MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM TBP TO YOU

Posted on 24th December 2013 by Administrator in Economy |Politics |Social Issues

, ,

Before I enter the two day whirlwind of family and friends coming and going at the Quinn household, I wanted to post a Christmas greeting and thank you to all TBP readers, members, contributors, and commentors, who have contributed to this truth seeking effort. I read many other excellent blogs, but only TBP has the kind of intelligent, funny, and sometimes nasty commentary that is both entertaining and informative. I think the average IQ and social intelligence of the average TBP reader/commentor is far above what you will find among the unwashed masses. There are a few dolts among our members, and they know who they are (bb). I know you have taught me far more than I’ve taught others.

Personally this was an extremely heart breaking year for me and my family as we lost my father-in-law Ray Romano, my young niece Jen Romano, and my son’s best friend Tyler Rizol far too soon. These tragic deaths, along with other family medical issues, made this one of the saddest years of our lives. But life must go on. The entire Romano clan will gather at our house today and we’ll honor the memories of the patriarch and my niece. We’ll light three candles on the center island as a remembrance of those we’ve lost.

I’ve had plenty of issues with the site this year and had to switch server companies for the 3rd time. The technical side of running a website is not interesting to me. The site loading problems and attacks from outside parties (yes NSA- I mean you) almost convinced me to throw in the towel. But, it seems some patchwork done by a couple new vendors has fixed the issues. That, and paying ten times as much for my server as I did in previous years, has allowed people to actually log-on and read the site.

TBP will end up 2013 with over 5 million visitors. That’s not bad for a blog I do in my spare time, with most of the articles written on my laptop while I sit in bed watching Duck Dynasty (just kidding). Sometimes the daily grind of keeping the site interesting can wear me down. I’m particularly crotchety on those days. I really appreciate when the other great contributors post their insights. It takes the load off my shoulders. AWD, Stuck, Harry P, and the other regular contributors are all owed a round of applause for their effort.

Lastly, I’d like to thank all of the generous readers who have supported TBP with their kind donations. I would like to list everyone by name, but I think most want to be anonymous. I’ve kept every letter and envelope that has ever been sent to me. They are piled up next to my computer. That will make it much easier for DHS to track you down when they kick in my door and take me away to the FEMA blogger camp.

I hope the readers of TBP have learned something over the last four years. I consider my efforts to be a crusade on behalf of my three sons and their future unborn children. I try to stay focused on the big picture and not be distracted by the day to day minutia from the propaganda arm of the establishment. I think we’ve opened the eyes of some people. I think we are starting to turn the tide. I think we’re on the right side of history. A tipping point will be reached and I don’t think it is too far away. I’ll keep slogging away and seeking the truth. There isn’t much more I can do.

Thank you for keeping this place interesting. I hope you all have a joyous fun-filled Christmas. There will be plenty of time for doom in the new year. For now, just enjoy the embrace of your family and tell them you love them.

1. bman says:

thanks Jim for all you do running this site! to you and all the other TBP’s have a Merry Christmas.

24th December 2013 at 8:32 am

2. Welshman says:

Thanks for everything Jim, and have a good Xmas bash.

24th December 2013 at 8:40 am

3. Bostonbob says:

Merry Christmas Admin. May you and your family have a wonderful day and cherish the time with your family. Merry Christmas to all your readers and contributors.
    Bob.

24th December 2013 at 8:55 am

4. card802 says:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a great year of more doom and gloom….

24th December 2013 at 9:01 am

Can you imagine life without TBP??

I sure as heck can’t!!!!

TBP ….. Jim, TeresaE, AWD, SSS, llpoh, juan …. and the rest of our many old-time beloved regulars …. and the new ones like Billy ……… without you all, I would be INSANE today.

God bless each and every one of you. (That goes for you too, Muck!)

24th December 2013 at 9:54 am

6. bluestem says:

Remember, Jesus is the reason for the season! John

24th December 2013 at 10:26 am

7. TPC says:

” I wanted to post a Christmas greeting and thank you to all TBP readers, members, contributors, and commentors, who have contributed to this truth seeking effort.”

I read “commentors” as “tormentors.” Your way works too though.

Have a good vacation all.

24th December 2013 at 10:39 am

Fuck yall for forgetting me. (jk). Merry Christmas, (really it’s the feast of Sol Invictus) and a happy Nowruz to everyone. Even the jews among us.

This has been a tumultuous year for me as well. I almost fucked everything and joined a hippie commune, then this french company that I’d never heard of contacted me through a head hunter and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, so I quickly packed up my shit and moved 2,000 away to strange land called Texas.

I share a large house here in a posh neighborhood with a divorced lady who has three boyfriends, neither of which knows anything about the other. For some reason she feels the need to tell me all about the strange, but interesting details of her personal life. She is a true Texan and has never lived north of Interstate 10.

Ahura Mazda only knows what next year will bring…

24th December 2013 at 10:44 am

9. ragman says:

Admin: thanks for the best website anywhere! To the rest of you reprobates: Merry Crimmus!

24th December 2013 at 10:49 am

10. Leobeer says:

Merry Christmas to all from Thailand.
    000_Hkg6746122_Thailand_Christmas_23DEC11-878×631-750×539.jpg

24th December 2013 at 10:56 am

11. AKAnon says:

Merry Christmas to TBP STM. Jim, thanks for all you do and especially kind wishes to the Quinn/Romano clan. I’ll be thinking about y’all tonight at my family get-together.

24th December 2013 at 10:56 am

12. Leobeer says:

Trying that again.

000_Hkg6746122_Thailand_Christmas_23DEC11-878×631-750×539.jpg

24th December 2013 at 10:57 am

13. Leobeer says:

LvEs0LXaflm8xdCyAmPO4hwxJ6pcoerUhJ3fAeiI7Nvlm19wYEuWocKUEk2VBmjc_LurWMc=s118

24th December 2013 at 11:00 am

14. Billy says:

@ AWD

OH MY GOD!!

Is that a UFO in the background?

To the rest of y’all… Fröliche Weinachten…

th?id=H.4825371208384671&pid=15.1

24th December 2013 at 11:03 am

15. sensetti says:

From Gods Country and a Southern Redneck………Merry Christmas to one and all !!!!!!
    649adfbf0f7df966da1bb3e074d8ddd8.jpg0e1f7227-2387-4de0-b076-f1361213e743.jpg

24th December 2013 at 11:06 am

16. AKAnon says:

Billy-What, there is a background?

24th December 2013 at 11:08 am

17. Bostonbob says:

Billy just for you, a black guy even you might like.

Bob.

24th December 2013 at 11:21 am

18. Bostonbob says:

German Christmas carols are my favorite.
    Bob.

24th December 2013 at 11:23 am

19. Billy says:

@ Stucky

You’re right. We didn’t have Advent Calendars…

But my son does. The missus makes sure to make that phone call back to the Fatherland to get that care package of chocolate and other stuff, every year..

Nikolaustag is also celebrated in our household…

And yeah, I miss Germany sometimes… I remember my last New Year there. I walked outside through the snow that New Year’s morning and it was bright and sunny and cloudless. Stuttgart just sparkled and then, like it was choreographed, every church bell in town started ringing at the same time…

24th December 2013 at 11:36 am

“German Christmas carols are my favorite.” ———- Bostonbob

After Stille Nacht and O Tannenbaum, this is my favorite.

“O du Fröhliche” by the Vienna Boys’ Choir

24th December 2013 at 11:42 am

21. Ed P. says:

What does FSofA mean?

24th December 2013 at 11:45 am

“Nikolaustag is also celebrated in our household… ” ——– Billy

The more I read your stuff, the more I like you. Really.

It was a big holiday in our home also. It also helps that my first name is Nikolaus. Really.

24th December 2013 at 11:46 am

“What does FSofA mean?”

Fascist States of America.
    Free Shitters of America.

Take your pick. Context matters.

24th December 2013 at 11:48 am

24. Billy says:

Hey Stucky,

Remember this?

th?id=H.4950470727961313&pid=15.1

24th December 2013 at 11:52 am

25. a cruel accountant says:

Merry Christmas!

24th December 2013 at 12:02 pm

26. Bostonbob says:

Those Germans, not only good engineers, but great singers.
    Bob.

24th December 2013 at 12:04 pm

27. Peaceout says:

Merry Christmas to Admin and all the contributors, posters, commentators that make this blog a special place. Although I don’t comment much I do read most everything that is posted on the site. I appreciate all the efforts by everybody, the information you all provide, the insights, opinions and daily hilarity and of course the shitfests that make this site the most diverse blog on the internet. I raise a glass of holiday cheer and wish you all the best for the holidays and the coming year!

– Peaceout

24th December 2013 at 12:14 pm

28. dilligaf says:

Thanks admin!

Merry Christmas to all you shit flingers!

24th December 2013 at 12:16 pm

29. Bostonbob says:

Merry Christmas to all,

Bob

24th December 2013 at 12:16 pm

30. Bostonbob says:

Click on the above video it is not what you think.

Bob.

24th December 2013 at 12:18 pm

31. sensetti says:

65cfaeda887fa6fe932adc0a13d86f93.jpg

24th December 2013 at 12:46 pm

32. A. R. Wasem says:

Jim – You’re one of the lights in the darkness; best wishes for this Christmas Season (remember that Three Kings Day isn’t until Jan. 6) and for the New Year. Merry Christmas and (B)est (C)onstitutional-(L)ibertarian (R)egards to all

24th December 2013 at 1:00 pm

33. Billy says:

@ Stucky

I remember salamanders!! From my grandfather!

(Trust me, this links in with salamanders)

My great grandfather, the one with the bookbinderies, well he retired and wanted to pass the business on to my grandfather. Gramps had no interest in running the company, so it fell to my great uncle Hans. Hans immediately ran the company into the ground, then sold it, then pissed the money away…

Gramps, meanwhile, used to work covering the best books with leather (while he was working there). He was seriously talented. After he left the company, he went to work for a company that made high-end luggage out of exotic leathers. He was cross-trained as a cobbler, so he also used to repair our shoes when they became worn..

Which is how I know about salamanders.

By the way, I inherited all of gramps’ tools… all his leatherworking tools and bookbinding tools… I’ve dabbled with them, just to get a feel for them. Also have some books on shoe and boot making… everything from “how to stitch” to making your own lasts and your own tools… which is doubly weird since the Missus? Her dad is a shoemaker back in Stuttgart…

Wheels within wheels… I’m starting to think everything is connected in some weird way, but I haven’t seen the pattern yet…

24th December 2013 at 1:05 pm

34. Wyoming Mike says:

Merry Christmas James! Best wishes to Avalon & family.

24th December 2013 at 1:32 pm

35. Jb says:

The Burning Platform – A wonderful site, by an incredibly insightful writer.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

24th December 2013 at 1:37 pm

Germans are weird. Look at this candy for example. Does this look like a lime fucking a lemon or what?search?safe=off&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1267&bih=604&q=german+candy&oq=german+candy&gs_l=img.3..0l10.7020.8767.0.9656.12.11.0.1.1.0.94.686.11.11.0….0…1ac.1.32.img..1.11.608.d68VwBnO7l4#hl=en&q=maoam+candy&safe=off&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=A8eWrBVroKghqM%3A%3BmTEVs1ZQJNv_CM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.boingboing.net%252Ffilesroot%252F_images_news_maoam_lemon.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fboingboing.net%252F2009%252F08%252F27%252Ffather-blames-others.html%3B350%3B263

24th December 2013 at 2:14 pm

admin said:
    “That will make it much easier for DHS to track you down when they kick in my door and take me away to the FEMA blogger camp.”

I think you have your sights set a bit high. You’ll be taken away to the FEMA “pound you in the ass” camp but if thinking about it as a “blogger camp” helps…….

Merry Christmas to you Jim. Your work and efforts are appreciated. Also Merry Christmas to Avalon your children and the entire extended Quinn tribe.
    I_S

24th December 2013 at 2:16 pm

38. Jay says:

I came across this site in October and have visited it everyday since. Instinctually, I had already turned against the Establishment in the summer of 2013 but couldn’t exactly pinpoint why I no longer was proud to be an American. All I knew was that 9-11 was a false flag and our senseless wars in the Middle East were only benefitting the war profiteers. After coming to this site, the Establishment’s corruption all fit together like a complex puzzle, yet made sense.

This site is definitely the shit and I think historians will look back at the alternative media during this era and commend the true patriots for speaking out against the MSM and the ruling class.

24th December 2013 at 2:35 pm

Swaddled in Baby Gap, little Jesus appears to be crying.

Mary tries to gently rock him in her hands, certainly a great moment to remind viewers that you are in good hands with Allstate.

The carpenter Joseph is trying to protect Mary and Jesus, he could certainly use the system he just won from our sponsor ADT.

The cow you see behind them is brought to you by ConAgra, the donkey by Halliburton.

The angels on high in the sky, magnificent 3D computer generated imagery, are from Pixar.

There were reports of shepherds in the area but ICE agents stopped and frisked them and are now herding them to the Fox Newsroom.

CNN experts are talking about the shepherds and talking about the shepherds and talking about the shepherds and talking about the shepherds ….

MSNBC libtards are foaming at the mouth over mixing religion with … well, religion.

Democrats have brought loads of free shit … frankincense, gold, myrrh, and Baby Jeebus’ weight in Food Stamps.

Republicans are giving the gift of Big Cutbacks … a shredder to cut up the food stamps …. insisting that Mary and Joseph become more self reliant.

Goldman Sachs promises a Big Donation so that Mary and Joe’s next baby will be born in better circumstances ….. but then retracts the promise when they realize Jeebus will eventually condemn them to everlasting hell.

Amerikan drones bomb the nearby fields killing Three Wise Kings … just for the helluvit. Amerika apologizes and promises to look into it. 2,000 years later America is still droning the shit out of the area.

Benjamin Netanyajoo’s great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather, Herod, tries to fuck-up Christianity by killing Jeebus. He fails. 2,000 years later, Christian America is fucked up by Netanyajoo.

Walmart sets up a booth and advertises mangers at 50% discount.

Mary and Joseph weep.

24th December 2013 at 2:50 pm

Yup. Modified somewhat from an article on Counterpunch.

24th December 2013 at 3:02 pm

No nativity scenes, no comments about gays allowed, change name of Christmas because it’s offensive to Godless liberals. It’s good to know some things are still allowed

Gay Pride!

Alabama Residents Outraged Over Drag Queen Dance Group’s Routine During Christmas Parade

24th December 2013 at 3:03 pm

42. Enormous Headache says:

Jim, keep on rocking in the free world, as long as it lasts! You do a great service for freedom, but please burn those envelopes. I’m trying to stay one step ahead of DHS………

24th December 2013 at 3:19 pm

T4C, someone needs to tell I_S that cocker spaniels are worthless, annoying, needy and brain-dead before he makes a huge mistake.

24th December 2013 at 3:46 pm

44. Me No Likey says:

TBP and Zero Hedge most kick-ass websites of all time…

24th December 2013 at 4:08 pm

I_S, my former girlfriend had one of those fuckers. It was spoiled and would whine every time we were eating. It was constantly underfoot in the kitchen. If it got outside without a leash, it would just run off. I hated that worthless piece of shit and daydreamed that I would kick it through a football goal post and shout, “Three points!!!”

24th December 2013 at 4:35 pm

46. BOOSH! says:

Merry Christmas Jim. Even though Thanksgiving has passed, I’m thankful every day for all of the work you put into this site. My New Years resolution is to send you a few articles to help ease your work load for this site.

Here’s some music I think we can all agree on:

Merry Christmas and Happy (belated) Hanukkah to everyone that has taken the time to add a little joy here in the comments section.

24th December 2013 at 4:47 pm

“My New Years resolution is to send you a few articles to help ease your work load for this site.”
    ————- BOOSH!

+100

That should be EVERYONE’S goal this year. If every regular here posted JUST ONE article per week, that would be such a load off Admin’s schedule. Please participate.

24th December 2013 at 4:54 pm

48. AKAnon says:

Enormous Headache-You didn’t use your real return address, did you? Rookie move.

24th December 2013 at 5:07 pm

49. sensetti says:

AWD that’s funny as shit, poor ole bb takes it in the ass everytime. LOL

24th December 2013 at 5:19 pm

Zara, much like kids, it’s all in how ya raise ‘em! Our dogs have never begged because nothing they ever eat comes from our plates or dinner table. People food is not good for dogs (or people) and they are NEVER conditioned to expect anything we are eating because they NEVER receive anything we eat. Our dogs have always been happy to go out and play or even take a nap when we eat.

Train your dogs correctly and they will fantastically behaved companions. Let them rule the roost and they will train their owners. Dogs are hierarchical pack animals. They will gladly assume dominance if you allow it.

Sounds like your friends Cocker was never trained correctly. I can make any breed of dog behave as you describe with almost no effort. It takes a bit of effort, patience and a lot of consistency to train a dog properly. Just like kids!
    I_S

24th December 2013 at 5:37 pm

51. sensetti says:

Merry Christmas to Zeeee

cf69a71f3148df0cd37005ce75bbc2da.jpg

24th December 2013 at 5:54 pm

52. Llpoh says:

I am filled with the Christmas spirits, so everyone who posted something that pissed me off today gets a free pass. I really am an old softie!

Merry Christmas, all you monkeys!

24th December 2013 at 6:01 pm

Llpoh says:
    “I am filled with the Christmas spirits,”

Peyote, weed and whiskey are not Christmas spirits llpoh!
    I_S

24th December 2013 at 6:08 pm

54. juan says:

Zarathustra says:

“Fuck yall for forgetting me.”

Stuck’s comment followed eFarmer’s pic, I imagine he was tongue tied. It’s going to be a nice Xmas after all, what with those nice pics, thanks, everybody.

24th December 2013 at 6:10 pm

55. Llpoh says:

IS – I had those first. Helps me deal with the inlaws.

24th December 2013 at 6:11 pm

56. juan says:

I wondered how llpoh could be so lovable at times, now I know, it’s his man-kiva time.

24th December 2013 at 6:39 pm

57. Big Tom says:

Merry Christmas admin , and everyone who participates in this ongoing saga of the American dream.

May all be well and happy in their circumstance and remember, you can only be as happy as you let yourself be

BT

24th December 2013 at 6:49 pm

Keeping in line with the at many times DELIGHTFUL….sometimes…well, borderline sick, occasionally sophomoric, frequently POIGNANT, regularly CREATIVE, and last but most importantly, recurrently FUNNY pics and gifs that have and are being posted @ TBP, these are my holiday contributions. Wishing everyone a lovely, heartwarming Christmas.
    —-T4C describing the people who visit and comment on TBP

I took the liberty of capitalizing the adjectives that I am sure T4C was using when she thought of me as she wrote that. Heh.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Avalon, Jim, their sons and family …….. and to the rest of you and your families also. The educational and entertainment value of this site can best be described on many occasions in just two words: “Now, what?” Cheers, folks.

24th December 2013 at 7:44 pm

59. Old Buck says:

24th December 2013 at 8:13 pm

60. juan says:

Feliz Navidad a todos los lectores de TBP en Latino America de parte de el blog mas honesto y divertido que te ofrece la verdad, a veces amarga, pero endulzada y sazonada con el buen sentido de humor de JIm Quinn y los comentaristas conocidos como monos lanza heces.

24th December 2013 at 8:54 pm

61. bb says:

AWD ,those pictures very much sum up the last couple of days.I am with my friend and his children at his house.I really enjoy Christmas.HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

24th December 2013 at 8:57 pm

They’re still here.

The house is trashed.

More just arrived.

I’m running out of beer.

Send help.

24th December 2013 at 10:22 pm

I’m running out of beer.

Send help. -admin

i offer you a song….
    B double E double R

All you need is a ten and a fiver car key and a sober driver.

24th December 2013 at 10:34 pm

64. sensetti says:

Admin if you’ve been drinking take your horse don’t drive.

4fd6bb3f70c4b23c57a733fd22c1e4ff.jpg

24th December 2013 at 10:34 pm

Admin, my housemate served homemade eggnog. It took her over an hour to make it. I tried to learn the recipe, but by the time the wild turkey kicked in, I spaced out and missed it. Viva la South!

24th December 2013 at 10:38 pm

I gotta say something else. Maybe my situation is unique but these (or at least this) southern women know how to cater to men. I mean we’re not in any sort of personal relationship…as if she needs a 4th boyfriend, but I am used to pitching in, even if it means just cleaning up; where I am from it is expected. Here, it is considered inconsiderate if I do nothing but sit on my ass and be served. I think I could get used to this (but it would take awhile for me to get over the guilt). The ironic part is that this chick grew up being catered by servants all of her life. She still has one today. I doubt that woman has ever touched a vacuum cleaner in her life.

24th December 2013 at 11:06 pm

Okay, I should probably clarify my living situation. I came out here from Oregon to work for a foreign company that didn’t know me and I didn’t know them. I did it because they wanted me enough to pay me a lot. However I didn’t want to commit to this place since I knew that if it didnt work out for whatever reason, there was no way in hell that I would be staying here. I knew nobody here and had never been here before.

So, I didn’t move my shit out here (although it would have been completely paid for). Instead I placed an ad in craigslist. I said a bit about who I am and what my situation is. I said I wanted a houseshare and that I wanted my own private space as well as complete run of the house. I said that I expected this to last for a year or so until I got acclimated. I also said that money wasn’t an object of concern. I had two quality responses and chose this one (It wasn’t an easy decision). I figured there were probably upscale couples or singles who were struggling to maintain their lifestyles and would be willing to compromise them if it meant sharing their abode with a quiet, middle aged, educated person who has a good job. Turns out I was right. I could easily stay here for quite awhile…perhaps even until SHTF.

24th December 2013 at 11:21 pm

As a born ad bred southerner Avesta [Z], though she might not ask you to help do it anyway…

24th December 2013 at 11:25 pm

We are hospitable folk, Asher [Z] don’t take advantage of it. Treat them as you want to be treated. Do what you say and say what you do.

24th December 2013 at 11:32 pm

KB, We (I) are direct folk. When someone tells me to gtfo of the kitchen, I do it. When she isn’t around, I do some chores.

24th December 2013 at 11:39 pm

Z, I am telling you these folk might seem simple, do not compare simplicity with ignorance, and you will have no problem whatever your religion is they will defend your back.

Just relax, be truthful, driink ,yell at the sky, get mad at the government, and things will be copasetic.

But be hospitable.

24th December 2013 at 11:49 pm

Z, I guess I an going to have to spell this out.

Get out of the kitchen does not mean go sit on the sofa and drink beer.

TAKE YOUR ASS OUTSIDE AND MOW THE GRASS Or PULL SOME WEEDS, FIX THE GUTTER, CHANGE THE OIL IN THE CAR!

24th December 2013 at 11:55 pm

KB, St. Augustine grass rarely needs to be mowed, and when it does, it is done by our servants. Wtf, are you from the south or what?

25th December 2013 at 12:02 am

Then mow up the leaves Zman.

Servants? Do you really think this woman who has rented you space is a servant?

Man up Z.

25th December 2013 at 12:06 am

Do what needs to be done Z we dont do kings, imams, monarchs or lords here.

Perhaps sweat is foreign to you?

25th December 2013 at 12:08 am

25th December 2013 at 12:12 am

KB, you are clearly a redneck who has little knowledge of the southern aristocracy. It’s okay. We can’t all be from Alabama. -Pseudo Zoroaster.

Trollop.

25th December 2013 at 12:13 am

No Southerner worth his weight supports pseudo aretes or aristoi.

25th December 2013 at 12:16 am

*Z googling aristoi*

25th December 2013 at 12:20 am

*Z, avesta, asher [semite goddess of heaven] googling*

25th December 2013 at 12:21 am

Yeh, it is like that.

25th December 2013 at 12:24 am

82. Gayle says:

Merry Christmas to you all. I feel like you are friends as well as comrades in the ongoing cultural, political and economic wars. I predict a lot of people are going to come over to our side in 2014, and not because things will be getting rosier. Thanks Mr. Quinn for the hard work you do, and all the best to you.

25th December 2013 at 12:36 am

To you and yours Gayle.

Goodness.

25th December 2013 at 12:41 am

84. Gayle says:

Thanks KB. I’ll take it.

25th December 2013 at 3:18 am

There is a 21 year old non-relative sleeping on my couch next to the Christmas tree. Got to bed at 1:45 am. The beer held out. The cats had their own Christmas feast as they tore open the plastic bag with french bread inside and went to town while we were asleep. I’m guessing Avalon is going to regret doing shots with her son and his friends at midnight. I’ve got four lawn bags filled with bottles, cans, and general debris.

Merry Christmas to all.

25th December 2013 at 8:10 am

EF

Nice taps.

Are those 8 ouncers or 12 ouncers?

25th December 2013 at 8:12 am

87. Bostonbob says:

Admin
    Glad to hear you had a good time. Reminds me of the Christmas eve parties my parents for many years. We would often be cleaning up until 3 to 4 in the morning. My wife actually cried this morning she was so happy with our kids home just opening gifts and eating bacon. May you have a wonderful and blessed day.
    Bob.

25th December 2013 at 9:56 am

It’s 10:00 am and everyone is still asleep. It’s not like the old days with the kids waking up at 6:00 am and giddy with excitement about what Santa left them. The house is back in order and we’re on to my sister’s in a few hours – if the boys ever get up.

25th December 2013 at 10:02 am

Sounds like you had a good time. Down here in Redneck country, Christmas isn’t complete without a fist fight and/or the police being called (same for weddings).

Clark Sr.: “In years to come, you’ll want your children and your family to remember all the love you gave us, and how hard you tried to make the perfect Christmas.”
    Clark: “I just…”
    Clark Sr.: “You just cocked it up. It’s okay, it happens.”
    Clark: “All our holidays were such a mess.”
    Clark Sr.: “Oh yeah.”
    Clark: “How did you get through it?”
    Clark Sr.: “I had a lot of help from Jack Daniels.”

25th December 2013 at 10:28 am

90. Axel says:

Merry Christmas Jim
    You’ve touched many lives and awakened many. To me, you and your site are a modern version of Thomas Paine and Common Sense. Thank you. I feel as though I would lose touch with what’s REALLY happening in the world without your well written, insightful articles. Not to mention the subsequent contributions of your retinue of faithful shit throwing monkeys, of which I am proud to say I am one.

25th December 2013 at 6:04 pm

91. TeresaE says:

Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas, love and best wishes to you all.

25th December 2013 at 9:32 pm

92. juan says:

in the USA, a wedding marks the end of the unofficial honeymoon called ‘dating’ and Christmas day marks the end of Christmas. in Latin America, we are just getting started, there’s after Christmas shopping to be done, there are tamales, piñatas, buñuelos, champurrado, menudo to be made for new year’s and the rosca de reyes for the sixth of January – the day of the 3 wise men bearing gifts for kids.

25th December 2013 at 10:08 pm

93. backwardsevolution says:

Admin – you’re simply the best! The world is a better place – by far – because you are in it. I greatly value your mind, your mischievous nature, the wonderful writing, the humor. Thank you, Admin, and Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.

25th December 2013 at 11:29 pm

94. John says:

Merry Christmas.
    Your comment that:
    All I can say is that there will always be truth seekers.

26th December 2013 at 6:57 am