Pregnant Woman Who Was Kidnapped, Set on Fire and Shot Gives Birth
A pregnant woman who was kidnapped, set on fire and shot in the back in what police say was an horrific attempt to kill her unborn baby, gave birth to a boy today, hours before her ex-boyfriend and another man were charged in the attack.
Latonya Bowman, 22, was only eight months pregnant, but doctors performed an emergency Caesarean section this morning.
Jamal Rogers, the child’s father, and his roommate Antonio Mathis, both 22, were arraigned today on kidnapping, attempted murder and conspiracy charges and could face life in prison. Both requested court-appointed lawyers. They were denied bail.
Rogers allegedly began planning the attack in March, when he found out Bowman was pregnant with his third child. He enlisted Mathis, who did not even want money to participate, according to police.
The attack occurred early Saturday morning when Bowman was dropping her ex-boyfriend at his new girlfriend’s Warren, Mich., home after seeing a drive-in movie, the woman told police. After they pulled into the garage and got out of the car, the garage door closed unexpectedly, she said.
“She was grabbed by the throat and a gun was put to her head. She was ordered to the ground, duct taped, her feet, her hands and her mouth, ordered into the backseat of the car,” Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green said.
She was blindfolded before being put back into her car and driven to an alley in Detroit, Green said.
The man who kidnapped her indicated that it was because of her pregnancy.
“[The suspect] said, ‘You know why this is happening,’ and then he asked her about how far along she was,” Green said.
The woman told police she felt liquid being poured on her, heard a match strike and then was set on fire.
“She was able to get out of the car and start rolling on the ground, trying to put the fire out,” Green said. “And when that happened, two shots were fired and she was struck once in the back.”
After being shot, the woman played dead, and the man left, police said. She was able to free herself and drove to her mother’s house in Detroit. Her mother took her to the hospital.
Police took Rogers into custody on Saturday and named him a person of interest in the case. He had not called 911 when she was kidnapped, police said.
If you feel you have received some value from this site, donations will be gratefully accepted to help support my efforts to provide you with the truth about our unsustainable economic policies
Make Recurring Donation
To Donate by CheckMail to: Jim Quinn - P.O. Box 1520, Kulpsville, PA 19443
The Constitution shall never be construed… to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.— Samuel Adams
- efarmer on LLPOH’s Attempt to Respond To Yojimbo’s Question on Careers for the Young
- bluestem on ANTI-CAPITALIST or ANTI-CORPORATE FASCIST BANKING CABAL?
- Game Over on You’ll Stop Being a Serf When You Do This
- TeresaE on TOO MUCH VODKA
- AWD on MORE THAN 8 MILLION USE LONG-TERM CARE IN USA
- Zarathustra on ANTI-CAPITALIST or ANTI-CORPORATE FASCIST BANKING CABAL?
- TeresaE on BUDGET DEAL – PROOF OF ONE PARTY RULE
- KaD on BERNANKE POLICIES BRING ECONOMY IN FOR A SOFT LANDING
- KaD on REAL SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER TRANSLATES FAKE MANDELA SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER
- KaD on MORE THAN 8 MILLION USE LONG-TERM CARE IN USA
- Pirate Jo on MAY THE ODDS EVER BE IN YOUR FAVOR – HOPE & DEFIANCE
- Zarathustra on TOO MUCH VODKA
- AWD on OBAMACARE’S TAXPAYER “DEATH PANELS”
- KaD on TOO MUCH VODKA
- AWD on REAL SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER TRANSLATES FAKE MANDELA SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER
- AWD on YOU TOO CAN BE A FAKE SIGN LANGUAGE TRANSLATOR
- KaD on YOU TOO CAN BE A FAKE SIGN LANGUAGE TRANSLATOR
- KaD on RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH
- efarmer on TOO MUCH VODKA
- dc.sunsets on LLPOH’s Attempt to Respond To Yojimbo’s Question on Careers for the Young
- ANTI-CAPITALIST or ANTI-CORPORATE FASCIST BANKING CABAL?
- BERNANKE POLICIES BRING ECONOMY IN FOR A SOFT LANDING
- REAL SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER TRANSLATES FAKE MANDELA SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER
- QUOTES OF THE DAY
- You’ll Stop Being a Serf When You Do This
- MORE THAN 8 MILLION USE LONG-TERM CARE IN USA
- TOO MUCH VODKA
- OBAMACARE’S TAXPAYER “DEATH PANELS”
- LLPOH’s Attempt to Respond To Yojimbo’s Question on Careers for the Young
- YOU TOO CAN BE A FAKE SIGN LANGUAGE TRANSLATOR
- RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH
- FESTERING FISCAL BUDGET DEAL
- CAPTION CONTEST
- WHERE’S THIS SH*T GOING TO END?
- Things That Make You Go Hmmm – Mon(k)ey Puzzle
- BUDGET DEAL – PROOF OF ONE PARTY RULE
- OBAMACARE IS SUPPOSED TO SIGN UP 7 MILLION BY MARCH – 365,000 SO FAR
- OBAMACARE GOLD, SILVER & BRONZE
- COLD SHOWER
- UNDER MY THUMB
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- HOW MANY BITCOINS ARE IN YOUR WALLET?
- DO YOU TAKE SELFIES & LAUGH LIKE A BLITHERING IDIOT AT A FUNERAL?
- WHAT DO RATS, BACTERIA, VIRUSES, & GENIUS IDEAS HAVE IN COMMON?
- Special Report: The 5 NEXT Big Oil & Gas Trends
- Hip, Hip, Hooray for the SATANIC MONUMENT
- BAD LITTLE ROBOTS PART ONE
- OBAMA GETS TINGLE DOWN HIS LEG
- DANGER, WILL ROBINSON
- Fundamentals for Gold Unchanged as Economic Uncertainty Rises
ADVERTISERSInquiries about advertising opportunities can be made by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of War
The Gross National Debt
Cost of Peak Oil