CALIFORNIA DREAMIN

Posted on 5th October 2012 by Administrator in Economy |Politics |Social Issues

, ,

Colma should be happy. Another reason people will be staying away from California. So let me get this straight. Tax revenues are plunging because rich people are leaving the state and no one can afford to shop anymore. Cities are declaring bankruptcy left and right because they promised government workers gold plated health and pension benefits. Gas prices are 17% higher than the rest of the country because they haven’t allowed a refinery to be built in three decades. They have an unemployment rate over 11%. And Moonbeam Jerry Brown is urging them to vote themselves a tax increase in November so he can keep the lights on in Sacramento. At least they have nice weather.

Calif. gas prices jump by up to 20 cents overnight

SAN FRANCISCO — Californians woke up to a shock Friday as overnight gasoline prices jumped by as much as 20 cents a gallon in some areas, ending a week of soaring costs that saw some stations close and others charge record prices.

The average price of regular gas across the state was nearly $4.49 a gallon, the highest in the nation, according to AAA’s Daily Fuel Gauge report.

In Southern California, the price jumped 20 cents a gallon overnight to $4.53 in Ventura. And in the Los Angeles-Long Beach area prices went up 19 cents to nearly $4.54. And it wasn’t any better to the north, as a gallon of regular gas in San Francisco averaged nearly $4.60.

In many areas, prices have jumped 40 cents in a week as refinery problems have created shortages and helped send wholesale prices soaring. Some stations ran out of gas and shut down Thursday rather than pay those costs.

Even Costco, the giant discount store chain that sells large volumes of gas, decided to close some stations, the Los Angeles Times (lat.ms/OGwEV2) reported.

“We do not know when we will be resupplied,” read a sign at one Southern California Costco, according to the Times.

Other gas stations charged more than $5 a gallon. The Low-P station in Calabasas charged $5.69 Thursday. The pumps bore hand-written signs reading: “We are sorry, it is not our fault,” the Times said.

While gas prices have spiked around the nation, refinery outages and pipeline problems have added to woes in California.

Among the recent disruptions, an Aug. 6 fire at a Chevron Corp. refinery in Richmond left one of the region’s largest refineries producing at a reduced capacity. A power failure in Southern California has affected an Exxon Mobil Corp. refinery, and a Chevron pipeline that moves crude to Northern California also was shut down.

The national average for gas is about $3.79 a gallon, the highest ever for this time of year. However, gas prices in many states have started decreasing, which is typical for October.

But in California, gasoline inventories are the lowest in more than 10 years — a situation made worse by the state’s strict pollution limits that require a special blend of cleaner-burning gasoline during hot summer months.

Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum analyst at GasBuddy.com, said he is seeing the highest prices in the state around Los Angeles, where on Thursday at least five stations have crossed the $5 a gallon mark, including $5.29 in Burbank and $5.11 in Norwalk.

Prices will keep rising, he says, because in the past week wholesale gasoline prices have jumped $1 a gallon, but average retail prices have increased only 30 cents.

“This is one of the easiest forecasts: Retail prices are going to skyrocket,” DeHaan said.

The jump in wholesale prices can be particularly tough on independent gas stations that often pay more for their gas because they are not part of a larger chain.

Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst at Oil Price Information Service, said he’s heard of a few California station owners shutting their pumps rather than charging the $4.90 a gallon or more necessary to break even.

“Wholesale price increases lead to retail price increases,” Kloza said. “But there is some restraint among companies who do not want to exercise their current pricing power and irritate their customers.”

Some analysts think prices nationally will begin to decline soon but say California could see a longer spike given its unique fuel requirements.

“Nationally, I believe most prices will wobble to and fro for the next week or so, with an eventual slow but steady attrition in retail gas prices, particularly in the Midwest and Southeast,” Kloza said. “California is a wild card.”

LOVED the CA map. Made me chuckle. (Yes, I do chuckle from time to time.)

“Californians woke up to a shock Friday as overnight gasoline prices jumped by as much as 20 cents a gallon in some areas…” —– from the article

The rest of the article is woefully incorrect. It has nothing to do with refineries not being built, supply and demand, peak oil, or anything like that. I have done countless hours of research for you curs analyzing the REAL root cause, which I now present to you;

obama-blame-bush.jpg

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 26 Thumb down 5

5th October 2012 at 11:58 am

2. Colma Rising says:

It’s a living hell. Even where “the Apple guys work”. I really don’t see why people stay here. If I were them I’d go home.

The weather sucks. The sun only comes out in October.

There are Mexicans EVERYWHERE! Don’t come here, you might start driving 20+ year old beaters, listening to rap and loving burritos.

Oh, and the homos might TURN YOU GAY and ruin your family values.

There are so many socialists you have to wade through people smoking cigarettes, playing dominoes and proving there is no God with some bitches’ toungue in their ear…. just to get to the machine to pay your over-priced parking fee.

Go home, stay away. Nothing but high gas prices, taxes, fog, sun burn, nukilar surf, unemployment and gay Mexican socialists. Trust me, you’d hate it.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 24 Thumb down 3

5th October 2012 at 12:08 pm

Colma

Are you voting to increase your taxes?

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 12:09 pm

4. TPC says:

I feel like shit today. Thank you, Colma, for making me laugh.

I like CA. My wife wants us to move there, but I think we are more likely to end up in Texas or Colorado.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 12:13 pm

5. Colma Rising says:

If the gmo labeling proposition 37 passes, that will be the last straw. Labeling food is STATISM, propositions and ballot initiatives are COLLeCTIVISM and that’s bad. Just horrible.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 1

5th October 2012 at 12:14 pm

6. Eddie says:

Love the map.

I do spend time in the “I honestly don’t think anyone knows” area of CA when I can…but I ain’t tellin’ what’s there.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 12:14 pm

7. Colma Rising says:

TPC: Don’t listen to your wife. Stay away. There’s no hope for scientists here. The pay is shit…. and the taxes! Just terrible.

Did I mention that hippies stink?

If you stay too long, you might vote to raise your taxes! Crazy! Just crazy!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 12:27 pm

8. Mark says:

It ‘s been pointed out before. Environmentalism is a way of making land expensive to keep undesirables out. Add in the high cost of gasoline and only limousine liberals will be able to afford to raise children in Whitopias.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 2

5th October 2012 at 12:27 pm

9. Jimi d says:

$5.00 + per gallon gasoline will be something that the entire USA will be seeing in the very near future ! “PEAK OIL” is here folks – and there ain’t noth”n anyone can do to change this fact.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 11 Thumb down 1

5th October 2012 at 12:28 pm

I saw a video report this morning showing two stations somewhere in CA where gas was over $6.00 a gallon. Unreal!

I was looking at historical gas prices from the time I was born to the present a few days ago. When I was born in 1966 gas was about .32 cents/gallon. By the time I could legally drive in 1986, gas has tripled to .96 cents/gallon. In the 26 years since 1986 gas has gone to $3.83 cents/gallon! That is four times more expensive than when I started driving and just shy of twelve times more than when I was born 45 years ago! If all you new parents out there bought $5k in energy stocks for your kids as they are born, they would retire wealthy!
    I_S

5th October 2012 at 12:58 pm

11. ron says:

The lots of farms section should include,Meth making capital of the usa.
    Colma some of CA. is nice if it wasnt for all the crime and fags and taxs and earthquakes and fires.
    I like the little farms selling stuff along the road in central cal. I traveled ca. a lot and have listened to enough people tell me enough stuff to want to stay away.
    Arizona is slowly getting fcked up by people fleeing cal. and bringing theyre dumbazz thinking here.
    I see them here.People sell theyre shack in ca. then come here and houses are like 150.000 to 250.000 and they buy one with cash.
    My final test is would i want to raise my kids there?are the schools just prisons? Thats the main thing ca. fails on.Oh and the fun storys im told by someone here who was a reacher in LA.

5th October 2012 at 1:33 pm

12. Colma Rising says:

You mean people RETURNING to Arizona. Thank god. There were too many wall-eyed mullets bidding up home prices for a while there.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 2:18 pm

AWD

Nice pic. I guess.

Have you not learned your lesson? Have you forgotten that my Ms. Massive Fatty pic got something like 20 thumbs up? Please try to be fair and balanced. Maybe you can find a Ms Fatty with the Great Pyramid stuck up her crotch?

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 2:28 pm

14. Colma Rising says:

Don’t believe it. The women have tats and tackle box faces and are mean.

The grass is greener on your side.

The pot is all mexi-schwag-brickweed here too and even CEO’s and CFO’s and Treasurers smoke it. They’re out of their minds.

Everyone rides bicycles in pan-hats to work.

Even my neigbor’s dog barks “O-Braw-Ma” if you ask who it’s going to vote for.

The views are terrible. Low quality of life.

Even Amazon bends eventually when it’s whining about taxes makes Moon Beams aura frown.

There’s rainbow flags above every building. A lesbian ate my homework.

Europeans everywhere. I hate British accents they need to learn English.

Heed the warning. Stay away. Ask Matt. It sucks.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 3:50 pm

15. matt says:

California is fucked for many reasons, $5.00 gas is just the icing on the cake. I’m just biding my time right now, hitting the beach on the Central Coast (Carpinteria to Cambria) every time I get a chance. BTW, I think Mexican food (rice, beans and shitty meat on a tortilla) sucks, It’s really healthy too, just ask one of the morbidly obese senioritas pushing a baby stroller with her tenth kid in it.

We do have great weed though, you can’t deny that (Hi SSS)

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 5:04 pm

16. matt says:

Colma,
    What’s on tap tonight? I have been drinking Firestone Pale 31 lately, awesome!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 5:05 pm

17. matt says:

Colma,
    Have you tried Firestone Pale 31 or 805 yet? Awesome with a frosty mug, stay thirsty my friend.

5th October 2012 at 5:07 pm

18. matt says:

double post-sorry

5th October 2012 at 5:08 pm

19. flash says:

Californians should be banned form breeding.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 3

5th October 2012 at 5:11 pm

20. Colma Rising says:

Sorry Matt… I’ve, for the time being, stopped drinking.

Listen to Matt. Mexican food sucks.

He’s in LA. He knows.

Oh and Flash: Don’t eat the spoon with your gumbo you fucking inbred.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 5:17 pm

We know you love tacos colmes, don’t fuck with us man…

6tacos.jpg

5th October 2012 at 5:21 pm

22. Colma Rising says:

Let’s see: Fleet Week+ ‘merica’s Cup + Hardly Strictly Bluegrass + Niners Game + no exams for two weeks + cheap foofie food downtown =

Fuck you clowns

I’m at work watching a Blue Angel chase an old Zero around and fly formation with it. Kinda cool.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 5:21 pm

23. matt says:

Niners and bluegrass, on that we can agree.

5th October 2012 at 7:12 pm

24. Eddie says:

And Fleet Week.

HEL-LO SAILORS!

(just kiddin’)

I was in Colma’s fair city a couple of weeks ago and smash and grab thieves broke the window of my rental car and made off with two nice laptops, an antique telescope, and a bag of rock climbing gear.

In broad daylight in plain view of the entrance of a large museum.

That won’t happen to you in Austin.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 7:20 pm

25. Colma Rising says:

You heard it.

Smash and grabs! Thieves! Broad Daylight! Anarchy! Taxes!

The absolute pits.

(Eddy…. having a car in SF sucks. I had issues even in the Sunset when I lived there….. by the beach buuuuoy!….. If you’re a tourist, take Bart and Muni maybe cabs if you’re shitfaced. Oh and none of that 15% tip shit, it’s expensive to live here and your waitstaff probably already has had enough you cheap fucks)

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 7:47 pm

26. Llpoh says:

The sooner California falls into the ocean, the better for all concerned. I will however miss Colma. Hope he can swim.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 8:16 pm

27. Colma Rising says:

The sooner Hood/Helens/Jefferson go, the better…. More water to irrigate sidewalks in Bakersfield.

I hope Llpoh has pyroclasm insurance.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 8:29 pm

28. SAH says:

California sucks so fucking bad that it is even making Oregon suck. Every time I meet a semi-wealthy Liberal Obamite asshole in Oregon, they are actually from Cali. My understanding is thy the ‘better’ Californians move here, so what does that say f

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 6 Thumb down 4

5th October 2012 at 8:33 pm

29. Muck About says:

Colma, you have made an old chemo curdled curmudgeon hurt his stomach laughing in this wonderful thread.

I look to you to brighten my days a week from Monday as it will either be a new chemo cycle or abdominal surgery for an infected “tic” down the interior somewhere near my ass hole.. A wonderful possibility that I totally forgot when laughing at your posts.

Thanks and —- _Please Keep It Up_—–

MA

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 9:16 pm

30. Colma Rising says:

Leathery Boomers in Oregon come from Bend.

Don’t even get me started on Oregonians. At least that Cali map upt there has sectors. After I get my burrito made by an awesome Mexican family at an awesome shop, where I’m standing in line, I’m going to watch the sun set.

I’ll post pictures and proceed to thrash you jealous naysayers shortly.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 9:16 pm

Calabasas%202_0.JPG

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 1

5th October 2012 at 9:21 pm

100_0.jpg

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 1

5th October 2012 at 9:22 pm

33. Muck About says:

Holy Shit! I just knew I bought my Prius (6 months ago) for a reason! Damn, I hate to be so right….

MA

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 9:34 pm

Colmes, we’re all moving to Cali. Can you put us up at your house?

funny-graphs-californians.gif

tumblr_l7kz2xG8nF1qctkcl.jpg

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 1

5th October 2012 at 9:34 pm

35. Muck About says:

#2 comment

Even though this is a refinery problem and not “oil” per se, and diversion of Eastern stored fuel will drive our prices up too – by the time the refineries are fixed, they’ll fuck something else up to keep things up near $5..

If they slip and push it over $5.00 a gallon, Amerika will come to a very loud, screeching halt just like it did once before.

RIP economy in any case..

MA

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 9:40 pm

36. Colma Rising says:

Getting cheap gas….

013.jpg

(So there’s too much cloud for a sunset. Pretty anyway…. the burrito is veggie of course, extra avocado.)

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 10:06 pm

37. Colma Rising says:

Looking south…
    007.jpg

I’m getting hongry again.

Oh, for you numbskulls who think we just do yoga and eat burritos….

Fuck that.

022.jpg

Where else do you find the gun store next to a yoga studio motherfuckers?

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 10:13 pm

38. Colma Rising says:

Lol…. anybody from the town I ate my burrito by the beach in will know exactly where I am talking about.

Howard would.

5th October 2012 at 10:20 pm

39. sangell says:

There is a possibility there could be another San Francisco Bay World Series this year. Last time there was a nice earthquake in the middle of it. Hayward fault is locked and loaded. This fault runs along the East Bay ( Oakland). If it goes off in a big way it could shut down two other big refineries , the Shell refinery in Benecia and Valero’s in Martinez as well as put Chevron’s Richmond refinery down for the count. Those 3 account for half of California’s gasoline production. Oakland A’s are my team so here’s to a Bay Area Series.

5th October 2012 at 10:40 pm

40. Colma Rising says:

Sangell: Good for the A’s…. they needed this.

Where’d the damnable Northwesterners go?

Here, for SAH:

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 6 Thumb down 3

5th October 2012 at 7:37 am

hi-debt-funny-license-plate.jpg

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 9:24 am

45. Colma Rising says:

Ding ding ding ASIG is a winner!!! Burrito from El Grano of course…

You in P-town?

5th October 2012 at 11:18 am

46. Colma Rising says:

Let’s address the idea of “selling California to China”:

That would be more moronic than the French end of the Louisiana Purchase. That would make the selling of England’s gold reserve at all-time lows look like forward thinking.

Like it or not, keep in mind that environmentalism and such are ideas thrown around when a society has the luxury of thinking up such things. It’s true. If you think about it, that means that effectively:

Rare earth mining will be possible in California, as it isn’t being pulled in the present.

Gold mining will still be possible as it was halted…. plenty still there.

Agriculture is nowhere near peak production due to environmental constraints on water supply. Divert priority from suburban sprawls to agriculture, update the aqua-structure (that already produces enough food to boggle the mind year round) and what do you think a full-production picture would provide?

Where I was scarfing a burrito and watching the calm ocean above… literally…. is a shallow shelf reaching at least 20 miles and spanning areas more or less from Mendocino to Monterrey…. with what? Texas Tea, baby! Lite-sweet igneous goo. A lot of it. Would it cure our Peak Cheap ills? NO. But it would pull a hefty ransom of dollar value when the price gets so bad that….

What? So bad that what?

That the luxury of conservation is set aside.

So taxes now (and yet big money still stays, at least headquartered) and blah blah blah. Just look into the future. What do you see? A global economy humming along as we’ve known it, or factors pointing toward resource shortages and paper devaluation?

Would selling a resource-rich area for paper be a good idea?

Or would it be one of those chapters in the history books about someone’s short-sighted lunacy?

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

5th October 2012 at 12:16 pm

47. Eddie says:

Colma

I’m actually a fan of The City, having spent a fair amount of time there over the last decade. I’m a veteran of the BART, the Muni, and even the 30 Stockton Bus.

We were just passing through last time on our way to SFO. My daughter wanted to see the Man Ray exhibit at the legion of Honor. We did. Just turned out to be bad timing.

5th October 2012 at 12:42 pm

48. Colma Rising says:

That actually really sucks. At the Legion?

Write the CA Attorney General….

Kamala will make heads roll for this LOL

5th October 2012 at 1:02 pm

49. ASIG says:

@Colma
    Pacifica- Nope. 30+ miles to the SE in the middle of Silicon Valley.

5th October 2012 at 2:05 pm

50. ron says:

No,its people from ca. coming here to make it as fcked up as where they are from.Mexicans do it to.They walk through the freakin desert to get here,then try to make it all fcked up like mexico.Ive been hearing storys for years about how much folks from oregon hate people from ca. also.
    Going around telling people your from ca. isnt a good thing.Unless your from northern ca. and have access to some killer shit,then your everyones good friend.
    My fond memory of being stationed out there,was how many mexicans had tear drops tattoed under theyre eye,and they all seemed to carry big knives.
    I used to drive tp southern ca. and back to Phoenix every night for awhile.There was always uhaul trucks heading towards Phoenix.Also pickup trucks loaded up and towing anouther pickup all loaded up.Covered in blue tarps.Every night without fail.i figured there was illegal aliens under the tarp.
    Dont get to butt hurt,people suck every where.Its a matter of what weather and lifestyle you like.
    Colma you live by Gay Bay right?

5th October 2012 at 3:33 pm

51. Colma Rising says:

Ron:

You’re like Boomhaer from King Of The Hill with your prose:

“Durky dam Do cum up an Mexican down der dem har been Califurnans come all decked in dem tarps wit aliens, no whatta mean, man?”

It’s true, Ron, like the article says…. People used to come here and now leave for lower taxes and retirement. Funny how that works. They came here for years, voted in fucked up shit, made their bucks, and left…. Thanks for taking them. The more assholes who leave the better.

Here’s your consolation because at the end of the day…. You’ll take the money.

cr_71t4.gif

“The data show aggregate income moving into and out of California in roughly the same pattern that people do. There are some differences because some migrants are wealthier than others, so the movement of dollars does not precisely track that of individuals. For example, while Texas took in the largest number of former Californians between 2000 and 2010, it was Nevada that received the largest share of formerly Californian income: some $5.67 billion in income shifted from California to the Silver State during that decade. Arizona had the next biggest gain at California’s expense, at $4.96 billion, followed by Texas, at $4.07 billion, and Oregon close behind, at $3.85 billion. The lower ranking for Texas is due to Californians moving to Texas having lower annual income per capita ($23,150) than did Texans going to California ($26,640). In the other three states, that income difference is either much narrower or tilted the other way. Inbound and outbound incomes were less than $500 apart in Arizona. In Oregon and Nevada, newcomers from California had incomes about $4,000 higher than those going the opposite way.”

From http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/cr_71.htm#.UHCOzlE6LIU

Worth a read if big words and numbers don’t make your head hurt too much.

5th October 2012 at 4:21 pm

52. Colma Rising says:

Look at the article and the data…. More people move from SoCal than anything. Sorry, Ron, that’s gotta suck….

Don’t blame CA for the illegals. Pete Wilson tried to sue the Feds for money lost in social costs due to their willing lack of enforcement…. Guess what the judge said?

You’re state’s going through the same, in a bad way. Phoenix is the cartel kidnapping capitol. Check who the Chamber Of Commerce supports…. not only their candidates but their stand on cheap labor….

You can’t stop the taste execs have for nose candy and the mullets’ taste for meth…. Uglicans want cheap labor, dems want welfare voters. Welcome to Globalism.

Scroll up to Mark’s comment and open up your arms for the poor and huddled masses….. I’m going to the beach.

Suckers

5th October 2012 at 4:43 pm

53. Novista says:

Colma “short-sighted lunacy” LOL

Re the “Brown bottom”, that was just an agenda and others were in on it. RBA in the land of oz sold 2/3 of the gold reserve in 1997. Canada dumped about 80% of its, from 1998-2000. Collusion? Nah.

Nothing to see here, move along.

5th October 2012 at 9:00 pm

54. Colma Rising says:

Well, Novista, someone was on the buying end….

Someone with “foresight” and “sanity”….

5th October 2012 at 9:54 pm

55. ron says:

Its ok man,say whatever you like.I hope your cutdowns make you feel better about living in a shithole like ca. I stand by what i said.

5th October 2012 at 10:42 pm

56. Plato_Plubius says:

I just heard that another city not far from Stockton is considering bankruptcy. Atwater It is in the “lots of farms” area on the map! I just visited a friend yesterday, who lives in Merced (near Atwater) and hear that Merced might not be far behind Atwater. The govt cutting off water to the farmers there in the past year or two because of the FUCKING DELTA SMELT has nearly destroyed the agricultural communities there.

here is an excerpt fromt he article linked below:

Atwater, California, the Merced County agricultural community facing insolvency before year-end, declared a fiscal emergency as it struggles to avoid becoming the state (STOCA1)’s fourth city to seek bankruptcy protection in 2012.

The city of 28,000, located among dairies and almond groves about 100 miles (160 kilometers) southeast of San Francisco, declared the emergency yesterday as a $3.3 million deficit may leave it out of cash before year-end, according to budget documents. Officials, who want concessions from public-employee unions, told almost a quarter of municipal employees they’ll lose their jobs as Atwater tries to balance its budget.

5th October 2012 at 12:41 pm