Tomorrow is Tuesday. I will get up at 5:15 am, shower, shave, feed the cats, make a pot of coffee, get my kids up for school, make my lunch, get in my car, drive to work, curse at a few assholes on the Schuylkill Expressway, say no to people asking for more money all day, warn my boss about impending doom, get back in my car and drive home, curse a few more assholes in West Philly, eat dinner, watch a couple Seinfeld reruns, pick up my son from his driver’s ed class, browse the comments on TBP, and go to bed between 10:00 and 10:30.
If the government is shutdown, how will I possibly get through my day?
Remember the fear mongering stories in the MSM about the horrible impact of the sequester? The world would end if spending was slowed by a fraction of a percent. The country was going to be overrun by our foreign enemies. White House tours had to be cancelled. Air traffic controllers would be fired and planes would be crashing around the country. Has the sequester impacted your life one iota? It did keep the annual deficit from surpassing $1 trillion again, which Obama is now taking credit for.
I do have a few questions about this doom scenario of government drones not spending my money for a few days.
- Does a government shutdown mean the NSA won’t be spying on us while the government is closed?
- Will we have to ground our predator drones and not kill innocent women and children for a day or two?
- Will we make our troops stand down in all the countries we are currently attacking?
- Will the recharging of EBT cards not take place tomorrow in West Philly? If so, I will take a different route to work.
- Will they stop taking Federal income taxes, SS taxes, and Medicare taxes out of my paycheck because the government won’t be processing them anyway?
- If a government drone doesn’t go to work, does anyone notice?
I sure hope I can sleep tonight knowing that my government won’t be watching over me and protecting me from terrorists tomorrow.
Do you think anyone cares? anyone? anyone? Bueller?