You’ve got to hand it to Obama. He sure has a good sense of humor. He’s a huge fan of clean energy and is willing to put your money where his mouth is (Solyndra, ethanol, etc.) He hates dirty coal and dirty oil. Below is a snippet from his inspirational State of the Union address, watched by 20% of the nation’s households. The other 80% were watching reruns of Honey Boo Boo and the Kardashians. He has thrown down the gauntlet. He solemnly declared to his millions of willfuly ignorant fans that since China has gone all in on clean energy, we must also.
For your reference, I’ve provided a little chart to support the Savior’s “All-In” thesis about China’s energy sources. It appears China has gone all-in with coal. I’m sure the Obamanistas would support us following China’s lead. The Savior has thus spoken. So it shall be.
“I will direct my Cabinet to come up with executive actions we can take, now and in the future, to reduce pollution, prepare our communities for the consequences of climate change, and speed the transition to more sustainable sources of energy. Four years ago, other countries dominated the clean energy market and the jobs that came with it. We’ve begun to change that. Last year, wind energy added nearly half of all new power capacity in America. So let’s generate even more. Solar energy gets cheaper by the year – so let’s drive costs down even further. As long as countries like China keep going all-in on clean energy, so must we.”
President Barack Obama
I can’t seem to find that Orange Renewable section on the graph. It must be a misprint.