The monthly Bureau of Lies and Scams report on employment is such an Orwellian creation that it barely deserves attention from critical thinking people. The MSM is shrieking about the 170,000 excel spreadsheet created jobs in October. Of course the number of unemployed actually went up by 170,000 people, but that needs no mention by the MSM. Here is a link to the data:
Here are a few points you won’t hear in the MSM:
- The working age population has gone up by 3.7 million since last October and only 3.1 million more people are employed, but miraculously the unemployment rate somehow has plunged from 8.9% to 7.9%. How could this be?
- Very simple. You see 2.1 million working age Americans decided their lives are so awesome and they have so much money, they left the labor force of their own free will. They decided that working for a living was overrated.
- 8 million working age Americans have supposedly “voluntarily” left the labor force since Obama assumed power. It’s laughable.
- The birth death adjustment added 90,000 pretend jobs, supposedly created by small businesses who on a monthly basis say they are not hiring new employees.
- The average hourly earnings FELL in October. If jobs are being added, how can wages be falling? Must be those awesome Chick-Fil-A part time jobs at the mall.
- For some real perspective, please note that there were 146 million Americans employed in 2007. Today there are 143 million Americans employed. The working age population has increased by 12 million over this same time period. Does that sound like a jobs recovery to you?
- In 2011 only 100 million of the 135 million jobs in this country were occupied by people working 35 or more hours per week. Today, those numbers are 104 million out of 140 million. For the math challenged among you, this means that of the last 5 million Obama jobs created, 80% of them were part-time.
So completes my monthly dose of reality regarding our true jobs situation. Enjoy your day – especially if you are one of those lucky 88 million who don’t need a job.