Exclusive World Premiere Video:
1) A new documentary-style film presented by Casey Research – Meltdown America – features the harrowing stories of three people who survived economic and political collapse in Zimbabwe, Yugoslavia, and Argentina… with world-renowned experts, Doug Casey, Casey Research; Jeff Opdyke from Sovereign Society; David Walker, former US Comptroller; Jane Kokan, Former BBC/CNN journalist; Dr. André Gerolymatos, Former Member of the Canadian Advisory Council on National Security; and Scott Taylor, war correspondent & Publisher, Esprit de Corps magazine discussing how these powerful stories of hardship foreshadow what lies ahead for the US economy.
2) This riveting film offers urgent warnings to Americans about the consequences of failing to address economic and political challenges before they become full-blown catastrophes.
3) With $127 trillion in unfunded liabilities, the US financial future looks bleak indeed. Sooner than later those bills will come due. And when they do, the US Empire will unravel… unable to borrow another penny. It’s not if… but when… it will happen.
4) Aside from the negative impact on a market addicted to easy money, one of the reasons the Federal Reserve is so reluctant to “taper” and raise interest rates is that 0% interest is about all the US government can afford to make payments on its enormous $17.5 trillion debt. In fact, even if the government decided to confiscate 100% of your income and that of all US businesses and corporations, it would not nearly be enough to pay off that debt.
5) Right now, the US government is making a covert grab for its citizens’ money, by offering the so-called “myRA,” an IRA-style vehicle that lets you invest only in US Treasuries.
From there, it may well be just one more step to the nationalization—and de facto confiscation—of your retirement account.
It’s only a matter of time before the government tightens the noose again… not to pay off its enormous debt, but just to keep going for a little while longer.
6) The Fed can’t keep printing money out of thin air and propping up the US government’s shaky balance sheet forever. Once the government’s Ponzi scheme becomes obvious to the rest of the world, the US dollar is doomed.
7) As the dollar loses its world reserve currency status and its purchasing power, consumer prices will increase dramatically, which could lead to hyperinflation, food and fuel shortages, business closings, soaring unemployment, strict capital controls, and ultimately, riots in the streets.
8) 6 world-renowned experts, including…
- Doug Casey Chairman, Casey Research
Doug Casey is a highly respected author, publisher, and professional speculator. Doug literally wrote the book on profiting from periods of economic turmoil: his book Crisis Investing spent multiple weeks as #1 on the New York Times best-seller list and became the best-selling financial book of 1980. He recently published two new books featuring his conversations with Louis James, Totally Incorrect and Right on the Money. In this exclusive video, Doug talks about what’s happening in the US economy and discusses the steps you should take immediately to protect… and profit… from the coming American meltdown. And as a longtime resident of Argentina, he shares his perspective on the rocky economic conditions, past and present, in that country.
- JEFF OPDYKE Investment Director, Sovereign Society
As a lifelong world traveler, Jeff has been investing directly in the international markets since 1995, making him one of the true pioneers of foreign trading. These days, he is the editor of Profit Seeker and Jeff Opdyke’s Sovereign Investor, the Sovereign Society’s monthly asset protection and investment newsletter. He is also the author of six books, including Financially Ever After and Piggybanking: Preparing Your Financial Life for Kids and Your Kids for a Financial Life. In Meltdown America, Jeff gives his perspective on what’s happening economically in the USA, and shares his thoughts on the economic crisis in Zimbabwe and Argentina.
- SCOTT TAYLOR Editor in Chief of Esprit de Corps
Scott Taylor is a former infantryman in the Canadian Military, and has been the editor/publisher of Esprit de Corps magazine since 1988. He has been dubbed the “voice of the grunts” by the Globe and Mail, a “bone in the brass’ throats” by the Toronto Star, the “scourge of the generals” in a Reader’s Digest cover story, and a “one-man army” by the Toronto Sun.
Taylor is a syndicated columnist on international conflict and has also produced several documentaries, including his latest for CPAC, “Afghanistan: Outside the Wire – End Game.”
On September 7, 2004 Taylor was kidnapped while reporting in Iraq by Al Qaeda and tortured for nearly a week. He was released nearly a week later – the only Westerner ever captured by Al Qaeda and subsequently set free. His story was later turned into a National Geographic documentary entitled, “Locked Up Abroad: Iraq.”
He is the author of several books, including his autobiography, “Unembedded: Two Decades of War Reporting.”
In Meltdown America, Taylor will be talking about an experience he had while at the US Army War College, discovering that the school was training NATO officers on how to bring troops back to the US in the event of a collapse of the US dollar.
- JANE KOKAN Award-Winning Journalist/War Correspondent
Jane is an award-winning camerawoman, director, and journalist. She has covered key international events and challenging subjects, including environmental disasters in Eastern Europe and Africa; the collapse of European communism; human rights abuses in Iran, Chechnya, Bosnia, Kosovo, and Sudan; and many more. She has produced, directed, and filmed documentaries and news features for a variety of broadcasters such as BBC, PBS, Global TV, Al Jazeera, France 2, Discovery International, and National Geographic. In Meltdown America, Jane shares her expert opinion on the war in the Balkans and the human rights atrocities that took place there.
- DR. ANDRÉ GEROLYMATOS Former Member of the Canadian Advisory Council on National Security
André Gerolymatos is a professor of history and director of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Centre for Hellenic Studies at Simon Fraser University. His recent books include: The Balkan Wars; Red Acropolis Black Terror: The Greek Civil War and the Origins of Soviet-American Rivalry, 1943-1949; and Castles Made of Sand: A Century of Anglo-American Espionage and Intervention in the Middle East. In Meltdown America, André shares the details surrounding the Russians’ 2008 attempt to team up with China to destroy the US economy.
- DAVID WALKER Former US Comptroller General
Mr. Walker is probably best known for his service as the seventh Comptroller General of the United States and head of the US Government Accountability Office (GAO) for almost ten years (1998-2008).
He is also the founder and CEO of the Comeback America Initiative, a nonprofit organization that raises awareness about the government’s growing debt.
Mr. Walker leads CAI’s efforts to promote fiscal responsibility and sustainability by engaging the public and assisting key policymakers on a nonpartisan basis to help achieve solutions to America’s federal, state, and local fiscal imbalances.
He is a frequent writer and media commentator. His latest book titled Comeback America: Turning the Country Around and Restoring Fiscal Responsibility, is a national best-seller. And he is a subject of the critically acclaimed documentary I.O.U.S.A. In Meltdown America, he talks about the unsustainable levels of debt and the dire fiscal future of the United States.