle jerks—your term for the inevitable barrage of criticism you earn with every post, from readers of your posts. Have you ever asked yourself why you have been tossed off so many blogs? Have you ever wondered why so many here skewer you every time you comment? Could it have anything to do with WHAT you say when you comment? It might serve you to ponder that carefully.” Smokester

Case Closed.

RE

23rd December 2010 at 7:34 pm

65. Goldie says:

RE: “I suspect because its necessary for phallic imagery. You just don’t get quite the same visual impact from using say a Baseball in place of a Baseball Bat, or a Watermellon in place of a Salami”

It is Christmas.
    some Christmas trees need a Santa at the top…

in the south, they use a lot of artificial ones. it can be washed after use. I bet some have develloped an addiction to it.

23rd December 2010 at 7:45 pm

66. Reverse Engineer says:

““RE—-You have brass balls”- Smokester

Almost but not quite right there Smokester. My Balls are Diamonds with a Full Metal Jacket of Tungsten Carbide encased in a Kevlar Scrotum. Your Balls are Soap Bubbles encased in a Wet Paper Bag, and the lack of substance there is exceeded only by the Vacuum between your Ears which doesn’t implode only because its encased in Skull with the density of a Neutron Star.

RE

23rd December 2010 at 7:49 pm

RE said: “It often breaks down into a virtual race war because running series articles like the 30 Blocks of Squalor and the People of Walmart paint the picture of the dependent class in the most negative ways possible, and of course this demographic is mainly black people for all the historical reasons you identified. As a result, the posting demographic on TBP is skewed dramatically toward people who are at least closet racists, with a few who are flaming racists. Along with being flaming homophobes, flaming neo-cons and flaming idiots.”

I disagree. There is a severe economic crisis facing the country. This is bringing out some rather inflammatory statements which RE guages as racism, homophobia, anti-neocon diatribes, and idiocy. People are frustrated at the governments which rule their lives and are striking back at both the polls and with their vents. A correction has been made in November to halt the impending train wreck. Let’s hope it works.

TBP is a vent for that frustration and a window to the truth. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I wish everyone on this site a very Merry Christmas. Everyone.

23rd December 2010 at 8:00 pm

68. Reverse Engineer says:

“A correction has been made in November to halt the impending train wreck. Let’s hope it works.”-SSS

There was a “correction”? I must have missed it. All we had in November was a replacement of some Demopublicans by some Republicrats.

Even on the far-fetched assumption that Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich could mount a successful “bi-partisan” effort to end Da Fed, subsitution of CONgress for printing money instead of Da Fed doing it wouldn’t make that much difference, although for a while at least J6P might see some of the Bailout Money instead of the Banksters. Either way though, neither means will set up a working monetary system when they ALL predicate their ssumptions on GROWTH.

The Train Wreck is already a forgone conclusion, because we are at least 30 years too far down the track on the way to Peak Oil. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that any politician can do here will prevent the industrial society from going the way of the Dinosaur. All the rest of this, the taxation, the money printing, its all just Window Dressing.

For any REAL change, the current systems are going to have to go into full collapse mode, and they will. The only question is precisely how long it will take, and how long TPTB can successfully Extend and Pretend. There is NO HOPE for a Better Tomorrow, not for a long, LONG time to come here. In the words of Jim Kunstler, we are in the beginning of the Long Emergency. One after another the Conduits which hold our society together will fail, and one after another our social systems will fail with them. It is inevitable now, there is NO stopping it. Live with it.

RE

23rd December 2010 at 8:29 pm

Merry Christmas, RE.

23rd December 2010 at 9:18 pm

MY limited knowledge. LOL. I have forgotten more shit than you’ll ever know -=smokey=-

I havent seen this in your interminable referencing your brainless cock.

23rd December 2010 at 9:29 pm

You have nothing new schmukey. You have yet to provide ANY solution to any problem

23rd December 2010 at 9:32 pm

72. Reverse Engineer says:

Merry Christmas to you also SSS :-)

RE

23rd December 2010 at 9:33 pm

I put myself through grad school and then worked sixty hours a week for twenty years to get where I am -Dopey{Aka smokey]

and you are proud of that Rovel timetable?

Bwah

23rd December 2010 at 9:37 pm

Goldie SSS would have anal sex with a concrete block

23rd December 2010 at 9:41 pm

22nd December 2010 at 6:58 pm

Smokey admits he is a brainless stool

23rd December 2010 at 9:44 pm

76. Smokey says:

I’ve beat your ass like a red-headed stepchild, and still you come back for more. I’m surprised you took RE’s cock out of your mouth long enough to post. You want solutions, dumbass? Read some of your lover RE’s posts on this blog. He offers ingenious solutions everyday for gullible dupes like you to swallow whole.

23rd December 2010 at 10:02 pm

77. Reverse Engineer says:

“I’ve beat your ass like a red-headed stepchild, and still you come back for more. I’m surprised you took RE’s cock out of your mouth long enough to post. ”

Case Reopenned for additionally testimony from Smokey prior to sentencing, and Closed Again.

RE

23rd December 2010 at 10:06 pm

Kill Bill

Merry Christmas. RE picked up on my sincerity with that wish. Hope you do, too.

23rd December 2010 at 10:15 pm

79. Ben H. says:

“As a result, the posting demographic on TBP is skewed dramatically toward people who are at least closet racists, with a few who are flaming racists. Along with being flaming homophobes, flaming neo-cons and flaming idiots. LOL.” – Reverse Engineer

Well I’m hesitant to use the term “flaming” b/c I’m such a homophobe but I guess you might as well call me a flaming realist, not a racist. You’re either a realist or an idealist and you either call it how it actually is or how it isn’t. I know plenty of educated, successful, and hard-working blacks that are, like Smokey and the rest of us “flamers”, equally disgusted by the laziness, false sense of entitlement and lack of any credible value system in the black community as a whole. I’ve even heard terms like coon and groid used by these educated blacks to describe the ignorant majority. By your standards, RE, does this acknowledgement of reality make them racists as well? Or is it only when we say it? Cause if that was the case it would be like the truth is the new N word. You can’t say it unless you’re black. Shhhh!

24th December 2010 at 2:21 am

80. Reverse Engineer says:

Can I cop to being an Idealistic Realist? LOL.

Its one thing to voice your disgust at the sad state of the people in the 30 Blocks of Squalor; its quite another to place the blame on them for it, either because you think they have a lower median IQ score or because you think as a race they are congenitally lazy. You hear both of these arguments voiced here. Its one thing to be appalled at the amount of money it takes to support a social welfare system;its yet another to believe that this is the reason that our financial system is in such a sad state of dissarray. Again, the argument is often made here that if we just eviscerated entitlements that we would have a robust economy and a well functioning social state. That isn’t true either, it just leads to a Dickensian world of beggars on the street, prisons, workhouses and inevitably slavery as well. otto von Bismark came up with the concept of the State as caretaker of the poor precisely as a remediation for the vast problems the society had as the transition to industrialization was made, leaving many out in the cold and destitute. Get rid of the social welfare state, you go right back to the same problems, so its not a solution at all.

Here in Amerika, the most visible of the aggregate poor that industrialization and post industrialization left in its wake are the teeming ghettos of mostly blacks in the Northern and Eastern states, and mostly Hispanics in the South Central and Western states. That in both cases these folks were mostly Ag workers prior to 1850 should be noted here. So the effect is to cause people to associate their poverty with their racial and ethnic characteristics. However, if you go over to India, in their Caste society they also have classes of the perpetually poor, although they all ethnically have pretty much the same characteristics. These groups evolve as a result of economic disparities which solidify over time, becoming a trap which is very hard to work your way out of. A poor black child growing up in an inner city school learns practically nothing, his role models are the successful Pimps and Pushers in the neighborhood, and if he can avoid getting hit by any bullets in a drive-by and actually grow up, he sure can’t put on a suit and tie and walk into a Wall Street job. His opportunities are only what he knows and has learned, which is how to avoid “the Man”, how to Scam, and how to Organize into Gangs for self protection.

Have some blacks and hispanics worked their way out of this trap over time? Certainly, particularly in the years through the 60s and 70s when social programs like Affirmative Action went ahead and dropped the smartest black kids into Ivy League schools, often ahead of white kids who had better grades and SAT scores. Was this equitable for those White kids? Hardly, but it effectively did end up putting quite a few more black kids into the higher income earning strata of society and out of the social welfare trap. Its these black kids who grew up and pride themselves on lifting themselves up by their bootstraps and are often even more appalled by poor blacks still trapped in the poverty cycle.

For myself as an Idealistic Realist, rather than focusing on their Race, I feel it is more accurate to focus on the economic conditions which produce places like the 30 Blocks of Squalor, whether they are in Philadelphia or in Calcutta. This isn’t about Race, its about inequties that develop over time as a result of econmic control of a society by a given group of people, be they White folks here or Brahmins over in India. Rather than placing the blame on the poor folks themselves (which is pretty close to blaming Slaves for being enslaved), I place the blame on the folks who run the system and who derive most of the benefits from it. Thus when I post up, I don’t write reams of prose condemning the Black folks who live in the 30 Blocks of Squalor; rather I write reams of prose condemning the White folks who walk the 30 Blocks of Wall Street. These are the REAL Leechfucks of our society, these are the folks who are stealing the Wealth of the hard working Amerikan J6P. The poor Black folks are not in CONTROL, they never have been. The paltry amount that has been sprinkled out here to keep them from Rioting since the 60s is NOTHING compared to the Wealth that has been leeched out of our society by the top 2% of the population. Good Grief, just follow the MONEY! Who has it? Its not those poor black folks, that is for sure. Most of the Wealth of the World is held by a very few people at the top of a vast Ponzi scheme that has been in operation at LEAST since the time of the Medici.

It is my self-appointed JOB here on TBP to provide some balance to the posting focusing on the pitiful state of the population of the 30 Blocks of Squalor by hammering down on the TRUE LEECHFUCKS of our society. The Wealthy.

RE