STEPHEN KING – “THE WORLD IS STARTING TO LOOK LIKE ORWELL’S 1984”

Posted on 6th October 2014 by Administrator in Economy |Politics |Social Issues

, , , , ,

1. TE says:

I’m a huge fan of Stephen the Author. HUGE. I’ve been actively reading him since I was 11. He has been a constant in my life.

BUT, the man is an uber liberal that actually believes in banning guns, to name but one thing.

He supported the Great & Powerful O and I got the feeling our “war on terrorism” was quite all right with him.

Wish I had time to watch this right now, but I don’t.

Everyone is entitled to change their mind, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to believe them when they tell me!

6th October 2014 at 2:09 pm

TE

It’s only 71 seconds long. lol

I’ve read most of his early stuff. Loved it. Then after several books, it started to become formulaic … at least to me.

Liberal or conservative, he’s fucked up. You GOTTA be fucked in the head to come up with the ideas he has.

I know one other thing … Stephen King novels generally result in HORRIBLY made movies.

6th October 2014 at 2:47 pm

Stuck

There were some good movies:

IT

Stand By Me

Christine

Carrie

Salem’s Lot

6th October 2014 at 3:00 pm

4. Westcoaster says:

His TV series “Under the dome” is entertaining. I especially like the “Big Jim” used car salesman character.

6th October 2014 at 2:53 pm

Horror flicks generally don’t interest me cuz I find nothing scary about them. Christine … a pissed off car? Gimme a break. I watched every episode of ‘My Mother The Car”, and I know cars are friendly and loving. Carrie and ilk … fake blood just doesn’t raise my heartbeat.

I saw The Tommyknockers twice. The first time cuz I thought it might be about tits. The second time to try to understand it …. which I never did.

But, I did greatly enjoy The Shining, and Misery. The Green Mile was absolutely fantastic.

6th October 2014 at 3:35 pm

I watched most of the first season of Under The Dome. That’s was enough.

1) The citizens NEVER RUN OUT OF SHIT.

2) Whatever new shit the citizens need … they ALWAYS have it.

This is bullshit that I can’t get past.

Also, I hated this mutherfucker in Breaking Bad … still do … hope I never see him in anything, ever, again.
    54078be2cf9b7.preview-300.jpg

6th October 2014 at 3:45 pm

Green Mile is one of my top 5 movies of all time.

6th October 2014 at 4:19 pm

8. bb says:

I SAW THE MOVIE….HER …OVER THE WEEKEND. A SPIKE JONES LOVE STORY. JOAQUIN PHOENIX FALLS IN LOVE WITH A NEW ADVANCED OPERATING SYSTEM…CALLED SAMANTHA …IT HAS SOME FUNNY PARTS.I THINK YOU WOULD ENJOY THIS MOVIE.

6th October 2014 at 4:48 pm

9. TE says:

@Stuck, he really went through changes in the 90s. His latest book – Mr. Mercedes – is NOT a horror book, but suspense. His book 11/22/63 while totally “other” worldly, is a great read on time travel and being careful what you wish for.

His son, Joe Hill, is a much better writer – at least his endings are better. They have collaborated a few times and I’ve enjoyed them all. His wife Tabitha is (allegedly) a writer too, I couldn’t finish her book and can’t recall the name of it. That almost never happens to me.

Under the Dome, the mini-series turned tv show, NEVER followed the book with the exception of the airplane and the split in half cow. That was day 1, hour 1, of the dome.

I quit caring before season end, tried to get back into this summer, watched the first one and then cannot make myself care. Exactly the same way I feel about Facebook and Twitter. Everybody tells me I should like them, but I can’t.

Totally different storyline than the book, also a different writer. They brought Stephen in this year to try and gain back his actual fans. Big whoop.

The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption are two of the greatest stories ever told.

I truly have a crush on his writing. The Stand and his Gunslinger novels are my absolute favorites.

I’m ashamed to admit I even like (most) of the movies. Kinda on the same level I like Ed Wood and Plan 9 From Outer Space. So bad they are good.

6th October 2014 at 6:25 pm

Why isn’t his son named Joe KING? Seriously … not joking.

6th October 2014 at 8:32 pm

11. george gorewell says:

nice comments but nothing to do with mr. kings commentary on the world & what it has become. if you grew up in the 70s or 80s when there was no internet or surveillance state you know what mr. king means.

6th October 2014 at 9:08 pm

12. TE says:

@Stuck, not sure.

Trying to stand on his own merits?

He co-wrote a short story with his dad called Throttle – great story – my favorite book so far is Horns, I actually think you would like that a lot.

7th October 2014 at 1:41 pm

13. backwardsevolution says:

Stand By Me is one of my favorite movies. The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption – it does not get better than that. The guy is amazing!

7th October 2014 at 2:45 pm