OBAMA WANTS A SNOWDEN SHOW TRIAL

Posted on 7th February 2014 by Administrator in Economy |Politics |Social Issues

, , ,

The interviewer notes that President Obama has said that Snowden has been charged with three felonies. The President went on to say, “if you, Edward Snowden, believe in what you did, you should come back to America and appear before the court with your lawyer and make your case.”

To this in the interview Snowden replies, “It’s interesting because he mentions three felonies. What he doesn’t say is that the crimes that he’s charged me with are crimes that don’t allow me to make my case; they don’t allow me to defend myself in an open court to the public and convince a jury that what I did was to their benefit.

The Espionage Act … was never intended to prosecute journalistic sources, people who are informing the newspapers about information that is in the public interest. It was intended for people who are selling documents in secret to foreign governments, who are bombing bridges, who are sabotaging communications, not for people who are serving the public good. So it’s, I would say illustrative, that the president would choose to say that someone should face the music when he knows that the music is a show trial.”

1. ragman says:

Three felonies? Ok, lets charge him with three felonies and while we’re at it, charge the HNIC with treason, impeach and convict his sorry ass and let him spend the rest of his miserable fucking life in federal prison.

7th February 2014 at 8:43 am

2. Iska Waran says:

“Appear before the court”. Yeah, good one, Obama. There won’t be any going to court. Snowden will perish in a car crash like Michael Hastings or from a heart attack like Breitbart or poisoning like the guy who did the autopsy on Breitbart. Or “suicide” like Vince Foster. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

7th February 2014 at 9:23 am

3. Axel says:

Aw hell, we ALL commit 3 felonies a day we don’t even know about.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

7th February 2014 at 9:30 am

Come appear before a secret court, with secret motives and with evidence that is also a secret.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

7th February 2014 at 11:41 am

5. Westcoaster says:

Snowden is a Patriot in the truest sense. He has provided the documents to prove the NSA to be liars along with those who support the NSA.
    All this spying is unconstitutional and all those involved should be the ones on trial, not Edward Snowden who proved their crimes to the world.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

7th February 2014 at 3:32 pm

6. Econman says:

The president’s commited so many crimes against the USA that we’ve lost count & he calls a patriot a criminal?

What a hypocrite. Btw, you can keep your health plan! I guarantee it!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

7th February 2014 at 8:09 pm

7. flash says:

and Obamey’s likely choice for judge and jury would be Peter (The IRA are Freedom Fighters) King .

1497717_573438786063615_1537211572_n.jpg