DID BABY BOOMERS DESTROY AMERICA?

Posted on 15th March 2012 by Administrator in Economy |Politics |Social Issues

Causation or coincidence? Facts can be very inconvenient to a generation in denial. I know. It was FDR and LBJ’s fault. That damn Greatest Generation made them do it. Gotta have it now generation – you got it.

They forgot this chart.

US-national-debt1980-2019.jpg

15th March 2012 at 7:55 pm

2. Muck About says:

Too far along to stop it now. Momentum is hard to stop, much less reverse.

But then it all will become clear April Fool’s Day when we’ll enter into yet another level of idiocy.

Keep on buying silver and gold on dips and buy those oil ETF’s when you have sufficient cash to grab a hundred shares or so. (USO, UCO, OIL, DBO etc..) Make sure you keep a full tank of gas in the car, some extra groceries in the pantry and have your family close come the end of the month.

MA

15th March 2012 at 8:06 pm

They forgot this chart.

credit-card-debt-graph.jpg

15th March 2012 at 8:14 pm

4. robert says:

What are you referring to regarding April 1st?

15th March 2012 at 8:36 pm

5. MuckAbout says:

@Robert: April 1st is April Fool’s day. The probability is that some bad things are going to go down in the wee hours of Sunday AM Mideast time. Do not be an April Fool, Robert.

MA

15th March 2012 at 8:48 pm

6. underfire says:

DID BABY BOOMERS DESTROY AMERICA?

I have another candidate. (Although I know they’re not mutually exclusive)

THE MANNER IN WHICH GOVERNMENT SPENDS OUR TAX MONEY

Or put another way, the way that Gov. has squandered away the wealth of resources and productive enterprise of this country. They’ve confiscated and spent it on big paydays to the elites, they’ve spent it on stimulating the reproduction and enlargement of the welfare state, they’ve spent it on buying votes, and on and on.

I write this after about a month of working with the Feds on some conservation property I own. The money they spend even now while requiring $4b daily in borrowed or printed money is staggering. Examples… resurvey at about 30k what was surveyed 4 years ago……build a new fence for well over 100k after rebuilding a now perfectly good fence 3 years ago. On and on. Projects of no return, price tags always in the tens of thousands.

My suggestions to save some money for the treasury is always met with “well, we have the money allocated”. I was fit to be shackled after the few weeks I spent with them.

15th March 2012 at 8:49 pm

7. Colma Rising says:

Did Baby Boomers Destroy America?

Absolutely, unequivocally YES.

BBES

15th March 2012 at 8:49 pm

8. MuckAbout says:

@Colma Rising: Don’t fret the little stuff. They will really run out of money shortly. Watch the long bond yield. Buy a chunk of TBF and observe. When, after 1 April, the Fed looses control, long bonds may go to heaven and I’ve always wanted a taxable trip up there!

MA

15th March 2012 at 8:53 pm

9. Novista says:

Muck

BTFD is good. Also the each-way bet: judicious selection of ‘collectibles’ — this Year of the Dragon with limited issue coinage already yielding a profit on eBay. Et cetera.

15th March 2012 at 8:58 pm

10. Colma Rising says:

TBF?

Bonds scare me but I’ll hold my nose. I see the logic Mr. ‘Bout….

Novista:

You talking Perth? The Snake was a phenomenal year with instant numismatic status, I heard. I imagine a dragon would have the same attribute.

15th March 2012 at 9:04 pm

TBF is shorting bonds. If rates go up, you’ll make a killing.

15th March 2012 at 9:09 pm

12. Muck About says:

@Colma: TBF is anti-bond. Yields rise, bonds drop in value! TBF is inverted and goes up as bonds fall in value and rates rise. It’s the best way to garner some moolah when the Fed looses control of long term rates. It’s a great way to garner a whole lot of moolah.. It may happen faster than you think..

MA

15th March 2012 at 9:10 pm

13. Colma Rising says:

I thought Muck was thinking another dollar-rush…

Hey, I’ll throw some moolah in a short fund… I get the heebeejeebees from bonds.

The old joke, that actually turned to be the real laughing stock for a while there:

“Knock knock”

“Who’s there?”

“Bond buyer….”

“BOND BUYER WHO?!”

15th March 2012 at 9:18 pm

14. Hollow man says:

You cannot blame all of us but we sure had just a tiny bitto do with it. But, loook man, when you can only think of your own pleasure, what do you expect. Remember we were raised to that way. So it cannot be all our fault. See, we cannot even take blame without whinning.

15th March 2012 at 9:41 pm

The answer is unequivocally YES.

Doesn’t matter if it’s charts, research studies, any and all evidence is supportive that these fattest assholes in human history destroyed our country. Is there any doubt?

Thank God they invented scooters for the fat fucks. Too bad they bankrupted our country before they could get them.

hoveround.jpg

15th March 2012 at 9:48 pm

Boomers furthered our evolution, as a species.

fat.jpg?w=460&h=186

Boomer made grotesque disgusting obesity completely socially acceptable.

15th March 2012 at 10:02 pm

How to spot a boomer:

They’re fat, lazy, greedy, prideful. they have hippie beards. Boomer men have bigger boobs than boomer women, and they think Medicare and Social Security are going to save their fat asses (they aren’t)

gregNdaughter.jpg

15th March 2012 at 10:05 pm

18. Colma Rising says:

I said it before, and I’ll say it again. In ten years or so, if some old fart asks me to get something off the shelf ath the market, should those even exist, I will give a sneering laugh and say: “Get it yourself,” and maybe push it back on the shelf a little more.

When a boomer rolls up in their hoveround and needs me to hold open the door, I will feign lack of notice and pull the door shut.

Should one wish a hand crossing the street, I will say “last one there eats dog doo!” And skip and bound across, alone, with joy.

15th March 2012 at 10:14 pm

They got the right idea in Philadelphia. Did the admin sponsor this?

just+die+already+love+gen+x+philly+mag.jpg

15th March 2012 at 10:21 pm

AWD

I should make that my icon

15th March 2012 at 10:25 pm

This book sold two copies world-wide.

book-baby-boomer-diet.jpg?w=279&h=376

15th March 2012 at 10:41 pm

22. matt says:

What’s going to happen when the pension funds evaporate? Eventually that bubble will have to pop. The tables will turn “son, can I borrow the car tonight? I need a couple bucks too”.

15th March 2012 at 10:52 pm

23. sensetti says:

Boomers are creating jobs and we need jobs, right.

Help for Aging Baby Boomers Spurs Fastest U.S. Job Growth; Home Instead Senior Care Positioned to Expand its Network to Meet Growing Home Care Needs
    Needed: Personal care aides. How many? A number that is growing by the day, according to the U.S. Department of Labor Statistics, which recently projected personal care aides as the fastest growing occupation from 2010 to 2020. Less than eight years from now, America will need almost 71 percent more caregivers to tend to the needs of an aging population. It’s not difficult to see why. Since Jan. 1, 2011, an average of 10,000 people turn 65 each day in the United States, and that unrelenting flood will continue until 2030.

Baby-Boomer-Characteristics.jpg

16th March 2012 at 12:06 am

24. FTL says:

Boomers didn’t destroy America – The Federal Infidels are totally responsible including ….

16th March 2012 at 12:46 am

25. howard in nyc says:

muck, you’re scaring me. do i need to be out of town that weekend?

i bought some gold yesterday. since it was on sale. guess i should’ve stocked up on other valuables and barterables.

16th March 2012 at 1:06 am

26. bruce says:

The boomer attacks make wonder about some of you guys. At any given point there are people of different generations alive and operating at one level or another. And most of them are idiots or up to no good. When I was a child it was clear that a lot of the old people were clueless morons. As I grew up it became clear that a lot of people my parents age were clueless morons. It was clear that most of the kids my age were clueless morons. And its clear that a lot of the kids today are clueless morons. Take your head out of your ass look around. Unless of course you rather leave in there for some reason you will find you are surrounded by socially and economically destructive people of all ages, shapes and, sizes. If one gets out he will see there are fat people, stupid people, mean people and just plain silly people well represented by every age group. These reprobates and fruit cakes make the world go round and always have in spite of the fact that their abundant fuckedupness would suggest they should not be able survive or achieve anything. It”s not just the boomers, it’s everyone and everyone through out most of history. There’s a lot of trouble in the world because there are people on the planet. They are running around loose and as usual fools and assholes of every age group proliferate at every level and at every degree of control.

16th March 2012 at 5:10 am

27. Bob says:

If interest rates soar, so will the dollar. Most everything priced in dollars will decline in price, including oil, gold and silver.

16th March 2012 at 10:19 am

To all Christians here,

Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Rick Santorum, et. al. are positive HOMOs destroyed America.

So, there. Leave us Boomers the fuck alone.

16th March 2012 at 10:55 am

29. sensetti says:

Stuck
    I attempted to say something positive about Boomers. They are creating jobs, needing folks to help clean their tail pipe and helping them not to forget daily meds and such. That’s good……….No?

16th March 2012 at 11:08 am

sensetti

Yup, that’s good.

I don’t get all hot and bothered anymore with these anti-boomer posts. I know it doesn’t apply to me so why should I take it personally?

However, not everyone is as level-headed, logical, and astute as I am. LOL

I honestly think these type of posts create more “enemies” than Jim realizes. I wonder how many newbies and visitors to this site read this and say “fuckiit, I don’t want to be part of this”. And, yes, I know he doesn’t give a shit about that either.

I also wonder about the list you, others, and myself could make titled — “What destroyed America?”. It would be a very long list, no? Yes, boomers would be on it, but to put THEM on the very top of the list — as these type posts imply — is just plain silly.

Lastly, I wonder if boomer haters realize the slippery slope they are on by demonizing mostly just one group …. whether boomers, Jews, Christians, Muslims, gays, or whatever. It often leads to some type of genocide towards that “hated” group. The comments/pics here wishing boomers would simpy die is disturbing …IF people really mean it.

16th March 2012 at 11:28 am

31. sensetti says:

I was born in 1961 so according to Admin ( As he informed me last year ) I am just under the wire. You have to take pleasure in the small things

16th March 2012 at 11:37 am

sensetti

I could tell you weren’t a Boomer. You have a functioning brain and can control your needs and desires.

16th March 2012 at 11:39 am

33. sensetti says:

Thanks
    But it really won’t matter, the house is on fire and we are all gonna get burned
    house-on-fire.jpg

16th March 2012 at 11:49 am

Some boomers out collecting cans so they can eat. They made it 10 yards and had to stop as they were out of breath. After a 30 minute rest, they walked another 10 yards.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8NtHkQamTrlbNV4YdSmTLbYrFBQ7_mtduWErHYHBcbeHzqyDlKl9DcdS-

16th March 2012 at 12:48 pm

35. FoxFire says:

If Correlation equals causation, since the baby boom period began in the early 40s, their late 20s began in the late 60s – not the mid-80s where these charts indicate the problems began.
    What DID happen in the 80s? The birth of the group called Millennial, so THEY are obviously the problem, along with everyone born since then. Get rid of everyone born after 1980 and all the problems will be solved, right?

16th March 2012 at 2:18 pm

FoxFire reveals himself to be a Boomer since he is math challenged. The largest segment of Boomers (1946 – 1952) entered their peak spending and earning years in 1980.

Dumbasses like yourself probably think you deserve your Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and government pensions too. Let me guess, you withdrew equity from your house in 2005 and have saved a sum total of $50,000 in your 401k.

16th March 2012 at 2:32 pm

37. TeresaE says:

Bob says, “…If interest rates soar, so will the dollar. Most everything priced in dollars will decline in price, including oil, gold and silver…”

Why do you think there is going to be a correlation between increase in value of our dollars and our interest rates?

The way I see it is that when interest rates rise (unbidden and against all stops from the Fed), it isn’t going to make our dollars more valuable because Benny is going to just have to print that much faster.

Want to know what isn’t going to rise with interest rates? Wages. The interest rates are going to SLAUGHTER the millions indebted on variable rates, let alone the government that has to keep interest low or the Ponzi becomes evident.

And when that happens our dollars will be worth LESS to the rest of the world. Which means gas, oil, silver, gold, food, insulin, toilet paper, steel, nuts, bolts, plastics, tshirts, jeans, iPads, ALL will balloon in costs.

The dollar has no way to keep up with its demise. None.

16th March 2012 at 3:44 pm

38. FoxFire says:

Sorry Admin – guessed wrong on all but one.
    For some light reading, try “A Modest Proposal for Preventing the Children of Poor People From Being a Burden on Their Parents or Country, and for Making Them Beneficial to the Publick”

16th March 2012 at 4:54 pm