“The real damage is done by those millions who want to ‘get by.’ The ordinary men who just want to be left in peace. Those who don’t want their lives disturbed by anything bigger than themselves. Those with no sides and no causes. Those who won’t take measure of their own strength, for fear of antagonizing their own weakness. Those who don’t like to make waves—or enemies.
Those for whom freedom, honour, truth, and principles are only literature. Those who live small, love small, die small. It’s the reductionist approach to life: if you keep it small, you’ll keep it under control. If you don’t make any noise, the bogeyman won’t find you.
But it’s all an illusion, because they die too, those people who roll up their spirits into tiny little balls so as to be safe. Safe?! From what? Life is always on the edge of death; narrow streets lead to the same place as wide avenues, and a little candle burns itself out just like a flaming torch does. I choose my own way to burn.”
Leave a comment
If you feel you have received some value from this site, donations will be gratefully accepted to help support my efforts to provide you with the truth about our unsustainable economic policies
Make Recurring Donation
To Donate by CheckMail to: Jim Quinn - P.O. Box 1520, Kulpsville, PA 19443
Deficits mean future tax increases, pure and simple. Deficit spending should be viewed as a tax on future generations, and politicians who create deficits should be exposed as tax hikers.— Ron Paul
- Full Bore Stupid on ADMIN DOES HAVE A HEART
- Gubmint Cheese on PEOPLE OF WAL-MART – WE’RE ALL DOOMED
- Anonymous on WEST PHILLY – WILDWOOD CONUNDRUM
- Anonymous on KEY ISSUE IN THE LA MAYORAL RACE
- Gubmint Cheese on 10 MILLION PEOPLE
- Full Bore Stupid on KEY ISSUE IN THE LA MAYORAL RACE
- Steve Hogan on WEST PHILLY – WILDWOOD CONUNDRUM
- Novista on 10 MILLION PEOPLE
- Tom kane on WEST PHILLY – WILDWOOD CONUNDRUM
- Novista on DO YOU TRUST THE BIG MAC OR THE BLS?
- Novista on THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT TO ANYONE THEY WANT
- IndenturedServant on WEST PHILLY – WILDWOOD CONUNDRUM
- TheCynic on WEST PHILLY – WILDWOOD CONUNDRUM
- Thirteener on DRAMATIC PREAKNESS RUN
- fool on the hill on SILVER METAL
- Persnickety on KEY ISSUE IN THE LA MAYORAL RACE
- fool on the hill on ARABIC for BEGINNERS
- IndenturedServant on HAPPY GRADUATION!
- rodney on WEST PHILLY – WILDWOOD CONUNDRUM
- T4C on THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT TO ANYONE THEY WANT
ADVERTISERSInquiries about advertising opportunities can be made by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEST PHILLY – WILDWOOD CONUNDRUM
- SILVER METAL
- HAPPY GRADUATION!
- KEY ISSUE IN THE LA MAYORAL RACE
- DRAMATIC PREAKNESS RUN
- ARABIC for BEGINNERS
- BURGLARY 101 – DON’T LOCK HOMEOWNER IN THE CLOSET WHERE HE KEEPS HIS GUN
- WE’RE VERY VERY VERY SORRY
- ADMIN DOES HAVE A HEART
- PEOPLE OF WAL-MART – WE’RE ALL DOOMED
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- 10 MILLION PEOPLE
- DO YOU TRUST THE BIG MAC OR THE BLS?
- THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT TO ANYONE THEY WANT
- Paper gold, Metal gold – When Worlds Diverge
- The New Cold War: The “Putinization” of Uranium
- MEANT TO LIVE
- I’M SURE THIS IS AN ISOLATED CASE – RIGHT?
- FRIDAY FAIL
- THE ECOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF BOMBING IRAN’S NUCLEAR FACILITIES
- Maff Is Hard
- BEEP BEEP
- THE FED IS NOT PRINTING MONEY
- OBAMA SUPPORTER
- NOTE IN THE BOAT
- DO NOT FEAR THE GOVERNMENT
- I AM IN CHARGE
- OBAMA GETAWAY CHASE – CAN HE MAKE IT TO KENYA ON SURFACE STREETS?
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
Cost of War
The Gross National Debt
Cost of Peak Oil