50 REASONS WHY STUCKY KICKS ASS!

Posted on 13th February 2014 by IndenturedServant in Economy

Stucky kicks ASS because he:
1. Makes me laugh. You should re-tell the CO2 alarm story.
2. Is Da Judge.
3. Is fair.
4. Loves his Mama.
5. Loves his Papa.
6. Loves his seester even though she’s a Libtard. (or something like that)
7. Is the interwebs searching MASTER!
8. Is Austrian.
9. Loves his son
10. Genuinely cares about people.
11. Hates copfuks.
12. Coined the term copfuks.
13. Has big floppy moobs.
14. Pulls no punches.
15. Admits his mistakes.
16. Cares about Mrs. Freud.
17. Promised not to read posts by the bearded one.
18. Contributes to the awesomeness of TBP with numerous posts.
19. Uses the “word” Moran.
20. Hates Joisey.
21. Knows The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.
22. Teaches me about natural health remedies.
23. Likes to “poke the bear” meaning courthouse guards and admin.
24. Reliably ruffles SSS feathers.
25. Always tries to be a better man.
26. Is the Doppel MASTER.
27. Is the Doppel MASTER. He’s so good I had to mention it twice.
28. Suckered me in as PhD in Geology.
29. I’m still not certain that he is not bb and El Coyote deep undercover.
30. Hates Oreo.
31. Hates Mooshell.
32. Is the Big Dogs Big Dog.
33. Es muy guapo.
34. Is a Boomer!
35. Took the Red Pill.
36. Has a great sense of humor.
37. Wished me well when I had ankle surgery.
38. Is going to borrow his sisters phone to call that number he saw on the bathroom wall.
39. Served in the BEST branch of the US Military…….The U.S.A.F.!
40. Lightens admin’s load by posting articles.
41. Will secretly read the bearded ones posts and eventually blow a gasket and comment on one.
42. Frequently blows his own cover while doppeling.
43. Goes to a gay wedding and is a good sport about it.
44.  IS going to send me one troy ounce of silver!
45. Lacks discipline.
46. Shares recipes with the STM.
47. Embraces the DOOM.
48. Always says something I want to read.
49. Considers me a big dog even though I’ll never make that claim.
50. Is still a kid at heart.

1. dilligaf says:

51. is a snail.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 9:46 am

2. Bostonbob says:

52. Like to cook.
    53. Likes to eat.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 9:52 am

3. Thinker says:

Damn, I_S, you beat me to it. I was only at 40.

So this was a difficult “assignment” for me. But once I got started, thinking about what I appreciate about Stucky, I realized that many of these things apply to a few people on this site — Admin, I_S, SSS (a few of them, anyway), Muck, AWD, Billy, Hope@ZK.

So, while dedicated to Stuck, this is for other TBPers, too. You know who you are. And who you aren’t.

1. You are YOU – unique, one-of-a-kind you and your being here makes it a better place.
    2. You are generous. Generous people always have more to give.
    3. There is no right or wrong way. Your interpretation = your experience. But you’re open to new ideas, thoughts and opinions.
    4. You have everything you need to succeed.
    5. You make a difference.
    6. You take each day at a time, and appreciate whatever it is that comes your way.
    7. You celebrate life. Both the good, and the bad.
    8. You know what good, deep, belly-busting laughter feels like.
    9. You can direct said laughter at yourself, rather than others.
    10. You frequently induce this kind of laughter in the rest of us.
    11. People are cheering you on. Most of the time, you don’t even know they’re doing it.
    12. People admire you and strive to be more like you. Again, most of the time, you don’t even realize it.
    13. You know good, truly good food exists, and you appreciate that it feeds the soul more than anything else.
    14. You’ve made it through hellish life experiences and came out the other side stronger, wiser and all the better for it.
    15. You share these experiences with us.
    16. You find opportunities to learn everywhere, and you take the time to share those with us.
    17. You’ve found a way to have love, contentment and companionship in your life. That takes sacrifice and patience, which is more difficult than most know.
    18. You are trusted and respected. By people who have never even met you.
    19. You try to find ways to “touch” people every day, and make their lives a little better.
    20. You live with integrity, you have principles. You stand up for those.
    21. You share your passion for life – and all kinds of other things – with us. Somehow, that makes us search for what we can be more passionate about.
    22. You evolve. Constantly.
    23. You are healthy. You nurture your body, which nutures your mind and soul. It is a joy to watch.
    24. You are good enough. More than good enough. But you don’t realize it yet.
    25. You are not so dazzled by the talents of others than you fail to express our own gifts.
    26. You know how to charm most everyone, including sour-faced sheriffs and lousy bloggers.
    27. You have the ability to smile, no matter how tough things may be.
    28. You make the rest of us smile with your silliness, wit and good humor.
    29. You know how to kill stuff. If you don’t know how to kill it, you sure know how to cook it. Either one works for us.
    30. You put yourself out there. You get bashed like a whack-a-mole. You shrug it off and keep going. We can all learn from you.
    31. You still appreciate sunrises. And rainbows. And all those other, little things that most people are too jaded to appreciate any more. You see beauty in all things. Well, most things.
    32. You’re not afraid to call out ugly when you see it. Ugly behavior, ugly sentiment, ugliness of spirit. But you do it far less harshly than some of us would.
    33. You still have dreams. And you work to make them happen.
    34. You are independent. You don’t “need” anyone. Yet you still grace us with your ability to make us feel interesting, wanted and appreciated.
    35. You can bow out, take the day off, erase your energy leaks… and the world will still keep spinning.
    36. You know, deep down, that being jealous of others is a sign to make a change in your own life.
    37. You cry. For all the right reasons. And you’re not afraid to admit it.
    38. You know how to let go of limiting beliefs. You try to help others do the same.
    39. You say hello to strangers.
    40. You make each of us better for having known you.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 24 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 9:55 am

Ohmigod!!!!!! I’m left speechless! I am greatly HUMBLED and most APPRECIATIVE of your kind words. Wow.

Big Dog profusely blushing.
    giphy.gif

I hope my supporters bb, Clams, and Nonanonymous stop by and weigh in.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 34 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 10:00 am

Thinker

Wow. You also. Just blew me away with that.

My only goals since my first post here a long time ago …… one that quickly evolved into me wanting to beat up Admin, my oh my how much things have changed since then …. have been 1) have something interesting to say, 2) be funny, 3) be helpful whenever possible, and 4) Stir Shit when appropriate. That’s about it.

Your words warmed the cockles of my heart. And I don’t even know what cockles are, or if I have one.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 21 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 10:21 am

6. Thinker says:

Glad I posted it then. It really is true, though we don’t often take the time away from shit-throwing around here to let people know how much a difference they make. You, especially.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 10:33 am

7. Treemagnet says:

Okay I know tomorrow’s valentines and all, but unless your looking for banner ads from hallmark and ftd, we gotta be careful here……

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 10:33 am

8. Wip says:

ADMIN

Concerning the content policy, why not fuck google and just go all out as an adult site disguised as an economic blog? Won’t you be able to get other types of ad revenue?

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 4 Thumb down 4

13th February 2014 at 10:38 am

9. TeresaE says:

Another reason is because I think of him as my friend.

He is sweet and silly, kind and vicious, and is part of the fabric of this site.

As well as many others.

Happy Valentines Day friends.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 17 Thumb down 1

13th February 2014 at 11:51 am

10. bb says:

Thinker ,you really think billy b bob from Kentucky is all those things?Ever got into a argument with him?Billy in his own eyes has all knowledge about all things and if need be can kill Godzilla with a slingshot but he considers himself humble.He thinks God.didn’t do a very good job as creator and should start over because this world just sucks.I am sure he thinks he could do a better job with management of the universe and of all creatures on the planet .Billy thinks if only God would let him take his place this would truly be a wonderful world.#41-billy has pride the size of the Himalayan mountains.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 13

13th February 2014 at 12:22 pm

11. Thinker says:

“Does Billy fit any of those things?”

Yeah, he does, and that’s why I specifically mentioned him. Billy shares his knowledge and experience with us. He takes one day at a time and appreciates what comes his way. He’s lived through hell but found a way to become stronger for it. He finds opportunity to learn everywhere. He has found contentment in his life. He lives with integrity, has principles and isn’t afraid to stand up for them. He knows how to kill stuff (maybe a little too well, but hey, we like that). He can still appreciate the little things in life: a tree, the view over a rolling hill, the sound of geese on his pond, the power of a simple blackboard. He listens to others here and answers questions honestly. People admire him even though we’ve never met him.

Sadly, the same can’t be said for you.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

13th February 2014 at 12:43 pm

What they said, that’s an extensive list, but it’s all true. It’s great having Stuck around. His insight is always funny and spot-on. He’s had set-backs in his life, but keeps on going and contributing, which is an inspiration. This place wouldn’t be the same without him.

I’m posting a picture of Stuck and Admin, but I don’t yet have their permission, so it may be deleted:

Stuck
    OWSwithFuckBankerssign.jpg

Admin
    nyc123.jpg

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 17 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 12:52 pm

13. bb says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 17

13th February 2014 at 1:26 pm

14. bb says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 2 Thumb down 17

13th February 2014 at 1:34 pm

15. bb says:

Billy ,come out from hiding and play ball. I know you want too.I promise I will be nice and want hurt your PRIDE.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 1 Thumb down 9

13th February 2014 at 1:40 pm

16. TPC says:

@Stucky – I came here with the express purpose of boomer bashin’, and while I still may target them from time to time guys like you and LLPOH (not SSS, he’s GI generation I believe) have managed to change my mind.

By the way, this is as maudlin as I will ever get whilst sober.

PS: bb tries to fit in, and still manages to slam the door on this own face.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 1:51 pm

17. Billy says:

“For all you know billy could be an serial killer” — bb

This thread is about Stuck and his awesomeness, not me… but I will entertain you for a bit…

Funny you should mention the serial killer thing. I looked up the “profile” of a serial killer and I don’t fit any of it…

- Generally having an average or low-average IQ. (Nope… sorry to disappoint you, but I’m smarter than the average bear..)

- Often, they have trouble staying employed and tend to work in menial jobs. (Again, sorry.)

- They were often abused. (Nope. Mama and Daddy had their issues, but I was a happy kid..)

- Fetishism, partialism and necrophilia. (Ewww! That’s just… fuckin’ EWW!)

- A disproportionate number exhibit one, two, or all three of the Macdonald triad =
    1. Many are fascinated with fire setting. (Fires are awesome, but I don’t go out of my way to set them. Sorry.)

2. They are involved in sadistic activity, like torturing animals. (Dude, I feel bad if my shot doesn’t kill the animal instantly. We gotta eat, but that don’t mean the critter has to suffer.. that’s just wrong).

3.More than 60 percent, or simply a large proportion, wet their beds beyond the age of 12. (LMFAO!! Nope… no Depends here, bb.. sorry).

- They were frequently bullied or socially isolated as children or adolescents.

(Here you might get some traction. My Daddy had me lifting freeweights when I was 11 years old. I was always bigger and stronger than the other kids, but Mama, a good Catholic, always told me NOT to fight. That I was better than that. So, I didn’t act on the impulse to drive my fist through their face when I got picked on – they KNEW I wasn’t going to do anything. This lasted until the day I couldn’t take it anymore. One of the best days of my life, actually. After that? Not a peep.)

- Some were involved in petty crimes, such as theft, fraud, vandalism, dishonesty or similar offenses. (Again, nope. My record is sterling.)

Then there’s some blather about being a psychopath, but I really don’t think that applies since I don’t LACK empathy… I have a diminished capacity for empathy, especially ones I don’t know, but I don’t LACK it..

There’s other crap too, but I thought you’d like to know that no matter what you say, I won’t hunt you down and kill you in your sleep… you’re safe…

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 1

13th February 2014 at 2:16 pm

18. bb says:

T P C ,I never fit in anywhere so why start now .I just tell the truth and boy that makes people miserable..You warned me not to.get on your BAD side or you would do something.Can’t remember what it was but still looking forward to it .Look at it on the bright side when the communist finally take over I will probably be one of the first kill for my beliefs.You be rid of BB but then they will come for you.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 8

13th February 2014 at 2:21 pm

Ha! AWD posted that pic just to irritate me … showing folks my man boobs. FYI, for those new here, that pic was taken at Occupy Wall Street, NYC.

Been shoveling snow since my last post. Got the yardstick out … 16 inches. By the time I was done there was another inch. Now it turned into teeny tiny bits of ice, and blowing sideways. Gotta take a salt bath and go to my parent’s house, rinse and repeat.

—————

Thought I’d take a moment to post “Snow shoveling hints” for our readers in Dixie who are getting hammered, and may never have shoveled.

1. A GOOD shovel is most important. Those aluminum flat blades are crap. You want a scoop blade, also a curved handle is least stressful on the back. Like this;
    ergonomic-snow-shovels.jpg

2. One of the most frustrating aspects of shoveling is if the snow is wet … then it sticks to your shovel. Easy solution! Spray PAM cooking oil on the shovel … it’ll slide off faster than Clammy rejecting good advice. I’ve heard that car wax and Vaseline also work.

3. DON’T overdress. Shoveling is strenuous and you do not want to be sweating underneath your clothes. I think that’s a fast track to getting sick.

4. Go slow! It’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon. You’ll actually get done faster going at a pace you can handle easily, rather than going fast, taking a break, etc. And the same goes for the load. People think there’s some “rule” that says the-shovel-must-be-full. No. The load should be what you can handle easily. Your back will thank you.

5. ENJOY the experience! You have to do it, so why be miserable about it? Enjoy the solitude, the quietness, and the beauty of softly falling snow. I hum little ditties while shoveling. (“Fuck snow to hell” isn’t one of them.). Look forward to rewarding yourself with some pure decadence afterwards. Right now I’m sipping on some Blackberry Brandy and Butter-Raspberry cookies I made yesterday. Lots of cookies!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 2:21 pm

20. Billy says:

Nice moobs, Stucky!

What are you, a B cup?

And +1 on the snow shoveling tips… but I confess I did laugh when you said you all had 16 inches of snow… BAHH-HAHAHAHAH!!!!! I was just outside enjoying the sun with a cup o joe… all the snow we got will turn my fields into a giant mudpit, but meh.. they’ll dry.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 16 Thumb down 1

13th February 2014 at 2:28 pm

I always like that picture. Shows what a cheapskate you are.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 2:29 pm

“@Stucky – I came here with the express purpose of boomer bashin’, …… guys like you and LLPOH have managed to change my mind.” ————– TPC

Cool. Funny thing about that …….. you, and others have also caused be to significantly change my mind, as well.

But, I have seen my generation’s shortcomings in ways I NEVER would have, except for TBP. I appreciate that. I really really love people who open my eyes.

I’ve even learned much from Clammy. Honestly. And I will NEVER admit that again. I have kids in their 20′s … but politics is something we practically never discuss. One just doesn’t care about politics. The other has three kids and a family, so we talk about that. So, I have Clammy and some of you other youngsters. One has to dig through a lot of bullshit in her posts, but there are nuggets of gold in there. From time to time I try to see things through her eyes, and when I do, I can often find something of value. But, is IS hard work!

The Burning Platform has, more than anything else, been a Learning Platform, because just about all of us contribute from our own Fountain of Knowledge. Not sure about bb, though.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 2:39 pm

23. bb says:

Billy I understand this is about Stucky but truth is I find you to be much more tempting. I like bringing you out of your hole.Carry on.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 9

13th February 2014 at 2:39 pm

24. TPC says:

@Stucky – I wish I had her time, I’d love to contribute more to this website. Me and Calamity offer weirdly similar millenial viewpoints despite our wildly disparate life paths.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 2:49 pm

25. bb says:

Let me show all my sweet side.I.wish all of you a happy Valentine’s day.Now do something good for your wives.Don’t forget cause your wives will remember.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 7 Thumb down 4

13th February 2014 at 2:57 pm

26. sensetti says:

13th February 2014 at 3:00 pm

However, I also believe bb IS a regular poster doppleing , probably a Big Dog. Again, no can be that fucked up, unless it’s done on purpose. I hope that before I expire that this particular Mystery will be revealed.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 3:02 pm

28. Stephanie says:

That is never going to stop. GenX and Mills feel the same way about the Baby Boomers commemorating every year and event of their youth, the same way Boomers felt about the self boasting of the G.I. Generation. I am sure by the time the G.I. Gen started exiting the earth you were relieved to never hear about the Big Band Era, Swing dancing, the Roaring 20s, the Great Depression, and World War 2, and the great days of FDR.

I actually don’t wholehearted blame Boomers for all the ills of society. I do however point out the vast majority of arrogance and ignorance. Mostly applied to Social Security. The Boomers who like to put their fingers in their ears and sing la, la, la about Social Security deserve the scorn. The Boomers who are ignorant and vote in mass numbers against their own interest deserve the scorn.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 8 Thumb down 7

13th February 2014 at 3:17 pm

29. Sensetti says:

AWD regarding that pic you posted of Admin. Where is he at? He appears to be surrounded by bearded men of Middle Eastern decent. Did he think he was at a Ron Paul convention and instead wandered off into a Mosque?

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 3:26 pm

30. Econman says:

For #33, I think U meant Stucky “Es muy guano” or “Es mucho guano”. Corrected it for you. No charge.

13th February 2014 at 3:28 pm

31. Sensetti says:

What is the meaning of the above statement?

13th February 2014 at 3:39 pm

Sensetti

Admin’s the goofball holding up the “sign”. Lucky for him, he’s hidden behind the WordPress bar. You can right click and hit “view image”

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 3:39 pm

33. Econman says:

I know this comment isn’t about Stucky, but from Zerohedge

TARP Recipient BNP Paribas got $4.9bn of bailouts from the U.S. Taxpayer – Today, as the WSJ reports we learn BNP Paribas has been funding transactions in Iran, Syria and other countries subject to U.S. Sanctions since 2002. The bank set aside $1.1 billion to settle investigations by the Department of Justice and the Federal Reserve but as the NY Times reports, investigations are playing out on multiple fronts – centering on whether the firm did “a significant amount” of business in “blacklisted” countires (and routed the deals through the US financial system).

13th February 2014 at 3:40 pm

34. Sensetti says:

AWD I got the whole pic – look at the crowd

13th February 2014 at 3:40 pm

“I still hate it when people blame Boomers for basically ALL of our current ills.” ——- Me

“That is never going to stop.” ——– Stephanie

Well, that’s a damn shame. What good does it do, playing the Blame Game endlessly?? No good can come from this.
    “I am sure by the time the G.I. Gen started exiting the earth you were relieved to never hear about the Big Band Era, Swing dancing, the Roaring 20s, the Great Depression, and World War 2, and the great days of FDR. ” ——– Stephanie

My parents are from Europe so they didn’t have those experiences exactly. But I understand your point. It wasn’t that way for me. When my parents did talk about their past, I was glued to the chair. When their friends came over to talk about the good old days in the Old Country, I was glued to my chair. I knew my life was directly linked to their past, why wouldn’t I want to know all about it?

But, my own kids are just like you. Neither wants to know how things were in my youth. As far as they are concerned my life began at 27 and 29 …. my age when they were born. But, I know better.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 3:47 pm

“For #33, I think U meant Stucky “Es muy guano” or “Es mucho guano”. —– Econman

Me no speek Spanish.

However, I do know in English that “guano” means “bat shit”. So, I do have some minor concerns as to what that means. “He’s my batshit?” :He a big batshit?”

13th February 2014 at 3:53 pm

37. Stephanie says:

“When my parents did talk about their past, I was glued to the chair. When their friends came over to talk about the good old days in the Old Country, I was glued to my chair. I knew my life was directly linked to their past, why wouldn’t I want to know all about it?”

Not exactly the same thing. I too listened to my grandparents and parents personal accounts. I met quite a few veterans through school, and their stories were great. I even met one Pearl Harbor survivor who’s grandfather built my family’s house in 1870. That was a great conversation.

When it comes to the Baby Boomers, as a group, all of their youth was recorded. All the media stories and footage. That is what gets tiring. A generation of 70+ million who all believed they were at Woodstock, the DNC riots, protesting the Vietnam war, or fighting in Vietnam. When the truth is, only a fraction of that generation have first hand experience of those events. However the media likes to replay the Boomers decades on an endless loop. Every 5 to 10 years there is a remember when commemoration.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 3 Thumb down 5

13th February 2014 at 3:55 pm

“Stucky, Brandy and cookies undo all the exercise and calories burned while shoveling the snow.”
    ———- sensetti

Yup. And your point is?? Those bodacious tata’s don’t maintain themselves.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 3:58 pm

39. Stephanie says:

“Clam says The Boomers who are ignorant and vote in mass numbers against their own interest deserve the scorn.”

Sensetti- There are many that vote strictly because of political party. Regardless of the candidate and without knowing the candidate. There are some that have voted the same party for the past 50 years even if that party does not represent them. It is the mentality of I have always voted Republican/Democrat and I won’t vote any other way.

13th February 2014 at 3:58 pm

40. T4C says:

Laughter is TRULY the best medicine. When you have a natural talent for inducing laughter, chuckles, giggles, smiles…. you have very powerful tool. Humor can flip a dicey situation on its head; or crack the asshole demeanor of a…well, Asshole; or diffuse a volatile environment; or can heal. Humor does have a partner, and that is Timing.

You have both Stuckmeister. Congrats.

I’d post a shitload of amusing pics but…..shrug.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 3:59 pm

41. bb says:

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 5

13th February 2014 at 4:04 pm

Stephanie

Ok. I see what you’re saying.
    “A generation of 70+ million who all believed they were at Woodstock, the DNC riots, protesting the Vietnam war, or fighting in Vietnam.” ———- Stephanie

haha! That there is a Gold Nugget. That is soooo true. I have a friend, Bobby H. — both our fathers sing with the German Club Choir — and when we get together once a year HE always wants to talk about The-Good-Old-Days, including how cool Woodstock was (really) and I know with 100% damn certainty that he never made it. He tried to go, but his dad’s 1953 Chevy broke down before he got out of New Jersey. I guess that counts for my douchenozzle buddy. Sad thing is I always play along.

13th February 2014 at 4:08 pm

“There are many that vote strictly because of political party. Regardless of the candidate and without knowing the candidate” ————- Stephanie

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 11 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 4:16 pm

44. Peaceout says:

Stucky kicks ass because he IS F-ing Stucky, a shit flinging, ass kicking, phrase turning, shit stirring, rabble rousing, Clammy baiting, comic in waiting, tear jerking, health advocating, truth seeking, doom babbling, sheeple bashing, straight up, stand up SOB. Always enjoy your work on posts and comments. Keep battling on!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 4:36 pm

45. TPC says:

“That is never going to stop.”

Bullshit. Out of everything that can be changed the inter-generational warfare is the easiest. Fuck this divisiveness, every time I try to have a political conversation with someone all they want to do is cry about this or that subgroup that they want to scapegoat rather than accept the reality of our situation: That for the last 100 years our politicians have sold us down the river and the rise of food science and entertainment technology has allowed them to sell a tarnished nightmarish version of the “American Dream” as the real deal. Still, the edge hasn’t been found yet. The ship can still be put right.

We are in a perfect position to affect sweeping change in this country, either for better or worse. The US that emerges from the other side of this 4T will either be blatantly statist, or will have finally moved back towards the Constitution, and if we are lucky a little bit towards the articles of confederation as well.

“For men to plunge headlong into an undertaking of vast change, they must be intently
    discontented yet not destitute, and they must have the feeling that by the possession of some
    potent doctrine, infallible leader or some new technique they have access to a source of
    irresistible power. They must also have an extravagant conception of the prospects and
    potentialities of the future. Finally, they must be wholly ignorant of the difficulties involved in
    their vast undertaking. Experience is a handicap.”
    – Eric Hoffer, The True Believer pg. 10

We are discontented, but not destitute. It is difficult to take care of your family, but not impossible. We have dreams and delusions of grandeur (as a nation, if not as individuals). We have no real concept of hardship, the GI’s are largely gone, they were the last to truly know desperation. The remaining generations only know times of largess. We are not the Chinese or Russians, Americans are “soft” in that they have not gone without, however this lack of experience makes us strong as we will strive for a life worth living rather than settling for mere survival as the peasant class of those other empires have done.

All our people lack is inspiration, a unifying leader. It kind of scares me to think about it, because said leader doesn’t need to capture the hearts and minds of the people as a whole, just the vocal active portion. The portion that will demand action.

Obama wanted to be this person, he failed.

Hillary Clinton wants to be this person, she will fail.

No current presidential aspirant will be this person. They will be a relative new comer, a dark horse of sorts.

Are you scared? I know I am, but also a little excited. Don’t ask me why. This stuff keeps me up and consumes my thoughts at all hours of the night. Between this and my job its a wonder I have time to do things just for entertainment anymore.

13th February 2014 at 4:41 pm

46. archie says:

Stucky,

A sincere tip of the baseball cap to you sir. I enjoy your impish sense of humor immensely. Should you find yourself on a pier in Downeast Maine, it would be my distinct pleasure to give you a tour of the islands on my “money pit” Boston Whaler while we enjoy lobster rolls and a few beers. Just ask for Archie, from the sixth generation of the Grouchy Archie family. Most Harbormasters will know who to call.

Archie

(This is not a gay offer–NTTIAWWT!)

(See how I used the caps key!)

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 4:51 pm

Not much I can add to this great thread. Stuck is awesome…very intelligent, and very funny. He makes me laugh just about every day. Thanks Stuck -avalon

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 5:08 pm

Hey Stucky, glad you liked it. I meant every word. TBP would not be the same without you. I know because I was here when you left to help your son.

Do I still owe you 50 more or was the intent for Thinker and I to do 50 each?

Regarding your picture…..Long before I ever saw it I imagined you to be much younger than you appear. You are young at heart and it comes through in your comments and posts.

What is the origin /meaning of “Stucky”? NIckname?

Please pay close attention to #38 and #44 on my list.
    I_S

13th February 2014 at 5:18 pm

49. Llpoh says:

Clammerhoid, an admitted Obummer voter, commenting on how other folks vote against their best interests is hilarious.

Yes, Stucky is indeed a true hero. But he is not infallible.

I can remember him being a HUGE fan of the clam’s. He sided with her at every turn. Smitten, he was. Being a good judge of character is not his strong suit. But otherwise he is a champ.

And no I did not misspell champ.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 5:34 pm

Thinker said:
    “Damn, I_S, you beat me to it. I was only at 40.”

Sorry about that. I’m having to flip/flop my schedule by 12 hours to make a trip to Seattle and time is short.

“Thing is, I hate sappy shit. Y’all have seen my INTJ scores; I’ve got one of the coldest, least-emotional personalities that can exist without being an outright sociopath. ”

Exact same here. I think that’s why TBP fits me so well…….lots of INTJ’s here.

I was thinking pretty specifically of Stucky when I compiled my list but many of my reasons Stucky kicks ass could be applied to others here as well.

That is a fine list Thinker!
    I_S

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 5:37 pm

51. archie says:

IndenturedServant, i believe the moniker stucky is derived from stuckinnj, an earlier incarnation of stucky, though i could be wrong. great post BTW.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 5:38 pm

Clammy said:
    “That is never going to stop.” (regarding Boomer bashing)

That’s because humans are too stoopid and shortsighted to recognize mistakes AND find real solutions for them. No, we seem to think that pointing them out and ridiculing those who made the mistakes is somehow productive. Meanwhile the oligarchs and corporatocracy marches on unabated. This is why we are doomed as a species and deserve what is headed our way. Perhaps the coming conflagration will snap us out of our idiocy but I’m not holding out hope.

“The Boomers who are ignorant and vote in mass numbers against their own interest deserve the scorn.”

Jeezus tap dancing christ Clammy! That is fucking rich coming from you! Which generation voted en masse for Obutthole? Talk about voting against their own interest………you are the TBP poster child for that!

Truth is that voting for any Federal level politician is against our own interests regardless of party. Both sides are more crooked than a switchback trail up a 15,000ft mountain! This is partly why I see so little real value in your scumbag of the week posts but perhaps you have not come to your own realization about this yet. Knowing the gory details of each individual scumbag is not going to change my already low opinion of them. THEY ARE THE SYSTEM. What more do I need to know?
    I_S

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 5:59 pm

Damn archie! I think you’re right. I forgot about that! Thanks!
    I_S

13th February 2014 at 6:02 pm

@TPC at 4:41pm.

That is probably one of the best comments I’ve ever read here. 100% dead on accurate. A veritable kill shot at 2000 yards!

Collectively we have been trained to be sheep.

I’m scared as well. Sometimes terrified.
    I_S

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 6:10 pm

I just flipped over to Drudge to read headlines. The very first headline is:

“VALENTINE’S DAY RUINED”

I figured it was going to be a story about another psychotropic drug induced killing but no, it’s about how florists can’t make their deliveries due to the weather.

FUCKING AMERICANS ARE PATHETIC!! I can literally pictures millions of women losing their minds because they didn’t get their flowers. Nevermind that the country is burning down around them and many of their children won’t survive the coming collapse.

Shortsighted and stoopid is no way to go through life.

Some days it’s best not to look at The Drudge Report.
    I_S

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 6:19 pm

Archie —–

that’s a damn sweet offer. You better watch out, I just might do it one day.

A friend of Ms Freud’s — Ms Botox as I call her — they own an Italian restaurant in Boothbay Harbor, here is the restaurant ( http://www.portsofitaly.com ) open only in the summers. She Jewish, was actually in the Israeli military and her jaws never stop flapping …. about herself … , he’s Italian and LOUD mouthed, a big fat guy pretty much like Tony Soprano ………………….. and, me, I actually don’t talk much if I don’t have anything to say … and I would probably slit my own throat if I had to spend more than 30 minutes with them. I can eat a LOT of lobster!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 6:57 pm

I_S

Archie already answered correctly. Here’s HOW it happened.

When I found TBP …. I’m talking the very first time … it was because I locked myself away in the den, banging furiously on the computer. We had a small argument … she always gets REALLY cranky when the quarterly almost $3,000 tax bill is due ………. and she was somewhat peeved that I felt I needed to stay here for my parent’s sake cuz I have a libtard seester who could help ……….. and I blurted out “WELL I ACTUALLY DON’T LIKE BEING STUCK IN THIS FUCKIN STATE EITHER!!!”

I found TBP and Stuck-In-NJ was all I could think of. Had I known “fuck” was allowed here, I would have had a somewhat different name.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 7:01 pm

58. TPC says:

How do your SO’s feel about your involvement with TBP?

13th February 2014 at 7:03 pm

“I can remember him being a HUGE fan of the clam’s.” ———– llpoh

HA! You obviously did NOT see my post @2:39 where I said — ” I’ve even learned much from Clammy. Honestly.”

Nope. No way you read that. You would never let me get away with that without ripping off all four of my testicles. Nope. Didn’t read it.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 7:09 pm

Administrator says:

“Not much I can add to this great thread. Stuck is awesome…very intelligent, and very funny. He makes me laugh just about every day.”

This pretty much sums up mah opinion as well. Well besides the fact that he is an emo bitch.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 7:10 pm

“How do your SO’s feel about your involvement with TBP?” ——— TPC

Honestly? Most days she tolerates it. Some days (few) it REALLY pisses her off. An actual quote, “Most men have mistresses with tits and asses. You have pixels!!” She’s pretty funny at times.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 9 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 7:14 pm

62. Sensetti says:

I remember when Stucky went by Stuck in NJ

13th February 2014 at 7:23 pm

My wife just gets irritated in general when I spend too much time on the net. She has never visited any of the sites I frequent including TBP. She trusts me to keep her informed but that pisses me off because I’d prefer she troll the net and come up with her own sources of info. To be totally honest, if it were not for me I fear she would just be another one of the sheep. She’s not blind or stupid by any means but simply apathetic.

She knows that I can devour copious amounts of info and that I like to stay informed. Before the crash of 08 she used to rag on me about not taking her on all of the two and three week vacations to the Caribbean, Vegas etc. that her friends were going on. After the crash when her friends were being evicted for using their homes as ATM machines she thanked me. It seems that she considers camping in the dirt a preferable vacation than being homeless. Thanks to my (our) awakening we have accumulated more assets and wealth in the last seven years than the previous 18 and we are still going strong saving money and making preps.
    I_S

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 8:54 pm

64. T4C says:

Ok, I’ve been wanting to tell you this since I first saw your picture (Stucky @ 12:52) several months back. I don’t know how old you are but I believe early 60′s. I’m going to say 62 for purposes of the following:

When I look at your face, particularly with the mustache….and then subtract 43 years….you’re could almost be the identical twin of the first real boyfriend I had…..and yes, the first one I ever had sex with, as in screwed, banged, etc.

The conversation needn’t go any further. I just have to say; when I first saw your photo, I froze > stared > and said “Holy shit…he looks just like T____!”

Vewy vewy wierd.

13th February 2014 at 9:30 pm

65. El Coyote says:

Stucky says:

““29. I’m still not certain that he is not bb and El Coyote deep undercover.” ——— Indentured_Servant

Let me put that to rest. bb and El Coyote is NOT me! Admin can confirm that via IP address.”

bb says:

“Sorry for being a pain in the butt ,I was stuck in traffic again on I 81 going south to Charlotte NC.A lot of ice and snow.Finally just gave up and got a hotel room.Happy now.”

Stuck is in Joisey, bb in NC and I am in Cali. How do I know your not AKANON? Stuck is easy to love, bb is an acquired taste. Then there’s Llpoh, the man I could have been if I hadn’t taken the easy way instead. Nah, even if I tried I couldn’t be Llpoh, who am I kidding?

13th February 2014 at 9:31 pm

66. El Coyote says:

I-S thank you for the list. My favorite (#42) was this gem:

Stucky says: Fuck you, Stucky.

13th February 2014 at 9:36 pm

T4C

When I first posted that article someone — I’ve forgotten who — said I look like a Porn Actor with that mustache. I don’t think it was meant as a compliment.

Anyway, how much do you miss “T___”? A lot? Well ,,,,,,,,,,

13th February 2014 at 11:32 pm

68. El Coyote says:

Stucky says:

“Anyway, how much do you miss “T___”? A lot? Well ,,,,,,,,,,”

This site will not go to a food channel just to keep Google happy, if you read the warning liberally, you only have to avoid posting other people’s stuff; pics and writing. Unless I am reading it wrong – not much else has changed. Amazing that people seem to get religion so quickly when bb has battled forever to get even one convert. Now what word did Stuck hint at above?

13th February 2014 at 12:00 am

69. T4C says:

“Anyway, how much do you miss “T___”? A lot? Well ,,,,,,,,,,”

Funny you should ask. I actually reconnected with him 30 years later via FB 3 years ago. After a little back and forth catching up (he’s still married, 2 grown children, grandchildren) we met for lunch. He was using a cane cuz he was scheduled to have hip replacement. Let’s just say I’ve held up far better than he had. He wanted to pursue ‘a friendship’ but I put the kabosh on it. Still married?….fuck that. So the short answer to how much I miss him? Not a bit.

It’s kinda like this

Rottenecards_61211823_6ykb3qdp4w.png

13th February 2014 at 12:09 am

70. Chen says:

I would definitely be that little bitch with my ex-girlfriend but ex-wife? That is sick, sick. Like bb, we are on good terms with the ex-battle-ax but no ‘friends’ bullshit.

The beautiful blonde tells a story about the time the whole gang showed up at the bar with their ex’s, totally by accident, the improbable happens more frequently than we suspect.

13th February 2014 at 1:01 am

71. TPC says:

When I post from home my SO gets rather peeved….pretty much all of my long posts are when I’m either working overtime and don’t give a fuck, or from home where my rapid paced typing annoys the shit out of her.

BUT she when major events happen she always asks “what does TBP think of this?” She values the community here almost as much as I do, even if she would never post herself.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

13th February 2014 at 9:06 am

72. Stephanie says:

“That pretty much describes every voting block. Sheeple comprise every age group, not just Boomers.”

Stucky- I didn’t have time to comment on this when I got home. Yes, there are going to be people of the herd. When it comes to Millennials our political frustrations are on par with Boomers in their youth. We feel the same way about Bush as Boomers felt about LBJ. We feel the same way about Obama as Boomers felt about Carter. Except, most of the Millennials are not of voting age and cannot change the political atmosphere. When it comes to party lines, that red vs. blue is going to come apart.

13th February 2014 at 9:22 am

73. TPC says:

“We feel the same way about Bush as Boomers felt about LBJ.”

Not sure which we you are talking about, Bush still has the solid backing of the Republican party, the number of libertarian and tea party millenials is fairly small right now.

Maybe in a few years.