The Bureau of Lies and Shams reported CPI today. They report that your inflation is only up 1.7% in the last year. Do you believe them? Does this match what you see in your life?
- Even though we just paid the highest average price in U.S. history during 2012 for a gallon of gasoline, the BLS says gasoline inflation was only 1.7%.
- Even though wheat, soybeans, and corn rose 20% to 40% over the last year and the mega-corporation food companies continue to reduce packaging sizes while charging the same price, the BLS says your food at home costs only went up 1.3%. I wonder if anyone from the BLS ever goes shopping at a grocery store.
- Even though the MSM has been telling me that apartment rents are up 6% and home prices are up 10% in the last year, the BLS says that shelter costs are only up 2.2%.
- Even though health insurance premiums and co-pays are going up in excess of 10% per year, the BLS says medical care is only up 3.7% in the last year.
- Even though educational costs are skyrocketing due to the Federal government handing out loans like candy, it isn’t even measured in the CPI.
- My state has raised tolls by 10% and my real estate taxes by almost 4%. Where is this reflected in the CPI?
- The Federal government is subsidizing subprime auto loans through Ally Financial which is jacking up the prices of cars, but the BLS says prices only rose by 1.6% because they now have better seat ass warmers.
- Comcast just jacked up my bill from $100 to $150. Where is that reflected in the CPI?
Am I being too skeptical? Is your inflation rate 1.7%, or closer to the rate calculated by John Williams at Shadowstats?