Two years ago, The Great Smokey and I told y’all that Obama would win. We were hooted at and derided. We of course won those battles, but were somewhat stunned that so few of the smart folks on TBP could read the tea leaves. This stupidity continued unabated right up until the instant of the election – many otherwise very smart folks (come on out and issue the requisite mea culpas, y’all) were calling the election for Romney in spite of all evidence to the contrary.
So, just how did Smokey and I know this would happen? Well, first and foremost, we are mental giants, and have the ability to synthesize complex issues down and reach accurate conclusions. But just so you know, here are some of the basic issues that lead us to our position:
- Blacks account for 12% of the population, and 99.99% would vote for Obama. The remainder – 0.01 per cent – hit the wrong button.
- Hispanics would vote in large numbers in favour of Obama, given the general position of the Republicans to pitch their countrymen out of the country, and to otherwise make their lives difficult. In fact, they turned out in record numbers and voted around 80% for Obama
- The Free Shit Army would vote en masse for Obama – they include 1 and 2 above, plus all of the other hangers on. This Army includes those on SSDI and those that are fully SS dependent, those on unemployment, those on Food Stamps, etc.
- Government drones and unionists (an overlapping group) would vote en masse for Obama
- Women would vote for Obama, given the Republicans penchant for putting up candidates that were radically far right and vocally anti-abortion, and who wanted to see Rowe v Wade overturned. This was a loser.
- The Republicans would surely field candidates who were total idiots. And indeed they did, starting with Romney, and working their way down to the far-right nutjobs who were incapable of keeping their mouths shut. Their comments about rape, etc, went down like lead balloons. We knew the Republics would commit errors one after the other – selecting a presidential candidate that would not release his tax returns, etc etc etc. Ad nauseum examples exist.
- The Republicans were unable to cease their neocon bullshit, and so could not position themselves for centrist votes on this issue.
- We knew the MSM would seize on every mistake and every ridiculous comment and blow it out of all proportion – and they did. This was a huge help to Obama.
So, being great thinkers, Smokey and I looked at these things, and determined Obama would win, despite being arguably the worst president in US history. In hindsight, those that argued against us must be saying, “damn, it really was easy to see. How could I have been such an idiot?”.
And here is my forward prediction: the Republicans will likely be able to hold onto Congress for the full four years (if they lose Congress, watch Obama go nuts before he exits stage left, leaving behind a ruins of monumental proportion). I expect serious degeneration to the economic position of the country over the next 4 years, and I expect to see the Free Shit Army grow unabated. I expect to see the demographics continue to shift in favour of the Democrats – especially an increase in Hispanics, who are now dyed in the wool Democrats. I expect to see capital pour out of the country, and to see laws implemented to try to keep it in the US, which in itself will have catastrophic results (who will invest here if they money is effectively frozen?). I expect to see the very rich abandon ship at every opportunity. I expect to see small businesses continue to fold by the millions. I expect to see unemployment rise given the planned tax hikes and the flight of capital and the capitulation of the “rich”. I expect to see the US implement the highest tax rates in the world. I expect to see the “rich” of California take flight to avoid the impact of proposition 30. I expect the stock market to fall markedly as capital flees, and I see inflation accelerating.
And most of all, unless the Republicans can move severely to the center and can come up with candidates that overwhelmingly are more to the center, I expect to see the Democrats continue to win the presidency, with Hillary Clinton most likely to be the next president.
Don’t like these predictions? Me either. I do not predict what I want to see, but rather I predict what I expect to see, based on the information that is out there if one but looks around. Y’all need to take off the blinders when making predictions. Wanting is not the same thing as getting.
Smokey, wherever you are, we were right. I know it is no surprise to you. I drank a toast to you last night, and wish you well. You and I can bask in the knowledge that …..
WE WERE RIGHT, BITCHEZ!