I’VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS

Posted on 3rd June 2013 by Administrator in Economy |Politics |Social Issues

, , , , ,

I generally try to maintain a balance between hope and despair on TBP. I attempt to mix humor with doom in order to relieve the tension of the times. Some people would prefer doom 24/7. Others think we need more optimism and positive stories. A weekend in Wildwood NJ would drain the optimism from Winnie the Pooh. We had to clean the condo before the next tenant arrived, so Avalon and I had to go to the shore when it was 80 degrees and sunny. On top of that, the kids didn’t want to go. So mom-in-law agreed to stay over and we headed down Saturday morning for a relaxing weekend. As we arrived, we could see the town was bustling with activity. It seemed this was after-prom weekend in Wildwood.

There were teenagers everywhere. I guess it is now tradition for hundreds of teens from a high school to take over entire motels for the weekend after their proms. The motels actively promote this weekend with advertising showing teenagers like this.

Sounds harmless enough. The day was beautiful and after some preliminary cleaning, we decided to take a long walk on the boardwalk. Our trek on the boardwalk was a real eye opener. After an hour of walking and observing the sights, we were equally appalled, disgusted, amused, horrified, and depressed by what we had witnessed. I can unequivocally declare that baggy pants are the least of the worries in Wildwood. Avalon was actually frightened by what she was seeing. I was just more convinced than ever before in my observations that the majority of Americans are just willfully ignorant morons. Everyone judges people by their appearance. It’s what human beings do. I did not see the teenagers pictured in the ad above. These pictures are an accurate reflection of the crowd on the Wildwood boardwalk at 4:00 pm on a Saturday afternoon in June.

I wish this was an exaggeration, but even these pictures don’t capture the essence of the crowd roaming freely on the Wildwood boardwalk. My visceral reaction was anger that most of these idiots had already thrown in the towel on their lives. How stupid could they be? The proliferation of tattoos among the low class is frightening to behold. Don’t these people realize that a neck tattoo or full arm tattoo has eliminated their chances to ever get a decent paying job? Teenagers are often stupid and clueless, but sometimes they mature and come to their senses in their 20’s or 30’s. I hire employees. I can tell you right now, I will never ever hire a person with a tattoo on their face, neck or any visible area of their body. If you have a cheek or nose piercing you will never be taken serious by anyone. The deforming and mutilation of their bodies is surely a sign of mental illness.

The vast majority of the low class people on the Wildwood boardwalk were oblivious to their own low classness. This is normal in America today. They are wearing $300 Air Jordan sneakers and dropping hundreds of dollars on fried oreos, fudge, rides and shooting basketballs to win an enormous stuffed pig. I would go out on a limb and guess that more than 50% of the people on that boardwalk were receiving some form of government assistance. So essentially you were paying for their fun in the sun with your tax dollars. Liberals are unable to make this connection. If the welfare state was not supporting those who are not truly in need of assistance, they would be forced to work and wouldn’t have the time to deform their bodies, become obese, or buy $300 Air Jordans. The growing welfare state has created this culture of degradation. If you can connect the dots, you win a stuffed pig.

As we were nearing the end of our journey through this funhouse of doom, I noted to Avalon that 99.9% of the people on that boardwalk would have absolutely no understanding of anything that we discuss on TBP every day. If 25% of these people could name the Vice President of the United States, I’d be surprised. They have no concern about the future of the country. They don’t understand math. It’s hard. They care about their next 1,000 calorie meal and what is on the boob tube tonight. They are the ignorant masses produced by our government run public education system and decades of corporate marketing propaganda. They are the useful idiots of the ruling class. Keep them ignorant and provide them the minimum amount of sustenance through government programs and they will remain sedated. When the EBT cards stop working, these fools will start killing each other and burning down their neighborhoods. I’d be remiss if I did not mention that every ride and booth on the entire boardwalk was manned by a clean cut, non-tattooed, non-pierced white or Asian teenager. African American teenagers made up 40% of the clientele and 0% of the workers. I wonder why?

Avalon and I agreed that we’ve reached the tipping point and there really is no hope to change the system. It’s too late. There are more of them than us. Those in control of the system are reaping the benefits and they will not willingly change it. The people on the Wildwood boardwalk don’t even know there is a problem. They don’t want to think. They just want to feel good and do whatever gives them pleasure today. It’s all about them. Civic duty is an unknown concept. Once we made it back to our condo, we had only one choice to blot out the visions we had witnessed during the day – A NIGHT AT THE SHAMROCK !!!!

The doom portion of our story was complete. The humorous portion was about to begin.

First we drove over to the Anglesea Pub for some dinner. The place has been there since the early 1900’s and they serve good beach food. We stayed long enough to play a couple of rounds of Name That Tune, but we lost by a nose. Our team (Avalon’s in the Hizzle) lost because I couldn’t remember the artist who sang Play that Funky Music White Boy. Avalon is very competitive when it comes to games, and she wasn’t happy with me.

We got back to the condo at 10:00 pm and headed out on foot to the Shamrock, which is about five blocks away. We were delighted when we saw that Billy Jack was back. It was his first performance of the summer season and he was fired up. We were there for three and a half hours and he played for three of those hours. He knows half the crowd by name. He takes requests on the fly. He invites patrons up to play with him. The bar is a huge rectangle and Billy Jack stands in the middle playing his electrified acoustic guitar with a drum machine. He also plays the harmonica when needed. He always wears a Jack Daniels headband. The bartenders automatically duck when they pass him because they have been whacked in the head with his guitar on multiple occasions. The patrons bought him beers and shots all night long while he was playing. His versatility is fantastic. His solo versions of Stairway to Heaven and Freebird were spectacular. I think he was psyched because the place was as crowded as I had ever seen it. We had trouble finding a seat at the humungous bar.

The Shamrock had survived the three foot flood waters from Hurricane Sandy with no problem. When you haven’t done anything to improve the place in the last thirty years, it’s tough to distinguish between damage and its normal everyday appearance. They did make a major upgrade in the men’s bathroom, which consists of a room length trough and one stall. The management invested in one of those orange smelling mats for the bottom of the trough. Now when you piss into the trough a delightful smell wafts through room.

We settled onto our stools and began to soak in the Cheers like atmosphere, where everybody knows your name. We both noticed the frumpy middle aged depressed woman at the end of the bar. She clearly didn’t go out of her way trying to look good on her Saturday night out on the town.  We also noticed the middle aged horn dog with a red hat trying to hit on anything that was breathing. He sat down next to me while attempting to woo the three married forty something ladies on a girls’ weekend. They shunned his advances. I told Avalon he should wait until 2:00 am and then make his move on Miss Frumpy. He decided to make his move at midnight. He appeared to be making progress. She was answering his questions and may have even cracked a smile. Then she pulled out her iPhone and began texting. Within two minutes he was sitting in the stool next to Avalon. He had been shot down by the ugliest chick in the bar. I was embarrassed for him. Then I saw Avalon turn and strike up a conversation with him. She was a little tipsy and I was worried. She told him we were rooting for him. He told her the lady said she wanted to be left alone. He laughed and left the bar a few minutes later in shame.

There was a clearly intoxicated chick directly across the bar. She had been dancing by herself and with anyone who walked by. She was guzzling her beer. She sat on her stool and seemed to be fading fast. She then proceeded to put her bare feet up on the bar. I turned to tell Avalon about this display of class and when I looked back over she was gone. She had flipped backwards onto her head. People were scrambling to pick her up. About thirty minutes later it appeared her brother or some other relative arrived to try and take her home. She was having none of it. He tried to make her leave and she started swinging at him and the bouncer had to intervene. She eventually left after having a couple glasses of water.

Then Avalon’s bathroom adventures began. She headed to the can and as she rounded the end of the bar she slipped on something and almost fell on her ass. When she came back out she realized it was puke on the floor that she had slipped in. The Shamrock is the kind of bar where you do some shots, turn around and throw up without getting off your stool, and then order another shot. And the other patrons don’t blink an eye or request a cleanup. This wasn’t even her most eventful trip to the bathroom. On the next trip she walked into the bathroom while a black girl was shuffling across the room with her pants around her ankles. Her stall didn’t have any toilet paper and there was no one to ask if they could spare a square. She took matters into her own hands and made the mad shuffle across the room, only to be caught by Avalon.

We needed this comic relief and alcohol after witnessing eyeball burning sights earlier in the day. We’ve crossed the Rubicon. There is no going back. The American people have made the choice to remain willfully ignorant. They will eventually pay a high price for this choice. The bad news is that we’ve passed the point of no return. For those of us who can see what is coming, there is a choice. We can be consumed by doom or we can just prepare as well as we can and find some enjoyment and humor in the times we have left. We all need a night at the Shamrock once in awhile.

1. Persnickety says:

“Avalon and I agreed that we’ve reached the tipping point and there really is no hope to change the system. It’s too late. There are more of them than us. ”

Mob democracy is destructive and brings rule by the stupid and conniving. It starts with good intentions and ends in horrible evil. This has been shown before, and is being demonstrated clearly now in the USA.

Mob democracy must go. Mob democracy must go.

3rd June 2013 at 11:04 pm

2. marissa says:

So you’re saying you don’t like deep fried oreos? ;-)

3rd June 2013 at 11:11 pm

3. KaD says:

“For those of us who can see what is coming, there is a choice. We can be consumed by doom or we can just prepare as well as we can and find some enjoyment and humor in the times we have left”

Well said. And enjoy the time you have with family and friends.

3rd June 2013 at 11:30 pm

4. Gubmint Cheese says:

Admin;
    Makes you wonder why you keep your beach place. Nostalgia and being underwater on the value? Or a masochist?
    You can probably use yours as much as I use mine In Dela-where. Sucks to have to work for a living.
    My kids complain about always going to the same place and me having to work on it or the boat.
    Spoiled brats…
    I’m about done with mine. My idea of a vacation isn’t coming down, fixing everyone elses fuckups and stupidity on what little vacation I have after working almost 30 years. And I’m talking about my relatives.
    BTW I know where Bidens beach place is if you want to try to camp out with the crazy uncle.

3rd June 2013 at 11:42 pm

One of the best, if not THE best, doom and gloom article ever.

Why? Because it crushes ALL HOPE for a better Amerika. Well, done, sir.

3rd June 2013 at 11:58 pm

“We also noticed the middle aged horn dog with a red hat trying to hit on anything that was breathing. He sat down next to me while attempting to woe the three married forty something ladies on a girls’ weekend. They shunned his advances. I told Avalon he should wait until 2:00 am and then make his move on Miss Frumpy.” ——- Admin

No, no, no. Going ugly late is a sign of desperation.

For guys …. the trick is …… GO UGLY EARLY. You see, women are very very competitive and catty. It’s a fact. You’re wasting your time hitting on a good looking girl early. She can get anyone she wants, anytime she wants, and it probably ain’t you. She knows this, and revels in your pathetic attempt to get in her pants. But if you hit on an ugly girl …. this really pisses her off!! Why is someone ELSE getting the attention? Why her, and not ME!! Then later on in the evening, you casually saunter over there and ask her if she wants a drink … but you gotta act like you don’t give a flying fuck about it. I’m telling you, nine times out of ten, she’ll be all over you like stink on shit. Then make sure you tell her you love cats. Getting lucky is all about psychology. Of course, if you fuck it up, you can always Go Ugly at 2AM.

4th June 2013 at 12:09 am

7. bb says:

Civic duty is unknown to them,hell there’s people on this site that will not vote .Then piss and moan about how bad the government has gotten…..FLASH!!!!

4th June 2013 at 12:32 am

8. FBS says:

every time I go to see my chinese doctor, she asks me if I am depressed or troubled. I say no. it is a standard question. i’m not troubled, I was for a while when I suspected something was not right in the world, now i know what it is and having gotten a picture makes me secure that I am not alone.
    reminds me of those POWs tapping out a word, trying to establish a link with other people who could share the crappy situation. misery loves company, it’s true, because sharing knowledge takes power away from the unknown.

4th June 2013 at 12:50 am

9. FBS says:

stuck I could been your wing man, I was a veritable ugly chick magnet. and fat magnet. it’s my hispanic upbringing, summarized in this byword from my buddy ricardo: one has to be evenhanded with all women, pretty or ugly.

4th June 2013 at 12:57 am

Worse than Walmart

Sell Jim sell.

4th June 2013 at 1:29 am

or guys …. the trick is …… GO UGLY EARLY -stucky

Moobs are a good thing? I just lost them FFS

4th June 2013 at 1:34 am

12. TheCynic says:

Indeed there is more of “them” than anyone else. Demographically and politically it cannot be fought. Our cities and politicians dote on these fattened parasites partly out of fear that they will burn down the cities and partly for their votes so the elite may stay in power and continue to steal from the public.

Still they are sitting a on time bomb that will one day go off. Most choose to look the other way just like the self-indulgent parasites they run herd on.

The politicians and cultural observers who see the horror of what has been created since LBJ unleashed the “Great Society” programs and the 1965 immigration act on us, are terrified to speak out lest they be labeled Nazis and every other epithet imaginable and watch their careers circle the drain pipe. In fact there are entire institutions devoted to silencing people who speak out on this, like ADL, SPLC, La Raza, ACLU, etc. They are our STASI.

Like the skit in a early Monty Python movie where some travelers come upon a island whose inhabitants are in denial that it’s sinking and expressly forbids anyone to say that it is. That is the state of discourse here in the U.S. and Europe.

Muslim hordes burn down parts of Stockholm and no one dares utter the ethnicity and religion of the perpetrators. A soldier is beheaded on a public street in London and the government goes out of it’s way to protect those who promote such actions. Parts of Paris and London are avoided by those of European descent lest they be raped and robbed. Here in the states it uncommon for the news media or police to state the ethnicity of the criminals.

Truth and intellectual honesty are not welcomed anymore. They have been cast out in favor of delusion and mass stupidity.

4th June 2013 at 2:26 am

sensetti

There are 87 million Millennials. I was hoping the Arkansas millennials were going to save us all, but you’ve squashed my hopes.

The only hope at this point is that after the collapse, there are 5% or 10% of the population that step up and do the right thing. It’s certainly not a high probability bet.

I said that I try to balance my despair with some hope, but my hope is fading.

I have three millennials that are nothing like these clueless morons. They are my hope.

4th June 2013 at 6:25 am

14. sensetti says:

I might add,

There are some fine outstanding young folks out there, they have their work cut out.

Necessity will require that they thin the heard.

4th June 2013 at 6:37 am

15. sensetti says:

My youngest daughter just graduated from high school with Honors (summa cum laude) she was awarded an academic scholarship ( full ride ).

I Hope for a better tomorrow while preparing for the worst

Thanks for the article Admin, I enjoy reading about your adventures.

4th June 2013 at 6:53 am

16. Nonanonymous says:

I thought it was KC and the Sunshine Band, but it was Wild Cherry. Can’t win them all.

4th June 2013 at 7:07 am

17. card802 says:

Great article admin, I also believe there is still hope for the future. This is going to take time though, and pain, both my millennials can see the faults of most of the youth and pandering politicians today, but they also understand they are outnumbered.

As you said, all we can do is prepare the best we can, help our children and their children prepare and then have a little fun. Living in dread is not living.

4th June 2013 at 7:41 am

18. Persnickety says:

“Half her class received some type of honor, so anecdotal evidence would suggest half the young folks have their act together. ”

Was this a private school with a great student body, or a public school? If the latter you can be sure that many of those “honors” were made up for self-esteem and/or discipline purposes.

Comparison – I attended a public high school that generally ranked around #5 in my very populous state. Less than 20% of the graduating class received any sort of honors. Probably 95% of the graduating class went to college, and I’ll bet more than half finished college within six years (sadly, a good number these days, and then).

4th June 2013 at 9:08 am

19. Persnickety says:

“Indeed there is more of “them” than anyone else. Demographically and politically it cannot be fought.”

Too fucking fatalistic. You might as well join them if you think this is how it is. The problem cannot be fixed within the framework of the system that created it. There must be a new or heavily revised framework. Mob democracies like what we have today invariably go evil, go to excess, and fail. Stable and enduring governments that promote prosperity are historically those that balance the interests of the wealthy and middle class, and frankly don’t do much for the interests of the lower class. If that sounds evil, it’s because you’ve been brought up to think of that as evil, and instead to believe in taxing and regulating the middle class into oblivion, while quietly letting the rich do whatever they want. That’s a recipe for failure. This game has been played before.

4th June 2013 at 9:14 am

20. T4C says:

I’ve got some (more) bad news.

Baby boomers are killing themselves at an alarming rate, raising question: Why?

4th June 2013 at 9:34 am

21. John A says:

Excellent and insightful comment thread. America 2013: welcome to the freak show.

id4brentspiner1_zps7fbc349a.gif

18324_512x288_manicured__tElGVPcpG0yxVqbobbYGGw1_zpsb7716761.jpg

4th June 2013 at 9:37 am

22. Maddie's Mom says:

I think it will be a very long time before the EBT cards stop working.

The gov will destroy the rest of us first.

4th June 2013 at 10:08 am

A weekend in Wildwood NJ would drain the optimism from Winnie the Pooh. -admin

Classic. =)

BTW ignorance isnt a genetical thing, it is a choice.

4th June 2013 at 10:21 am

24. Boosh! says:

I’ve got some more bad news, the future will be a mix of these movies:

Idiocracy (this guy is a doctor in the future): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkPGlVqqEP0

Children of Men: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uizT6aOA7Is

V for Vendetta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGNFmugLS4

Major cities are doomed.

4th June 2013 at 10:48 am

25. Floribunda Rose says:

@Admin – Enjoyed your essay. Some parts were so funny, but in all seriousness you made some awesome astute observations and conclusions. It’s scary out there.

Here in NE Florida where I am, we’ve recently had a Gang Related Memorial Day Brawl down at Jax Beach. The story went viral so you all may have heard. A Jax Beach City council meeting was packed last night with demands for more protection. They are trying to get everything under control for the upcoming July 4th. They can’t afford another repeat.

I’ll be watching the fireworks in the comfort of my own home, on TV.

4th June 2013 at 11:02 am

26. FBS says:

sensetti says:

“Here in my fine state I would say 50% of the under 30 crowd has a visable tat. They are going to look like hell in 30 years. Tattoos widen and fade with time.”

when i consider that those fine girls i recall from high school are grannies now, what difference does it make whether they got tats? we all look like hell after thirty years – tats or no tats, (calamity could tell you what your wife won’t, you look like you’ve been through the wringer.)
    dang, sensetti, didn’t you ever hear the phrase, hit it and quit it?

4th June 2013 at 11:08 am

“If the welfare state was not supporting those who are not truly in need of assistance, they would be forced to work and wouldn’t have the time to deform their bodies, become obese, or buy $300 Air Jordans”

Hilarious. People that work for a living can only sit by and spectate at the 100 million people that don’t have to work and are reproducing like cockroaches. Just stop and think about that, if your brain works well enough; can you even imagine 100 million people? It’s more than the entire population of Germany. All on welfare, all having babies as fast as they can to get more welfare money, all costing more than $1 trillion a year. They all LOVE Obama, he’s increased welfare spending by 45% since taking office. Can you even imagine how much is $17 trillion, the amount we’ve spent on welfare since it’s inception?

It’s the “in” thing for welfare moms to get the names of their welfare babies tattooed on their necks. Nothing says “I don’t need to get a job or make a living” like a tattoo on your neck. If it’s this bad now, just imagine what it will be like in 5 or 10 years, when 150 million people are on welfare, then 200 million. That’s called exponential growth, and that is what’s happening right now. And educated kids, more than 3 million, are living in their parents basements because they can’t even afford housing. They won’t be reproducing. In 10 years our country will have an average I.Q. of 50, 90% of people will be unemployable, and they will weigh an average of 300lbs.

I went to my daughter’s softball game last night. It was also a horror show. I’m not exaggerating when I say 85% of the people there, including parents, coaches, kids, were morbidly obese. There was a 500lb welfare mom pushing a stroller, barely able to walk and she looked to be about 16, with her 400lb baby daddy in tow. There’s no shame in being covered in tattoos and weighing 400lbs. Thank God my kids aren’t obese. It’s a freak show in this country anymore. It’s a horror show every time you go out in public. I just wonder where it’s all going to end.

4th June 2013 at 12:01 pm

28. Eddie says:

It doesn’t really surprise me that we (hardworking Americans) are now a minority, surrounded by a sea of mindless, useless morons.

What I have a hard time with is…why do we willingly go along with being robbed in order to support those people? And how long exactly can that go on before no one is willing to do it anymore?

4th June 2013 at 12:10 pm

29. Maddie's Mom says:

AWD wrote
    ” It’s a horror show every time you go out in public.”

So I mostly don’t.

4th June 2013 at 12:19 pm

I don’t go out in public much unless I’m with my children. It blows my mind, because they’ve already been programmed with political correctness, and they’re only 7 & 9. They’ll catch me staring at a 450lb tattoo covered freak of nature, and they’ll punch me. It’s not politically correct to stare at what hell hath wrought. They’ve been taught by somebody (not me) to look the other way and ignore anything and everything. Until somebody tells these people it’s not okay, the freak show will continue unabated. Like I said, where is it all going to end?

4th June 2013 at 12:41 pm

31. Mike-formerly from Altoona says:

Oh shit! 100 million worthless shitbags ready to explode? I only have 12,000 rounds of various calibers. I better get busy working harder to earn more.
    Like others here, I have two offspring that I nagged “work hard now in school and your jobs and you won’t have to work hard all your life”, and they turned out fairly well. One is a people loving Type A that works hard, The other is smart, but has been, thanks to her husband, slowly drifting to the NPR brainwashing farm. They are a small minority for sure, and like Admin, I hold out hope they and their ilk, low in numbers that they are, will keep it going and turn it around. In the meantime, I keep doing the things I think I need to do to keep the hoards at bay, and survive if and when. As “they” say, prepare for the worst and hope for a giant turnaround in Amreican attitiude and culture. (HA!)

4th June 2013 at 1:22 pm

32. FBS says:

AWD says:

“It’s the “in” thing for welfare moms to get the names of their welfare babies tattooed on their necks.”

the young stripper had a beautiful tattoo of a sacred heart on her back, then she also had a date on the nape of her neck. i asked her about that and she said it was her child’s birthday. this was not a welfare mom, she was working.

4th June 2013 at 1:28 pm

33. Bob says:

It’s not going to end, AWD. There will be a revulsion reaction to such excesses, and the pendulum will swing back during an extended period of upheaval. Life will go on, and we are nowhere near the end of the world — just the end of our current excesses. I just hope we don’t swing too far toward the excesses that prevailed in Nazi Germany…

4th June 2013 at 1:39 pm

34. ANU News.net I’ve Got Some Bad News says:

[...] We’ve crossed the Rubicon. There is no going back. The American people have made the choice to remain willfully ignorant. They will eventually pay a high price for this choice. The bad news is that we’ve passed the point of no return. For those of us who can see what is coming, there is a choice. We can be consumed by doom or we can just prepare as well as we can and find some enjoyment and humor in the times we have left. http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=55302 [...]

4th June 2013 at 4:56 pm

35. Avalon says:

Just got home from work and after reading this thread I am reminded of how mad I am that we lost the Name That Tune contest. Did anyone here know the band was Wild Cherry, without googling?

A few weeks ago we also lost because we couldn’t name the band that sings “Buttercup”. Anyone know the answer without googling?

4th June 2013 at 6:08 pm

My guess was “The Average White Band” which was WRONG.

That was a tough question. Give the admin a break. That was a one-hit wonder band.

Wild+Cherry++Wild+Cherry+1976+Portada+disco.jpg

4th June 2013 at 6:13 pm

37. MuckAbout says:

@Admin: A balance between hope and despair? Haw! Haw! Haw!

There are literally millions of wonderful, intelligent friendly people surrounding all of us – but they are drowned completely out by the “Wonderful People of Wildwood” and their surrogates.

My sweetie had cataract surgery this morning and I had a delightful two hour conversation with two (one male/one female) “drivers” (whose spouses were getting surgery as well), which made the wait an absolute delight. Instead of two hours, it felt more like 15 minutes.

I’d love either one a neighbor.

Sadly, I suspect the good ones are slowly being overcome by the assholes, especially as we age and they stay children into their 30’s.

Doom? Time will bring it on..

MA

4th June 2013 at 6:15 pm

38. Avalon says:

AWD, I don’t really blame Jim, he usually answers most of the trivia questions whenever we play.

4th June 2013 at 6:22 pm

39. Ron says:

Ive asked the female critters with names tattooed on them, if its so they can remember they’re kids names or the daddy’s?

4th June 2013 at 6:46 pm

40. sensetti says:

AWD watch this, thank me later.

4th June 2013 at 6:54 pm

Thanks so much (it’s later). Michael Moore is your typical fat POS liberal. “one twinkle away from a body bag” That’s hilarious. A real role model for modern America.

I can only guess they do it for the attention

attachment.php?attachmentid=1550&d=1338901637

I’d like to get Avalon’s take on the walking Wildwood freak show

4th June 2013 at 7:07 pm

I don’t know about where you live, be we got “Juggalos” down in S. Illinois. In fact, they have their annual pow-wow here every year. I try to avoid working in the ER that week. There’s plenty of meth, weed and booze. They like to give each other tattoos (which get infected), and slash words and symbols into their skin with pocket knives. Insane clown posse; only in the USSA.

Juggalos.jpg?t=1245700703
    WTF6.jpg

4th June 2013 at 7:13 pm

“I’VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS”
    —-headline to Admin’s article

So do I. I couldn’t find anything to disagree with. What an asshole.

4th June 2013 at 8:17 pm

44. sensetti says:

@AWD

You have juggalos in So Illinois, three hours SW of you where I live, we have hillbilly rednecks, they will damn near say or do anything.

37f66b6e95afde27207589853d59f3bd.jpg

4th June 2013 at 8:51 pm

45. FBS says:

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHGGGGGGGHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHG
    fucking, sensetti, my ED just became permanent.

4th June 2013 at 9:40 pm

46. SAH says:

This article just reminded me why I prefer drinking small batch bourbon at home, listening to Vivaldi and talking shit on TBP, over ever drinking in a bar or public setting.

@Muck – I hope you are taking good care of yourself and feeling well. My heart always swells with happiness to see that cute pig-in-boots avatar in the comments.

4th June 2013 at 9:50 pm

47. Bullock says:

Another great and truthful article. I have became a homebody the past several years because I hate being around useless people. But that is not such a bad thing as I spend my hours reading. Arms of Krupp is my latest read. Seems like man has always been a screwed up specie. And I am sure of one thing. History does repeat it’s self and we are truly fucked.

But one good thing is the price of ammo is coming down. 7.62×39 is down to .27 a round. Looks like I just might start putting some holes in paper again. You MUST stay proficient with your weapons or they are completely useless to you in a time of panic.

I would of saved the day on Play that Funky Music White Boy, as I sing that song all the time when I am around my underground utility crew. What better song to sing when you have a bunch of Mexicans down in a hole doing the work that the lazy American won’t do. They just look at me and laugh.

4th June 2013 at 10:17 pm

“History does repeat it’s self …. ”
    —-Bullock

Itself.

“I would of saved the day …. ”
    —-Bullock

I would HAVE saved the day …..

Your pal,
    SSS
    TBP’s Official Pain in the Ass

4th June 2013 at 10:27 pm

49. A summer place says:

I grew up during my summers on the Jersey shore. I can see now. I took it all for granted. I assumed that I would make the kind of money to do the same thing..

I realized about 20 years ago, that the Jersey shore is not the same place I had the grace to grow up in.

Too many rich people, too many poor people. A woefully absence of descent people.

It was a dream my grandfather had and he made it come true for his grandchildren. For a little while. I will be forever in his debt.

Admin. I wish you the best, but you should sell high…

That dream on the Jersey shore is gone for me now. I have left the East Coast in search of the same dream for my grandkids…

For a little while…

4th June 2013 at 10:39 pm

50. Bullock's Amanuensis says:

I am not a ‘girl’ I am a 39 year old black woman and I seriously need to find a lawyer who will defend me against this Neanderthal Bullock. Not only has he asked me to make “black” coffee, he calls me “brown sugar” and I have caught him eyeing my ample bosom on more than one occasion. I resorted to writing in to TBP because, well, I write his posts for him so I know what he does and I know about that redhead he sees on Thursday nights. I hope his wife reads TBP.

5th June 2013 at 12:30 am

51. Stan says:

Administrator
    This is a great piece, one of your best. Well written and very interesting. I read it twice and gave it to my wife. I am gonna send it to my two grown kids in Ca. I would give it to my 15 year old step daughter but she is basically one of them.

Administrator you have a way with words. Not like Kunstler who uses big words and phrases to Impress upon his readers his ‘ great knowledge ‘ but to communicate truth and to get your point across. In that you do a great job and your stuff is both fun and easy to read. That’s why I always look to see the author of the post. If it says ‘administrator ‘ I know it’s worth reading.

So this is what we have become? How far down the sump hole have we fallen? Is there any hope left? Will we change course and right the ship? Hell NO!! We are doomed. Doomed to a painful reset of Biblical magnitude It will hurt like hell and many people will not survive.

It is too late folks. It has to be. Read administrators post again.
    It is fucked up and bullshit!

5th June 2013 at 6:33 am

Wow. You don’t know what the fuck you even want to say. Did you go to a government run public school?

What world are you living in? A coherent thought would be helpful if you want anyone to take you seriously.

I really should require an IQ test before allowing the ignorant masses to comment. I wasted three minutes of my life reading your nonsensical drivel.

5th June 2013 at 11:58 am

“Guest” showing up to hire people

crazy_tattooing_extremists-48.jpg

“Guest” and his woman

polls_tattoo_freaks_5731_196735_poll_xlarge.jpeg

The CEO of “Guest’s” company

tatoo3.jpg

5th June 2013 at 12:10 pm

” …. if you were living here in Canada where I live …” —— Guest

We need to take over Canada. With people like this “Guest” character, we could probably do it in 3 or 4 days. The only downside being that there would be a lot more Obama voters.

5th June 2013 at 12:12 pm

Are all Canadians as clueless and pea brained as Guest?

The mind of a liberal socialist is an awful thing to witness in action.

5th June 2013 at 12:19 pm

I genuinely like Canadians. Have had many Canadian friends. Nice people, really.

EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO POLITICS.

Admin hits the nail on the head with his last sentence above.

5th June 2013 at 12:22 pm

57. FBS says:

Guest says:

“Judge people on their actions (and perhaps their words), not how they look or when they were born.”

most newbies start out reading TBP, after a few weeks they decide to submit a rant like this, run out of ideas, begin to nitpick about typos and grammar, then kill themselves so they are never heard from again.

5th June 2013 at 12:25 pm

58. napari says:

Canada became socialized due to seasonal work because of long winter short summer.

The people quickly figured out how to game the system for free stuff.

Presto chango from self subsisting to government dependents.

5th June 2013 at 12:40 pm

59. Bullock says:

Thanks “guest” for taking the heat off me and my shitty grammar. Give yourself a few more years, drop the liberal crap, and just sit back and pay attention. One day it will all become real clear just what the hell is really going on.

Tattoos were great back then but we have evolved somewhat. And if you think someone does not look very strange covered in tattoos then you just might be part of the club. Because there was a time not long ago when only bikers had tattoos. And if you don’t know anything about the biker lifestyle read up on it. Not actually model citizens.

5th June 2013 at 12:53 pm

60. aquapura says:

5th June 2013 at 1:05 pm

61. Maddie's Mom says:

Nose rings are for:

39628097_9e88fa522f.jpg

5th June 2013 at 1:11 pm

62. BOOSH! says:

I just saw that Wild Cherry Cover…..is that the band? Or photos of the most wanted child molesters from the 70’s?

5th June 2013 at 9:13 pm

63. Leobeer says:

BOOSH! That wasn’t the original cover. This was.

wildcherry.jpg

5th June 2013 at 9:55 pm

64. Joe Sawyer says:

Perhaps your world is more sheltered than even you realize. It’s not just the “low class” with the tattoos, piercings, sloppy dress, ill-mannered behavior but it has percolated up. In my daily work I deal with professionals who are getting credentialed for their field. We’re speaking doctors, dentists, pharmacists, nurses, stockbrokers, insurance agents, appraisers, accountatns, teachers, lawyers, human resources (the most appalling because they recruit and hire) people and too many more to list. You get the drift…the number of these “professionals” with sloppy “butt crack” attire, tattoos, anti-social behavior, et al has been steadily increasing for a few years now. I’m a boomer, not necessarily proud of it because we raised these morons and pushed them through college and my thoughts keep rolling to: “these are the idiots who are going to take care of us with healthcare and financial issues as we age”?

6th June 2013 at 9:32 am

65. Not P.C. says:

Here’s another gem of a story, previewing our glorious future:

6th June 2013 at 11:02 am

66. Guest81 says:

@ Administrator – “I judge people by their actions you dumbass. Their actions are to mutilate their bodies, believe what the boob tube tells them, spend money they don’t have, and sit on their fat asses and hope someone else pays their bills.”

Up here in Canada, where we’re forced to go to government ran public schools, I unfortunately encounter these exact same people – the only problem is that not all of them have highly-exposed tattoos and/or piercings. Some of them are even white and very normal looking. Makes it harder to lump them into a group, that’s for sure.

@ Stucky – “We need to take over Canada. With people like this “Guest” character, we could probably do it in 3 or 4 days.”

Actually, I’m one of the few people I know of up here in Canada who recognizes that people should have access to and know how to responsibly use firearms. That extends to defending one’s liberty, property and freedom.

But generally most people you’d encounter here would be liberal douchebags who think guns are evil and anyone who has access to them will obviously walk into a school and shoot a bunch of kids in the face.

Given the high percentage of liberal douchebags here, I’m pretty sure you could steamroll them quickly and take over Canada without much of a fuss. Be careful of Alberta though – less liberals and more farm boys out that way.

@ Administrator – “He goes into a frenzy because I’ve judged people who have mutilated their bodies and have relegated themselves to low paying jobs for the rest of their lives. And then he judges me for going to a bar and having a few beers. He probably doesn’t even see his own hypocrisy because of his 75 IQ.”

I don’t judge you for having a beer – I love beer.

I judge you because you slander an entire group of individuals who are doing something human beings have done since prehistoric times as a sign of social cohesion (i.e. tattoos), would refuse to hire them just because they have a tattoo regardless of how good/bad workers they are. It seemed like you were giving up on Millennials and lumping them in all together as a waste of space.

If we’re going to judge generational cohorts, I say the Baby Boomers are by far the worst – they’ve had everything handed to them on a silver spoon and they’ve squandered that wealth. Baby Boomers should be our role models and setting a good example, and instead they are getting hammered in bars, puking all over the floors, pigging out at all-you-can-eat restaurants and consuming far more than they ever needed in the first place, as well as putting out as many Viagra commercials and action movies featuring 60+ year old men fighting off terrorism (a shame, considering how great the original Die Hard was).

Gen-X’ers, which includes myself, are almost just as bad in that they’ve continued to prop up our governments/corporations by becoming the middle management/workers to these morally bankrupt organizations just to try to get a taste of what the Baby Boomers have (i.e. unaffordable houses, unpayable pension plans, etc.) rather than saying “enough bloated government & corporate exploitation” and taking a stand even though it would cost them everything.

I’ll take a low paying job any day as long as I’m not supporting an organization that wire taps its people, extracts money from the people in the form of taxation at gunpoint, starts wars with any country that has something valuable, devalues its currency with abandon, or sends real jobs (i.e. manufacturing) overseas just to make an extra buck at the cost of a hard working person’s livelihood.

Besides, do you really want young people to fall in line and take up jobs like good little drones?
    Or do you want them to wake up to the abuses of freedoms by big government and corporate interests and revolt against it? If the cost of revolt is a few tattoos and piercings, it seems like a small price to pay to me.

@ AWD – “Canada is even more of a socialist nation than the U.S.”

We absolutely are. Lots of people here in Canada are in for a big surprise when they realize they’ve been living in La-la Land for decades.

That being said, the US health care system is ridiculous and has been taken over by pharmaceutical and insurance cartels. You would know better than I, but I suspect people in the US without health insurance are pretty f*cked if anything goes wrong.

One can only hope there is a balance somewhere between the Canadian and US model where people can pay for decent health care (not get it for free), while at the same time not be beholden to the gigantic profit margins of pharmaceutical/insurance companies.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure I understand what you feel is wrong with diversity/mutliculturalism? If a person is a stand-up guy, values liberty and freedom, would lay down his life in the lie of duty for a just war…. would you really care if he’s Black/Asian/Indian/etc.?

@ FBS – “most newbies start out reading TBP, after a few weeks they decide to submit a rant like this…”

I’ve been reading for about 2-3 years, just never bothered to comment.

90% – 95% of the material that gets posted on TBP I enjoy and agree with for the most part. I love Jim Quinn’s works on the Fourth Turning and wish more people in the blogosphere would reference that book, as it is an exceptional piece of work.

But what can I say? Occasionally I come across an article on here that just seems blatantly racist/bigoted and throws an entire group of people under the bus unfairly/undeservedly. Would hope that if you came across something you disagreed with on here (my comments?), you wouldn’t hesitate to voice your objections to them either.

@ Bullock – “Tattoos were great back then but we have evolved somewhat. And if you think someone does not look very strange covered in tattoos then you just might be part of the club.”

Have we evolved?

Sure we have better technology, but I suspect we’re not much different than those people of the Roman/French/Russian empires of their day. Bread & Circuses have been replaced with replaced with Food Stamps & Reality Television, but it’s really not so different when you think about it.

I don’t know if you read The Archdruid Report, but check out his post today:

Oswald Spengler sounds pretty astute in finding similarities between empires over the years – not unlike the similarities one could probably identify between Strauss & Howe’s Profit, Nomad, Hero and Artist archetypes as they repeat themselves over time.

And to be fair, I never said that people with tattoos all over their faces don’t seem strange/weird to me – they absolutely do! I just said I wouldn’t instantly judge them, deny them a job, or assume they’re lazy wastes of space before I took a moment to get to know them.

If the Administrator continues to allow my (long) comments to post, I suspect I’ll be soaking up some of the abuse you take here for awhile. Enjoy!

@ aquapura – “Canada’s #1 export is a pompous attitude of superiority. Not surprised at all with Guest’s comments. I work with Canadians and quite frankly could say more than a few things about their work ethic and entitlement mentality….”

I agree that Canadians are very pompous right now – many of the people I know here think the good times will never end and we’ll be pumping out tar sand oils forever. This is insanity, but try as I might I cannot get through to them.

But I’m sure there’s a lot of pompous Americans out there who think the government is never wrong, all the US wars are justified, and everything their favourite Democrat/Republican candidate says is gospel. I suspect you try to get through to them too, with little success?

I can’t say I work with many Americans, but I was pretty shocked by some of the Americans I met while traveling through Asia. They were mostly young, born-again Christians from Georgia / Texas / New Mexico / Louisiana who were very open minded about the world and its people (which makes sense, considering they all went overseas to study Chinese).

Anyone who was expecting a loudmouth @sshole American would have been shocked after meeting these young people… and the only downside was that, being born-again Christians, it made me feel pretty awkward having more than one beer around them as none of them drank (but that was my problem, not theirs).

Anyways, sorry you have to work with pompous/arrogant Canadians. I’m sure there are good Canadians out there too, just as there are obviously good Americans.

@ Joe Sawyer – “these are the idiots who are going to take care of us with healthcare and financial issues as we age?”

I’m not sure how the Millennials will take care of your generation – they’re going to be bankrupt, without jobs, and probably hating your generation for leaving them with so much debt and so many environmental issues.

Also, consider what the Millennials may be thinking of the Boomers – “these are the idiots we’re supposed to look up to?”.

That being said, if there is any truth to Fourth Turning predictions, the Boomers (Prophets) will be the group from which a “Gray Champion” will emerge to give moral direction and guide the actions of the generations that precede them. I really thought that might be Ron Paul, though I don’t know… maybe the opportunity to successfully meet the challenge of our Fourth Turning was lost in the last election…

@ everyone:

I’ll post as “Guest81″ from now on so you can continue to remind me what a pompous, socialist piece of sh*t I am. Wouldn’t want you to pick on other guests who decide to comment here.

Cheers.

6th June 2013 at 6:46 pm

67. FBS says:

“@ FBS – Would hope that if you came across something you disagreed with on here (my comments?), you wouldn’t hesitate to voice your objections to them either.”

i’m speechless. dang newbie read everyone their rights. (me and JohnA are pussycats but don’t mess with anyone else, it can get messy for you)

6th June 2013 at 7:28 pm

Wow.

Guest aka Guest81 fires back at EVERYONE who took a shot at him.

A warm TBP welcome to our Canadian brother. Keep on truckin’.

6th June 2013 at 9:12 pm

69. Novista says:

Guest81
    Nice melee return fire!

I’m a Silent who has more affinity with Millennials, seeing potential, and cognizant of the bad deal they were born into: from the Baby on Board shift to overprotectionism, bad advice from parents for the 20th century myth that no longer exists, Political Correctness gone wild, and indoctrination in government schools. And yeah, some similarities for Xers.

Every time somebody posts a picture of a Millennial fool, I wonder if they have ever noticed some of the remarkable things high schoolers have done in science fairs, and so on. Sometimes I post links to such, no one ever comments. So it goes.

I think the film American Graffiti captures the youth of that era so well — and maybe some people just don’t remember their own ‘silly season’ before they became Serious and mature …

Anyway, re Canadians, some good talent coming along, thanks to satellite tv for me — Tanya Allen, Sarah Strange, Maxim Roy, A.J. Cook Kristin Kreuk, Nathan Fillion, others.

6th June 2013 at 11:27 pm

70. TangoUniform says:

She took the RED pill. Now, to find 20 Million more like her.

7th June 2013 at 10:07 am

Guest81.

Wow. Almost missed that nice rant. Much to agree with there. Let me briefly state points of disagreement;

———————— –

“So is body modification a prerequisite to being jobless, lazy, and expecting other people to pay their way?”

First, I don’t see any connection with tats and laziness or “expecting other people to pay their way”. Like most of us here, I have known lots and lots of folks with tats. White collar, blue collar, no collar … some are lazy, some not, and everything in between. No correlation.

But, jobless? It depends. Fact is – most white collar professional jobs are unattainable IF the tats are VISIBLE. On the other hand there are plenty of jobs where visible tats make no difference; cops, firemen, construction workers, music industry, self employed … the list is quite long. Thats that are not visible? Don’t see how that’s a problem under any circumstance.

———————— –

“I judge you because you slander an entire group of individuals …. It seemed like you were giving up on Millennials and lumping them in all together as a waste of space.”

Are you sure you’ve been reading here for years? Admin is not a hard core Boomer Basher, but he certainly has a good amount of criticism of us. He is much more pro-Millennial and consistently places hope in them, despite the shitpie they’ve been handed.

———————— –

“I say the Baby Boomers are by far the worst – they’ve had everything handed to them on a silver spoon and they’ve squandered that wealth.”

I’m a Boomer. I collected unemployment once for a couple of months. Other than that, not a fucking dime. Silver spoon my fat ass.

———————— –

“Unfortunately, I’m not sure I understand what you feel is wrong with diversity/mutliculturalism?”

How about …. IT JUST DOESN’T WORK IN THE LONG TERM. See Sweden as the latest example. Sure, it’s just grand on an individual level; I like Joos, Mooslims, Chinks, Kikes, Spics, Dagos, and every other human that ever lived in Amurrica. But on a national level? Never worked ANYWHERE. Check your history.

7th June 2013 at 10:38 am

72. Guest81 says:

@ Stucky,

Re: Diversity/multiculturalism:
    Well, arguably nothing lasts forever – even the sun will supernova at some point in the far, far future.

But to your point, I don’t think the problems Sweden is having occurred JUST because are people of different race/culture living there. High taxes, complex laws, dwindling energy resources, etc. – these all put pressures on a society, and the pressures build up a social fracture becomes inevitable.

In Sweden’s case it looks like that fracture will take the form of a cultural divide, but in some places where multiculturalism is more ingrained within society (i.e. interracial marriage and interracial community living), I could see the social fracture forming over the wealth divide (i.e. rich vs. poor, regardless of race) before that of race/colour. In other places throughout the world, religion seems to be the social fracture that is driving violence/conflict to such extremes.

———————— –

Re: Baby Boomers,

By virtue of when they were born Boomers dodged two World Wars, benefited from the energy gains of both oil and nuclear energy (with the devastating environmental effects really only being witnessed now), and enjoyed the boom of Western economies (meaning more jobs & money) courtesy of the biggest run up in public debts the world has ever known (debts, by the way, that will be paid off by Gen-X, Millennials, and beyond… assuming they can even ever be paid back).

Further more, Boomers enjoyed the longest period of sustained growth within the stock markets, with some of the shortest crashes before recoveries occurred (i.e. time is money, especially when you’re talking compound interest).

Contrast this to Gen-X, many of whom just started getting into their careers right when the stock market sh*t the bed in ’07/’08. This is important to consider, as the longer you have money growing in a compound interest system the more it will worth in the long run. Thus the hits the Boomers took when the markets crashed look bad as they probably lost the most in dollar terms, but the early hit Gen-X took in the markets practically wiped them out and now means they will never, ever be able to amass the wealth Boomers have accumulated by the time they retire.

Please consider:

“Generation X: An Inconvenient Era”
    (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-23/guest-post-generation-x-inconvenient-era)

That being said, I don’t think Baby Boomers are bad/lazy people but I think they constantly fail to see how much the stars were aligned in their favour (i.e. lucky) demographically/economically speaking. To be fair they’ve had their challenges too, but never in a Boomer’s life have they had to stare into the future and know that it’s only downhill from here (until maybe now… but they probably won’t live to see us make it all the way to the bottom while for Gen-X and worse, the Millennials, that’s the rest of their life – I can tell you they’re not too happy about that).

Some other articles to consider:

“The Intergenerational Responsibility of Boomers”
    (http://www.policymic.com/articles/9201/baby-boomers-from-pensions-to-wall-street-the-unsustainable-generation)

The facts are clear. Boomers have received the most government investment in a century and in many ways, it has paid off. But how will they pay it forward? When will they realize they have the future of America in their hands? As the biggest and most participative voting bloc, theirs is the most influential generation of the electorate.

Nations fall when they rest on their laurels; nations progress when each generation wins their own. To every boomer, I ask: how can we Millennials live by this rule, if our role models have rested on their own parents’ laurels for far too long?

———————— –

“Forward or Crash”
    (http://theautomaticearth.blogspot.ca/2010/03/march-17-2010-forward-or-crash.html)

We have a baby boomer generation that has just about all the money that’s left in our societies. Their children, though, have nothing. Except for some hand-outs from their parents (I’m not talking individuals here). Unemployment among young people in many countries is downright scary, often in the 40%-50% range. No jobs, no money, no prospects. In times and places throughout history, this has brought populist dictators to the foreground, and pitchforks and torches into the streets, and there is no reason why it won’t now. Today’s political power is firmly in the hands of the 40-year and older crowd; they have elected incumbent politicians, and more importantly, they have the money and thus the power. The younger generation has no money and no power, but they also have nothing left to lose.

———————— –

“The Age of Entitlement is Over”
    (http://theautomaticearth.blogspot.ca/2010/04/april-7-2010-age-of-entitlement-is-over.html)

The only solution would be for the baby-boomer generation to voluntarily cut their own pensions by 50% or more, and return the remainder to the funds. That will not happen. Neither will there be politicians brave -let alone numerous- enough to force such cuts in any meaningful sense, not until the baby boomers are no longer the largest voting block in our societies, and rest assured, by then it will be way too late.

For those of you who are already retired or will soon do so, your pensions will be cut drastically within probably 5 years, and certainly 10 years. Think a 75% cut. For those of you under the age of 50, assuming you’d retire at 65, and this is something I’ve said many times before, there will be no pensions, period.

What there will be is enormous generational battlefields, both metaphorically and literally, in your families, communities and societies. A situation in which pensioners sit by their private pools while their grandchildren scavenge for food would never last long.

———————— –

“How the Baby Boomers Ruined the World”
    (http://www.investmentreview.com/expert-opinion/how-baby-boomers-ruined-the-world-6061)

Baby Boomers were born to parents who grew up during the turbulent years of world history. Those parents had to sacrifice and deprive themselves from the basics, be it good education, cheap or free health care or a healthy work environment and living. As such, they wanted their children (the Boomers) to have it all – all that they themselves missed or gave up. And baby boomers took advantage of everything they could.

They were lucky in another way, too. The western world was stable (the European Union just won the Noble prize because of this) and these countries did not experience any catastrophic war as the 1st or 2nd World Wars. Most of them did not have to serve in the army and they did not learn the discipline this entails. There were plenty of jobs to go around. There was easy credit and the proliferation of banks competing for their attention and business helped them buy large houses, big cars and have a comfortable living. The sharp rise in house prices and the stock and bond markets benefited them, too. They had it all.

But they became very complacent. They felt they were “entitled to their entitlements.” They wanted less work, longer vacations and a good life. And they wanted it all now. Boomers did not want to wait for future consumption. Instead, they loaded up on debt. Debt per capita in the western world skyrocketed over the last 10 years alone, up 142% in Portugal, 94% in Spain, 63% in Germany, 223% in UK, 90% in France 105% in Greece, 33% in Italy, 47% in Canada, 37% in Japan, 269% in Ireland and 151% in the US according to Bloomberg BusinessWeek.

———————— –

Granted, the last article is a bit of a “hit piece” on Boomers, but there are a lot of truths woven within it. I think most if not all Boomers will have to come to a face a reckoning of sorts – will they maintain their belief in being entitled to something while the world is burning around them (“I earned it; too f*cking bad Gen-X’ers and Millennials if life dealt you a crummy hand!”), or will they see that much of the wealth they have is circumstantial and willingly give up to the younger generations like a healing balm to help ease the pain of the sad future we face.

I’m hopeful it will be the latter, though obviously I’m biased.
    But I can make a prediction (not a threat) that if you keep a generation of people poor to maintain the wealth of the generation in power, eventually said poor will rise up and eat the rich.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Cheers.

7th June 2013 at 12:47 pm

73. nobody says:

the fat woman in yellow looks like martin lawerence in “big mama”

7th June 2013 at 12:54 pm

74. nobody says:

the fat woman in pink looks like eddie murphy in “norbit”

7th June 2013 at 1:21 pm

75. Helix says:

I’m not sure I’d predict the future based on a weekend at Wildwood. I myself just spent an afternoon walking around the Oregon State University campus in Corvallis. I was pretty favorably impressed by what I saw. The campus was beautiful and well-kept, and the students there appeared to be serious, diligent, and forward-looking. Also very well aware of the issues facing their world and not at all intimidated by them. I’m thinking that they might have some tough years getting established, but they’re going to do just fine.

7th June 2013 at 4:02 pm

76. Helix says:

Oh, and @Guest: Waaaa! So you think you’re being victimized by the boomers? Listen, I’m a boomer and when I graduated from University — with an Electrical Engineering degree — Congress had just cancelled the Supersonic Transport aircraft, and Boeing, McDonnell-Douglas, Raytheon, Grumman, et al had just dumped 220,000 experienced electrical engineers on the market. I worked at a summer camp that summer for $75 per week, followed by selling Fuller Brush products door-to-door. Then followed a stint substitute teaching at a school for the educationally handicapped, followed by a stint digging ditches for a construction firm, once again for $75 per week. I ate Carnation Instant Breakfast for breakfast and lunch because that was all I could afford.

But guess what: I ALWAYS worked, I never took a dime I didn’t earn, and I NEVER blamed my financial struggles on my parents or grandparents. And let me just ask, because I can’t figure it out on my own, exactly what bills have we stuck you with? Are your taxes any higher than ours were?

Oh, and by the way, all that wealth that we’re “hoarding”? Who do you think that’s going to get passed on to as we pay for our “golden years” and die off? It isn’t rocket science to see that housing will once again come into line with peoples’ incomes as boomers age and the demographics bring on a buyers’ market.

I work in a technical field. Do you know what my company’s biggest problem is? We can’t find qualified engineers. Well, let me take that back. We can find plenty of qualified engineers in India. But we can’t find them here. One of the reasons that I’m still working is because finding someone with a college degree who understands the Fourier Transform is near hopeless, and finding someone without a college degree who understands it is impossible. As the admin said, math is hard. Americans would rather fart into a microphone and sell it as an iPod app.

I’m all for cooperation among people, but in the final analysis, things work better when everyone puts their shoulder to the wheel. THAT is what counts. We have some tough issues to face, and none of them are going to get solved without some concentrated effort and sacrifice. Anyone willing to face them with intelligence and diligence will do fine.

7th June 2013 at 5:41 pm

77. FBS says:

just like the prez, they always blame the predecessor.

7th June 2013 at 5:58 pm

78. Novista says:

Helix

Bully for you. I can tell the same tale, as many of my Silent peers could. How many of your generation can measure up to your standard? Waaaa at Guest81 indeed — don’t take it personal; if the shoe doesn’t fit don’t let it pinch, eh?

Maybe you remember the Sputnik shock? And the reaction, the end result, oversupply of engineers, scientists, and all the skilled types. I’m sure many boomers that went that route ended up working in fields beneath their education. There were other downturns and lost contracts and closures — that just might have some flow-on effects that impacted younger people, reckon? Supply/demand is always a volatile thing, especially when the government tries to micromanage.

Only this week, I heard two 60-somethings brag how they are using up all their loot and will leave nothing to their kids. One couple has just embarked on their 17th cruise. Sheesh. Yeah, only two data points, anecdotes don’t count for much. My Greatest Generation parents, poor country folk, couldn’t blame their parients, who were in the same boat; nor did they adopt the ‘me’ attitude in later years. But I reckon there was a lot of angst toward the older generations generally in 1929.

So history rhymes.

8th June 2013 at 12:19 am

79. FBS says:

Guest81,

I like reading about how great we had it as boomers and how bad you have it as millenials. you’ll inherit the earth, isn’t that enough inheritance for you?
    let’s say dad buys a new car and makes payments for umpteen years. at the end of that loan, dad decides to give you the car and buys a new one. you whine because you have to fix a few worn out parts even though it still runs pretty good.
    gee, dad, you enjoyed that car when it was brand spanking new, I have to fix stuff on it.
    yes, son, but it didn’t cost you as much as it did me. anyway, you can trade it in and get a new one and pay for it like I paid for mine.
    but you used all the oil.
    there’s coal to run power plants.
    that’s crap, it pollutes the environment.
    so was oil but we found a use for it.
    I hate you.
    I hated my father too, and then I grew up when I realized how he sacrificed.
    fuck you.

8th June 2013 at 12:48 am

80. Ray says:

I am 65 and have been living down here in Arequipa, Peru for almost 2 years now to learn Spanish. I am currently applying for residency and unless deported will never leave. Nearly everything is the opposite of the western countries. Inflation is 2.5% per year The banks pay 8% interest per year on certificates of deposit. the banks charge 10-20% on loans. This is a nation of savers who do not live beyond their means. I have never heard of a teenage girl getting pregnant. I have never heard any Peruvian swear at another even when arguing. This is a very productive and polite society.

The produce are all very old strains which are unbelievable delicious and GMO is not allowed to enter the country. All produce is grown locally and our water supply flows down from the Andes. We are at 8,000′ and the weather is 68 degrees year round and sunny. Their universities are rated very low on the international scale but riddle me this, the students here all seem to know more about what is happening in the world than similar american students. All well dressed and no tats or body mods they do not have any time for BS like that. There are places in the world that are still civilized if you look for them.

8th June 2013 at 1:42 am

81. Novista says:

FBS

Project much … or, can I have some of what you’re smoking?

So — you’ve established you’re an each-way hater. You grew out of the one, will you ever grow out of the other? I guess you cannot see that the playing field has changed, and maybe the game is a different one in the 21st century.

8th June 2013 at 6:57 am

82. roses says:

Hi. First time poster. Happy to have found this site because it usually sums up my experience of life. Im from NJ and its to the point that I stay in my house as much as possible because the general population is scary. I consider myself upper middle class and live in a relatively nice area. We live within our means so we could probably live in a more affluent area in north jersey and pay outrages taxes but we prefer where we are because I have a feeling that you just can’t get away from the people this article is describing so why bother paying more taxes I have found people to be very stupid and its difficult to get a drink order at dunkin donuts right a majority of the time. The recession has made senior citizens have to rejoin the work force so it now takes forever to get through a line at Kohls or Home Depot because grandma has to learn the register. I find people at Wawa and 7-11 to fall into 2 categories. They all look medicated, unwashed and slow, but one group is obese with big gulps, chips and candy bars in their chubby little hands and the other group looks thin and scraggily with grey, frizzy hair in pony tails buying cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
    I can’t connect with these people as I don’t think we have any thing in common and they seem to be the norm. Its a lonely existence out there when you dont fit in.
    Now, Im an equal opportunity basher as I have the same disdain for ultra rich corporate americans who screw over the middle class with their money and power. I dont see them at my Wawa but I imagine them out there in their 20k toilet bowls, yachts, mansions getting richer and richer by finding new and creative ways to screw me over. They disgust me just as much, if not even more, than the slothy americans I see on a daily basis.

8th June 2013 at 12:57 pm

roses

Welcome to TBP, where all the people are clean, thin, beautiful, and exchange healthy recipes.

8th June 2013 at 1:14 pm

roses makes a grand entrance to TBP.

I like you already.

You’ve got spunk.

8th June 2013 at 1:43 pm

85. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope that I don’t wear it out. The times that I am forced to deal with the general public, mostly taking my kids to their sporting and school events, I’m typically the contradicting opinion. Most of the time you will find me off to the side so as not to have to listen to the mindless drivel.
    I’ve gone back and read most of the articles and so many of your obsevations resonate with me, especially the ones about the growing amount of obese. Im in my 40s and there was a time when it was an exception to see a morbidly obese person. Now, they are everwhere. What the heck happened? When did americans just give up? My children are all thin and in sports because excercise and a good diet are my parental responsibility. My children are all honor roll because its my responsibility to make sure their homework is done, that I read with them, that we go to the library and limit video games. But, most parents I overhear talking can’t understand why Johnny is fat or failing class. The reason has alot to do with another part of their coversation that I overhear. Thebpart where the parents talk about sleeping in in the morning and not getting their kids to the bus on time, or how they can’t wait to call a sitter and go drinking. No one wants to be responsible and do the hard work anymore. I often lay awake at nite worrying about who my daughter and sons will end up marrying.

8th June 2013 at 2:50 pm

86. Roses says:

Sorry. Above comment was mine.

8th June 2013 at 2:52 pm

Roses

Don’t let your kids marry anyone from TBP. They’re all crazy.

8th June 2013 at 3:08 pm

88. FBS says:

Novista says:

“FBS – Project much … or, can I have some of what you’re smoking?”

hey Novi, sorry about the confusion, I meant the kid in the story replied fuck you. I wouldn’t talk like that to a newbie.
    Sorry, newbie.
    Dang, I hope he dint go and kill himself.

8th June 2013 at 3:29 pm

89. FBS says:

Novista says:

“FBS – Project much (?)”

the dad was replying to the kid who just told him FU.
    just wait for the cliff’s notes… sheesh.

8th June 2013 at 3:40 pm

“Oh, and by the way, all that wealth that we’re (Baby Boomers) “hoarding”? Who do you think that’s going to get passed on to as we pay for our “golden years” and die off?
    —-Helix

@ Roses

Holy shit. It would have taken me a year, maybe two, to correct all the grammatical errors in your first post on this site. You got lucky with a follow up comment where you seem to have magically discovered the value of punctuation marks and capitalization, but you still fall a little short on correct spelling, which now appears to be mostly a typo problem. Slow down.

Despite the welcome by Admin and Stucky, consider yourself on probation. Those two don’t know shit from Shinola.

8th June 2013 at 7:14 pm

91. Novista says:

Roses

Welcome.

Some claim correct spelling is a sign of the anal-retentive. (Oh, does that have a hyphen?) Heh.

FBS

My error; sometimes it’s difficult to grasp a stream of unconsciousness.

8th June 2013 at 11:51 pm

92. FBS says:

SSS says:

—-Helix

“Good point. In fact, excellent point. There’s a grip (not gripe, as Admin would say) of Boomers and Silents who have a grip of money socked away. Probably in the tens or hundreds of billions of dollars that will go down the generational lines.”

Jamie Dimon anticipated this and devised the housing bubble to capture all that equity that boomers tapped into with debt he now owns. Xers and millenials get nothing. I believe this is admin’s message. I am not talking out of both sides of my mouth when I say the yutes will inherit the earth, they will inherit it with all its problems. So sorry.

9th June 2013 at 12:28 am

93. Roses says:

@ SSS aka grammer nazi

When people have nothing substantial to add to the discussion they compensate by commenting on the superficial.

Depending on the forum, content and topic I may or may not follow the “grammatical rules”. On FB and message boards I tend to be alittle more lax

On the other hand, I find Admin and Stucky very knowledgeable and enjoy reading their comments.

Good day, Sir.

9th June 2013 at 10:33 am

Roses takes care of SSS – the grammar Nazi ex-spook.

9th June 2013 at 11:46 am

@ Roses

Oh, my. Getting a little testy, aren’t we?

Look, one of my primary functions here is to annoy people and cement my status as a general pain in the ass. Just ask Admin. One tiny slip by him, and I’m all over it like white on rice. He’s been putting up with my shit for years and generally responds with a funny pic to throw my comments right back in my face. I find it great fun, even when I really annoy him and he starts calling me “old man” and uses words like dementia or Alzheimer’s. Heh.

Lighten up. Or get a sense of humor. Or both.

9th June 2013 at 11:55 am

@ Roses

See above pic by Admin directed at me. See, what did I tell you?

9th June 2013 at 11:58 am

SSS

Get a gripe.

Don’t you mean testes?

9th June 2013 at 11:58 am

98. FBS says:

Roses –

I do not give a flying fuck, and Sigma Nu does not give a flying fuck, about how much you fucking love to talk to your [Stuck and Admin]. You have 361 days out of the fucking year to talk to [Stuck], and this week is NOT, I fucking repeat NOT ONE OF THEM. This week is about fostering relationships in the [TBP] community, and that’s not fucking possible if you’re going to stand around and talk to [Admin]…

9th June 2013 at 3:36 pm

m8y63h820itp3y.jpg

SSS’s pain in the arse tonic..

9th June 2013 at 4:26 pm

This is my first and last comment to you.Im going to do what I typically do to people that annoy, ignore. -roses

Roses have thorns for a reason. I suggest you use them. Alot. Welcome to fight club =)

9th June 2013 at 4:33 pm

“Jamie Dimon anticipated this (Boomer wealth) and devised the housing bubble to capture all that equity that boomers tapped into with debt he now owns. Xers and millenials get nothing.”
    —-FBS

You are probably half right. Where you are wrong are the millions, and I mean millions, of Boomers who haven’t gone hog wild in their retirement, or close to retirement, years.

We’ve lived responsibly, invested wisely, and saved, saved, saved. We intend to leave something substantial for our direct heirs, children and grandchildren. My wife and I have joint investment accounts specifically for all of our named grandchildren on those accounts. The accounts aren’t huge, but they ain’t beanbag, either. Our children will, well, let’s just say that they will inherit a really, really comfortable inheritance when we’re gone.

I don’t think we’re atypical. We’re probably in the median of Boomers, of which I am not a member. Jamie Dimon, Lloyd Blankfein and the rest of the Wall Street banksters won’t see a nickel of what we own. Now, the motherfuckers at the Federal Reserve may destroy our wealth, but that’s another story.

9th June 2013 at 7:40 pm

102. backwardsevolution says:

Guest 81 – “I will admit, however, there is one problem I see with multiculturalism (even here in Canada) – Balkanization. This is when cultural groups form into strong groups and do not intermingle with other groups (whether willingly or due to economic/social restrictions) – i.e. the Chinese that stay in Chinatown, the Italians in Little Italy, white people in trailer parks, blacks in ghettos, and up here in Canada the Indian/Eastern communities in certain parts of Brampton/Toronto which is now sometimes referred to as “Bramladesh”.

That sort of scenario isn’t really an integration of culture but a tolerance of other cultures as long as they keep to themselves (and there is enough resources to go around). These situations worry me as I think they are susceptible to the kind of social fracturing you identified, and could get very ugly when they do.”

A ticking time bomb is more like it!

Stucky re multiculturalism: “How about …. IT JUST DOESN’T WORK IN THE LONG TERM.”

Yes! It doesn’t work in the short-term either, but good times puts a lid on it.

If a country doesn’t stand for something, it stands for nothing. I cry for my country.

10th June 2013 at 4:34 am

103. backwardsevolution says:

Admin – another wonderful piece of writing. Thanks for the laughs. I agree with you re tattoos and piercings – what a way to limit yourself.

10th June 2013 at 4:55 am

104. Helix says:

SSS re: “Jamie Dimon, Lloyd Blankfein and the rest of the Wall Street banksters won’t see a nickel of what we own. Now, the motherfuckers at the Federal Reserve may destroy our wealth, but that’s another story.:

Is there a difference between Maim-me Dimon and Lloyd Blankmind on one hand and the Fed on the other? One fits the other like a glove on a hand. Or maybe more like brass knuckles… Without the Fed, Dimon and Blankfein would have run out of unemployment insurance two years ago, and without Dimon and Blankfein, there wouldn’t even be a Fed. Any distinction between them is purely a formality.

The Fed is the reason Boomers “hoard” and are still working. We have no confidence that our savings will hold up under the present monetary policy. That same policy has decimated the return on our savings, meaning that we will have to dig into principal to make up for any shortfall in income. Therefore, unless we have done exceedingly well financially, we have little choice but to keep working, or risk penury in old age.

Or, worse yet, being a burden to our children. If the comments in this thread are any indication, they despise us enough already.

10th June 2013 at 2:51 pm

105. Steak sandwich says:

I love Wawa….

12th June 2013 at 6:35 pm

106. Steak sandwich says:

I wonder, is it possible to have a forum away from the prying eyes of the government. Like old school a BBS using out dated equipment and tech. To me it feels like we are fighting a team who has direct access to all of our thoughts and plans.

We know nothing about the NSA, except that I doubt they are in the business of employing idiots.

12th June 2013 at 6:40 pm

“Is there a difference between Maim-me Dimon and Lloyd Blankmind on one hand and the Fed on the other? One fits the other like a glove on a hand. Or maybe more like brass knuckles…”
    —-Helix @ SSS

I don’t dispute anything you said in your comments above, particularly that statement.

My conservative investments exceed the inflation rate by a few percentage points, and my wife’s are enjoying the ride up on the DJ. And we have physical gold and silver (thanks to me). I don’t know what the fuck else we can do.

These bastards in the Fed and TBTF banks either don’t realize or don’t care about the financial destruction, and the angst, they’ve created among nearly all Americans. There’s one word for the economic system they’ve created where only the uber-rich (1%) and poor (15% and rising) feel safe. Tilt.

12th June 2013 at 7:22 pm

108. ThatGuy says:

. “I was just more convinced than ever before in my observations that the majority of Americans are just willfully ignorant morons. Everyone judges people by their appearance. It’s what human beings do. ”
    Ok, see this is what confused me. See I thought what you where saying is that “this is wrong”. But apparently thats not what you where saying. Sure its what people do. Its a natural reaction. But after your initial reaction to something you think” Oh wait, i’m an intelligent person who knows that you dont judge a book by its cover and you dont judge someone just by looking at them” Sure people judge you by the way you look, but only ignorant close minded people act on those first impressions.

“Don’t these people realize that a neck tattoo or full arm tattoo has eliminated their chances to ever get a decent paying job? ”

You are right, because there are people like this out there ->

” I can tell you right now, I will never ever hire a person with a tattoo on their face, neck or any visible area of their body.”

Its a self fulfilling prophecy. If you are one of those hiring people who wont hire people based on your Judgmental tendencies then of COURSE you are going to think that they aren’t going to get hired.

Now….you see. In the REAL world, INTELLIGENT employers dont discriminate against potentially good (or great) employees just because they have some ink in their skin, are overweight, or choose to wear cloths they find comfortable. The best most responsible ASM at my work had tattoos on his face, neck, all down his arms and i’m sure many other places that are not my business. He started as a flooring employee, rose to Department Head, and was an ASM and one of the best and only that i could rely on when i left the company.

So thank you blogger, thank you for providing a great example of the pretentiousness that keeps our people from progressing.

I mean its comments like these….
    “The vast majority of the low class people on the Wildwood boardwalk were oblivious to their own low classness. This is normal in America today. They are wearing $300 Air Jordan sneakers and dropping hundreds of dollars on fried oreos, fudge, rides and shooting basketballs to win an enormous stuffed pig. I would go out on a limb and guess that more than 50% of the people on that boardwalk were receiving some form of government assistance.”

Class? you realize CLass systems are archaic ways of keeping the poor in slavery to people who are born into money? right. Its basically regarded Universally by any civilized society as “wrong”. But no, you want to be a judgmental asshole.
    And the fact that you make blatant judgements you know nothing about. Oh so you have a bunch of people wearing trashy cloths and look a bit unhealthy. So you assume they are all poor classless little freaks that are sucking up government funds. Did you bother to even TALK to any of these people or get to know them? Well you wouldn’t want to associate with people LOWER than you, now would you?

You make me want to throw up to get the sick taste of your…your….EVIL out of my mind. That is really the only thing it CAN be called.

7th July 2013 at 9:23 pm

109. ThatGuy says:

PS. the notion of going on the internet and finding a bunch of “ugly” pictures of people (at least 2 of those are celebrities ) just to insult people you dont know and have no right judging is twisted.

7th July 2013 at 9:27 pm

Thatguy – you are a moron on two levels. first, you post on a dead thread, that will get few reads or responses. Second, you are a moron. But then I repeat myself.

7th July 2013 at 9:30 pm

Thatguy

Go fuck yourself.

Cordially Admin

7th July 2013 at 9:30 pm

Twisted, but fun. Asshole.

7th July 2013 at 9:30 pm

Gee, I hope thatguy becomes a regular.

7th July 2013 at 9:36 pm

That Guy

What a breath of fresh air!! You are the new voice of reason here.

Do NOT be intimidated by Admin.
    Do NOT be intimidated by llpoh.

A figurative kick in the nuts and those two will fold like a cheap suit. Let me encourage you to continue the battle. I am rootin’ for ya!!

7th July 2013 at 9:39 pm