Cynical30 – DWELL (Occupy)

Posted on 17th June 2013 by Cynical30 in Economy |Politics |Social Issues |Technology

Hey TBPers! I just finished putting together a music video/original song for Occupy and the current shit-show. Note the Admin cameo near the end:

Here are the lyrics:

Can’t this just be all so simple?
Can’t we just be all resentful?
Man, we must be all so sinful
Damn, it’s just been so eventful
Here’s my pencil here’s my paper
Cynical by nurture’s nature
Cynical by nomenclature
Miserable by purse and taker
Chemical reactionary
None of all these actions vary
Tends to fall on backs of weary
Bend us till we snap in theory
Cannon fodder
Cannon’s slaughter
Man and woman, son and daughter
Kill your children – torture, prison
Earth is scorched with no precision
Retribution, anger, vengeance?
Say the source is your religion!
Tunnel vision, see no evil
Heard the sheep,
Deter the people
Make us chips in your casinos
Make black people hate Latinos
Bread and circus
Dead end surface
Bred and worked
Till dead and worthless
Here’s my earth and my estate keys
Watch me closely, keep me safe please!
Monitor my conversations
Observe all my connotations
I’ll defer to your préséance
I won’t question where my pay went
Bailout nation
Failed and baseless
Doing God’s work, please be patient!
Please be flagrant
Please be heinous
We won’t say shit
We’ll just take it!
Pay it forward
Do it backward
Play the war
But *bleep* the bad words
See the masters
Sweet disaster
Bleed the serfs and feed the bastards!
Hope and change and fraud and phonies
Hockey moms and dogs and ponies
Dropping bombs and shock and awe
And I’ll just fall for what you show me
State of police
State control me
Only thou art great and holy
Can’t this just be all so simple?
Can’t we just be all resentful?
Man, we must be all so sinful
Damn, it’s just been so eventful
Here’s my pencil here’s my paper
Cynical by nomenclature
Cynical by nurture’s nature
Cyclical by verse of Maker

Cynical

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!

Did you write the song?

Is that you singing?

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 21 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:19 pm

This should be the anthem of the Occupy Movement.

It is good enough to go on the radio.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 18 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:28 pm

3. AKAnon says:

Wow, dude, that kicks ass. Well done.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 23 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:33 pm

4. Cynical30 says:

Yes! I wrote it, performed it and recorded it… and had a good friend of mine help with the video. I actually got inspired to do this from your entry on your OWS visit. I ended up using a bunch of your pictures from that. I would have loved to go show my support as well but it’s logistically impossible for me at the moment, so I figured this would be the next best thing I could do!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 35 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:35 pm

5. Cynical30 says:

I suppose I couldn’t be so bold to request a front page feature on Monday from the Ol’ Admin, huh? Hahaha!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:37 pm

6. Colma Rising says:

Cynical30 with the beats…

Fine fine beats, fucking awesome brother.

I was wondering what happened to the Big C and now I know.

Haha! I think he’s got a gig now but I know a drummer if you want to go metal…

Admin:

Please please please don’t let this drop off the list tomorrow!!!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:40 pm

7. Colma Rising says:

Cynical:

You’ve got stiff competition from Howard’s Magnum Opus…

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:43 pm

I’ve now stuck Howard and Cynical’s posts to the front page. They will stay there.

This video needs wide distribution. I just sent the link to Zero Hedge and begged them to post it.

I’m going to send the link to the OWS website.

I’m blown away by the talent of TBP members. Howard and Cynical have renewed my hope today.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 23 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:48 pm

9. Cynical30 says:

@ Colma

Yeah man, I’ve been out of the loop for a couple. Heading down to Miami for my final move TONIGHT so I’m about to crash out bro. Have a good rest of the weekend!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:51 pm

10. howard in nyc says:

quinn, you are too kind and generous to me. thank you.

to paraphrase my favorite rock and roll star, graham parker, ‘all i am doing is describing reality’. at least that is my goal.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:53 pm

11. Colma Rising says:

Admin YOU FUCKING ROCK

Cynical:

Great show… rest well.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:54 pm

12. Colma Rising says:

Howard, Cynical, Admin and all others:

Thanks for the work… It’s nice to know I’m not alone.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:57 pm

13. howard in nyc says:

cynical, that is a great song. excellent words and beats.

there is another black kid from davis who has had a nice music career. michael franti. i am anxious for him to weigh in. he is about the same age as the non-riot gear police officer i recognized. and both those kids loved basketball.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:59 pm

AMAZING.

INCREDIBLE.

WELL DONE!!!!!
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 7:28 pm

15. Novista says:

C30 “next best thing” is orders of magnitude UP! Bravo.

Travel safely!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 7:48 pm

It’s so easy to be cynical in today’s world. I am the master of cynicism. There are days when I think I should officially change my first name to “Cynical”.

But a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

I was at a Down Syndrome Seminar today which took place at Princeton University. Ms. Freud was one of the presenters. Hundreds of children with Downs Syndrome were there. I don’t know what other word to use … it was such a Blessing! It renewed my Spirit. The interaction … and LOVE … I felt interacting with the children made me feel so alive. I might start a thread about it this week.

There are many, many days when I feel like giving up hope.

But not today.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 18 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 7:53 pm

17. Colma Rising says:

Her Stuch:

Funny how that happens sometimes, isn’t it!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 8:05 pm

18. Muck About says:

My, that’s good. For a non-rapper, I listened to it three ties to make sure it said what I thought it said. Cynical 30, your talent is beautiful. May it go viral..

MA

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 22 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 8:09 pm

19. Colma Rising says:

Muck:

My girlfriend dug it…

Time to fire up that Email again…

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 8:11 pm

20. Novista says:

And then there was this:

Yes, of course Australia is different (snicker). (got to put news somewhere)

MF was truly global and Aussies got stung: “it would take more than three months to calculate the final amounts MF Global Australia clients can claim.” In other words, we will take your money now and give you back what we can find, sometime.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 11:11 pm

21. Zara says:

Thats really great Cynical. I hope it truly does represent the OWS movement.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 11:36 pm

22. AKAnon says:

Cynical-Where did the 8 pointed arrows/circle symbol come from?

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 11:49 pm

23. Cynical30 says:

Thank you everyone! On the road.

aka: that’s the symbol for chaos. I made it spin in reference to the 4th turning cycle. I think chaos/chaos theory are especially representative of the OWS movement because no one can predict where it’s going to go next.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:03 am

Cynical

I posted your video on George Washington’s Blog.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 18 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 8:25 am

The Dollar Collpase website posted a link to the video under their Art of the Collapse section.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 8:27 am

26. avalon says:

I love this. Cynical30, you are talented.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 17 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 8:34 am

27. flash says:

WOW, The talent that shows up on TBP is amazing and this is why I keep coming back..
    Very well done C30 +10

BTW RP supporters check this piece out…and pass it around.

There is only one

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 8:40 am

28. Diogenes says:

Inspired…

and Inspiring.

I’ll be posting links to this everywhere I go.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 9:13 am

29. Shell Game says:

Cudos, Cynical30, very well done. Jim posted it on Brandon Smith’s ‘SLPC’ article, good companion piece. You can’t kill an idea and this idea is growing across this country. It gives me great hope.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 9:41 am

30. Cynical30 says:

Thanks JQ & everyone!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 9:43 am

31. Diogenes says:

Just put the link in a comment on occupywallst.org

Hope they pick up on it…

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 9:50 am

32. mAKOto says:

AKAnon, that is what’s less commonly known as a chaos symbol.

Very good meme if you ask me, or rather: would sigil be more preferable?

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 10:37 am

33. TheZixlord says:

Go viral! I’m sending this to everyone on my mail list.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 11:07 am

34. Thinker says:

F’ing brilliant… going out to my list, too.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 12:39 pm

35. Anonymous says:

Anyone feel like pissing on a neocon “OWSers ain’t American parade’ go here.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 1:10 pm

36. Cynical30 says:

Made it to beautiful Miami! Thanks for all the kind words my fellow gloom & doomers

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 6:56 pm

37. Rick says:

I wrote this 2 years ago. This is us live at the Red Lion in Greenwich Village

Rome Burning by Acoustic Medicine
    I see bloodshed and violence
    avarice and ignorance
    Wall street thieves stealing 12 trillion dollars and
    drones dropping bombs like it’s a video game

if you’re gonna kill some children please don’t do it in my name

We got 700 military bases overseas
    we got a failed school system middle class on its knees
    don’t know why you people trust republicans and democrats
    when you pull back the curtain
    They’re all working for Goldman Sachs

The candidate of change became the president of same
    he chose the graveyard of empires to play his ego games
    well minding our own business is much smarter than a bomb
    take that for sale sign off Washington
    and we can all get along

oh to find our way home we need a spiritual exodus its burning here in Rome
    oh to find our way home we need a spiritual exodus its burning here in Rome
    oh to find our way home we need a spiritual exodus its burning here in Rome
    oh to find our way home we need a spiritual exodus its burning here in Rome

Well the economic stimulus is all they seem to talk about
    I know some single mothers who could truly use a bailout
    you keep stuffing all our money in the pockets of them thieves
    people gonna rise on up
    and bring you to your knees

oh to find our way home we need a spiritual exodus its burning here in Rome
    oh to find our way home we need a spiritual exodus its burning here in Rome
    oh to find our way home we need a spiritual exodus its burning here in Rome
    oh to find our way home we need a spiritual exodus its burning here in Rome

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 15 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 3:42 am

38. Rick says:

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 3:43 am

39. michaelj007 says:

Cynical… wtf bro?!?! I’m not sure if we can be friends anymore man. You’re gonna get me blacklisted. Ha Ha! Great video and song, I hope it makes the next Dew-Tang Clan album! ;)

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 1:14 pm

40. The Central Scrootinizer says:

MichaelJ007:

You have been black listed for a year already…

It’s too late for you.

The sky is no longer the limit.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 2:33 pm

41. Cynical30 says:

You got on the shitlist as soon as you clicked my man.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 1

17th June 2013 at 3:21 pm

42. michaelj007 says:

Scrootinizer- Are you my last dickhead boss? ha ha! I’m 1/2 latin so I’m Year-Round’-Tan-Listed up north. Down in Miami I’m just another Gringo.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 11:23 am

43. Cannonfodder says:

This is perfect; it says all about what the common person is feeling and thinking. The time of the Great Burning is at hand. The commoners will wake up and take up arms unless the pillage stops.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 8:29 pm

44. Colma Rising says:

2249450697_c992cb16fd_o.gif

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 1

17th June 2013 at 12:50 am

45. Cynical30 says:

That thumbs up ripped a hole in the ozone layer.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 11:46 am

46. Colma Rising says:

C:

That thumbs up gave that broken Russian Mars probe the boost it needed…

17th June 2013 at 3:48 pm

47. Colma Rising says:

Chuck’s Thumbs up cleared the air space over europe…

17th June 2013 at 3:50 pm

48. Colma Rising says:

Those Korean missile tests were right on track and would have hit the target if it weren’t for Chuck’s thumbs-up.

17th June 2013 at 3:54 pm

49. Cynical30 says:

Thanks for the repost admin! Think I’m about to hit 1,800….

17th June 2013 at 2:40 pm

50. Hope@ZeroKelvin says:

That is really good.

But one tiny problem is that spinning wheel at the end.

It implies that things just go round and round and never change.

If that was your point. good on yer and I am giving you two thumbs up for DOOM.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 10:20 pm

51. Cynical30 says:

Actually HZK, it’s the chaos symbol meaning that things can do anything at this point (as in stay the same or continue. “Cyclical by verse of Maker” is an elusion to the Book of Ecclesiastes regarding the cycles of life and nature (or the Byrds song for those so versed). I decided to spin it to show that there is a cyclicality even to chaos theory. I think the whole 4th turning theory is pretty representitive of “cyclical chaos”. I suppose it’s like predicting the tides. You may know when they are coming in, but you damn sure will never know what they are bringing along with them.

17th June 2013 at 1:45 pm

52. Colma Rising says:

Chuck flipped a coin in Texas and took out a drone in Iran…

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 1:53 pm

53. Cynical30 says:

Alriiiight! Thanks for the re-plug Admin!

17th June 2013 at 9:38 am

Nice.

applause.gif

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 1:19 pm

55. a cruel accountant says:

WOW!

17th June 2013 at 10:31 pm

Glad to see this back up again. Still a very enjoyable listen.

Cynical, I’ll bet you can do a damn good job doing one about the TSA. You certainly have the talent and passion. That way, instead of Opting Out you can just play them your tune on your iPhone, or whatever.

17th June 2013 at 8:09 am

57. flash says:

Cynical…. very pro…good stuff…and that cameo at 2:10…looks familiar?

17th June 2013 at 9:11 am

58. Mary Malone says:

Awesome Cynical30. What everybody else said!

17th June 2013 at 9:50 am

flash

The cameo at 2:10 was George Clooney.

17th June 2013 at 9:53 am

60. flash says:

admin..
    George Clooney ?…are you sure?

…not Jerry Mathers then?

hat_beaver_older2.jpg

17th June 2013 at 10:03 am

61. Novista says:

C30

Not to give you the big head or anything, but your “Occupy” was the first video I snagged when I got the YouTube add-on for Firefox.

17th June 2013 at 8:42 pm

62. Stigmation says:

AWESOME!

17th June 2013 at 9:54 am

63. Cynical30 says:

Alriiiight! Thanks Novista!

17th June 2013 at 1:42 pm

64. AKAnon says:

“Make black people hate Latinos” Trayvon Martin, anyone? Prescient, Cynical.

17th June 2013 at 2:37 am

65. Colma Rising says:

A dub-step remix is in order.

If only….

17th June 2013 at 11:23 am

66. Cynical30 says:

HA!!! Good idea CR. I’ll have my cousin do it. He freaking loves that stuff.

17th June 2013 at 3:12 pm

67. Colma Rising says:

That would be DOPE

Like:

“Cynical by nurture’s nature….” ZWAAAM WAH WAH WAH WAMP, B-ZAM ZAMP ZAMP

(Caps for the MEGASONIC BASS DROP)

17th June 2013 at 3:23 pm

The video is as enjoyable now as the first day I heard it. I can’t believe it hasn’t gotten more hits on youtube. Fucking curs.

17th June 2013 at 3:27 pm

69. Cynical30 says:

Again, thanks Admin! I suppose we can add this to the EOTWAWKI concert too.

17th June 2013 at 3:39 pm

70. JJ3 says:

Wow man that’s really great. I would be very interested in collaborating with you. I see you made that video about a year ago and you have 2500 views. I can get that many views in about a month on my youtube channel. I write lyrics but I want to connect with someone who can sing the lyrics and make a kickass video like you did to go with it. Would you be interested in doing something like that? I don’t want any exposure, I just want my lyrics to be covered by others. I’m not a singer or a musician but I am passionate about writing about liberty related subjects and the cause.

I liked and shared the video and added to my favorites so hopefully that will translate into some more views. I also have some cool software that automates youtube which can help you get your vid out to more people. JJ3

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

17th June 2013 at 4:09 pm

71. sensetti says:

Well done C30 !!!

17th June 2013 at 9:46 pm

72. Bruce says:

That was great. If this tune gets spread around too much you may get a visit from the DHS. At least we will have a talented performer to enjoy while in FEMA camp. Keep it rolling.

17th June 2013 at 10:36 pm

73. backwardsevolution says:

Cynical 30 – incredibly great job! Nice voice, good lyrics and video. Well done!

What TPTB do not realize is that “power creates its own resistance,” and when people are pushed there is unleashed great passion. When you think about it, most of the great works of art have come out of periods of great turmoil.

Anyway, keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing.

17th June 2013 at 1:03 am

74. Welshman says:

Cynical;

Kind of like Muck, had to listen and watch a couple of times. These fast moving clips short me out, but it was very well done. I liked it better with the sound off LOL, as I am old. You put a lot of effort ilnto the video and I did spot the Admin. I will give you a “Thata Boy”, which my wife gives me when I do something she appreciates. People watching the video got a point blank in your face of the ugly side of our empire.

17th June 2013 at 8:44 am