MOVE IN DAY

Posted on 31st August 2011 by Administrator in Economy |Politics |Social Issues

Today is move in day on campus. The freshman have arrived and upper classmen arrive tomorrow. The campus will come alive now. There will be 25,000 students roaming the campus. Thousands of Millenials are about to start the adult portion of their lives. I hope they are ready for the immense challenges that await, left for them by the Boomers.

A stroll along Locust Walk will make even the most horrific commute bearable. It feels like college as you walk under the trees, surrounded by 200 year old buldings. Ben Franklin founded this school.

Of course, Ben would be shocked if he walked along Locust Walk today. Back in his day white men ran the show. They’ve pretty much run the show for two centuries. As you observe the students on Locust Walk today, you realize that white men will not be running the show for much longer. First, women make up almost 60% of students in college. Secondly, international students make up 40% of our graduate class. Locust Walk resembles downtown Beijing.

Based on how bad white males have screwed up the world, it may not be a bad thing. One thing is for sure, this isn’t Ben Franklin’s Penn anymore. I think our kids should learn Chinese before its too late.

” … white men will not be running the show for much longer.”

THAT process is well under way.

Will your son be taking any Sign Language courses?

obama_gang_signs2.jpg

31st August 2011 at 1:22 pm

I heard that Denzel’s speech was really inspiring.

Vikrim Pandit’s (CEO of Citicorp) Wharton speech was self serving and shallow. Shocking!!!!

31st August 2011 at 2:22 pm

3. Muck About says:

You know, with 60% of the enrollment being female, it must be a whole lot more fun to go to college then when I did it.. Makes me want to be a student again…

MA

31st August 2011 at 2:36 pm

Why, Muck? Just more opportunity to Strike Out.

31st August 2011 at 5:30 pm

5. Smokey says:

Administrator—which is it?

Hedging your bet or seeing the light?

Damn right the kids would be better learning Chinese.

All the smart Asians use our institutions of higher learning, then return to Asia and use their knowledge to fuck us up the ass.

Note to Robmu—-

Just because JQ has mistakenly reversed his position on China does not vindicate your erroneous beliefs.

You were mistaken before he switched, and you are mistaken now.

This century belongs to China. So sorry.

31st August 2011 at 7:04 pm

Smokey

It’s both. China will experience an epic collapse in the next two years. But so will the US.

China will come out the other side in better shape than the US.

Peak Oil could end up screwing China and the rest of the world.

31st August 2011 at 7:45 pm

7. Colma Rising says:

If I had learned the supposed “language of business” to communicate with the supposedly up and coming “nation of the future” in high school, I would have wasted more time than my foolish ass did in the first place.

The only Japanese I need to know is “Sake” and “tempura”.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the only Chinese I’ll need in the future is “tsing-tao” and “Chow-mein”.

Maybe “kung-fu” or “lo-fan”, the latter so I know when the sneaky little fellas are calling me a barbarian whilst smiling and bowing. I love it when they do that.

31st August 2011 at 7:53 pm

8. Smokey says:

Administrator,

I will state three things I KNOW beyond all doubt.

(1) China WILL be the catalyst for the downfall of the USA.

Our downfall is inevitable anyway, but China will precipitate it.

(2) The USA WILL implement exchange controls within the next six years.

(3) China will become the unquestioned sole global economic superpower within, at minimum, the next ten years.

Maybe China stumbles in the meantime, but it will not remotely resemble a fatal downfall or an economic catastrophe.

31st August 2011 at 8:20 pm

9. Smokey says:

(3) clarification——–no later than the next ten years

31st August 2011 at 8:23 pm

Smokey

I’d have to agree with you. I think your timeline on US collapse is optimistic. I think it could happen sooner than anyone thinks. Our system is broken beyond repair.

31st August 2011 at 8:23 pm

Colma

You have dared to throw the gauntlet down in front of Smokey.

31st August 2011 at 8:25 pm

Admin: submitted a post, have a look.

31st August 2011 at 8:28 pm

13. Colma Rising says:

Admin: Just calling it from the layman’s view.

Smokey:

Everybody’s been creaming themselves at the prospect that you mop me up. They dislike the fact that I piss them off endlessly… and my happy-go-lucky nature. They despise loyalty, like curs.

That being said, when the price of rice and oil hit their true values, China will be bowing again with respect and not that annoying smirk.

Fire away.

31st August 2011 at 8:34 pm

14. Smokey says:

Administrator,

I listed what I am highly confident about in the above post.

Now, within the parameters I listed above, here is what my personal ESTIMATE is—-this country begins a Great Depression in March of 2013, but it will not be recognized or acknowledged to be a Depression until up to a year after that.

Shortly after or concurrent with the time that it is widely acknowledged that we are in a Depression, the Collapse will occur.

Bank runs, rioting, exchange controls, the works.

Your end game and my end game expectations appear to be nearly identical, with the sole exception being the extent of China’s pain during the USA collapse.

It appears that you and I are only two or three years apart on how this sucker goes down.

31st August 2011 at 8:46 pm

15. Smokey says:

Administrator,

Colma is attempting to gain favor from LLPOH by rebuking me.

I offered him unconditional Big Dog status, an honor that thousands would gladly give the lives of their newborns for, and what did he do?

He stepped up to the plate and whiffed it. It was embarrassing.

I teach him shit on this blog that is probably known to only a handful of people in the entire world, and I get dissed in return.

31st August 2011 at 8:54 pm

Colma – you give yourself too much credit. You do not piss anyone off. You certainly can be annoying – but a chihuahua simply isn’t capable of pissing anyone off. when we get tired of you humping our legs, we just boot you across the room.

Here is Colma humping the leg of one of TBP Big Dogs:

chihuahua_humping.jpg

31st August 2011 at 9:03 pm

Smokey – you know it takes years for those lessons to sink in. You are a veritable fount of experience and wisdom. When you tried to promote him (my job, remember), I might have let it slide a bit if he hadn’t immediately run around with a lampshade on his head screaming “Look at me, I’m a Big Dog Now” over and over. Like Tom Landry said, when you get in the end zone act like you been there before (or maybe it was Darryl Royal, I forget). That just went to prove that he wasn’t ready to be allowed off the porch solo.

Colma, you have to stop this shit if you are ever gonna make the bigtime:

man_lampshade_tnb.png

31st August 2011 at 9:08 pm

18. Colma Rising says:

Dissed? Whiffed?

I am shocked.

LLPOH’s favor?

He rebukes your powers of conferring “Big Dog” status and laughs at the thought. He is quick to pull the rug from under my beaming pride and celebration at your return.

It is I who has been dissed.

I’ll take my medicine, but China won’t feel the pain of collapse because 90%+ haven’t even known the pleasure of their labors.

31st August 2011 at 9:10 pm

19. Colma Rising says:

Bullshit.

I smell an ambush.

Again, I have to go to class, but I will be lurking and taking note… like I have for years.

Fire up your gratuitous napalm, GreyBushes…

“Laugh it up, fuzz-ball”
    -Han Solo

31st August 2011 at 9:16 pm

Colma – you are treading thin ice. I would never laugh at Smokey. I am eagerly awaiting a worthy adversary or two that he and I may join forces and eviscerate together once again.

However, I must protect my hard-won priviledges – one being I am conveyor of Big Dog status. As I mentioned, he was setting a trap for you, knowing full well you would run around like a 12 year old at a Beiber concert the minute you thought you had been promoted. He was seeing how well you would respond to being gutted when I became aware of it. I was gentle with you, but the time has come to stop sulking.

31st August 2011 at 9:19 pm

Smokey

It was a pitiful display by Colma. You try to mentor the youth of TBP and they treat you like this. I’m speechless.

31st August 2011 at 9:20 pm

22. Smokey says:

Colma,

Discretion is the better part of valor.

I offer you a PHD in global economics, gratis, and you not only turn a blind eye to it, you insult me.

You disappoint me.

Pray you disappoint me no further, whippersnapper.

31st August 2011 at 9:27 pm

23. jmarz says:

Learning to speak and write in Mandarin effectively will be a valuable tool to have in the future. I believe future business students with even a minor in Mandarin will have a rare attribute that opens up doors for them in the job search. More and more multinationals are expanding in Asia because this century will be dominated by Asia. China will have issues just like America had a depression, Great Depression and numerous recessions in the 20th century. Peak oil will be an issue but it will be an issue for everyone. As we continue to face a financial and economic crisis here in the US, more and more companies will be forced to outsource to Asia in order to manage costs and stay in business. Taxes and regulations will continue to squash any hope for our country regaining a solid manufacturing based. A college student who understands Mandarin and is ambitious will have many more opportunities then one who doesn’nt learn Mandarin.

31st August 2011 at 10:52 pm

24. Colma Rising says:

I call shennanigans.

Bullshit.

A load of tomfoolery.

I am no punk bitch.

1st September 2011 at 1:43 am

25. Colma Rising says:

As for the thumbs ups on those posts slamming me:

There should be four. Admin, LLPOH, Smokey and my own.

That leaves one skulking cur who, without doubt, dares not cross me. It was wise to leave it at that, whoever you are.

1st September 2011 at 1:52 am

26. AKAnon says:

1st September 2011 at 3:14 am

Aka bitch slaps Colma into orbit. Bwahahahahaha!

1st September 2011 at 4:16 am

28. Colma Rising says:

AKAnon says:

hyenaMOS_428x269_to_468x312.jpg

“Just for the record, a couple of those thumbs up (for llpoh & Smokey’s posts) are mine. in the interest of full disclosure. Wisdom deserves credit. You’ll get yours when it is due.”

Welcome to my Punk Book, Akanon…

1st September 2011 at 11:18 am

29. eugend66 says:

AkAnon … thumbnail.aspx?q=1211416458217&id=f839da9290abbff3974c71bcd8d0da37&url=http%3a%2f%2fdogs.bsl-sbt.com%2fimagefiles%2fdogsimages%2ftibetanmastiff_watchdog.jpg
    some ‘fury’ help might be available.

1st September 2011 at 11:38 am