Hat tip to workingman for this little pictorial history.
Hiroshima 66 years later vs Detroit 66 years later
We all know that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were destroyed in August 1945 after the explosion of atomic bombs.
However, we know little about the progress made by the people of that land during the past 65 years.
HIROSHIMA - 66 YEARS LATER
Detroit 66 years after Hiroshima
What has caused more long term destruction? Nuclear weapons or U.S. Government Welfare programs created to buy the votes of those who want someone to take care of them?
Japan does not have a welfare system.
Work for it or do without.
And I don’t think there has ever been a better explanation of the importance of incentive than this example These are possibly the 5 best sentences you’ll ever read and all applicable to this:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.