Now this is some really funny shit. This is what Obama, Rahm, teacher’s unions, and decades of Democrat run urban welfare kill zones have wrought. Nothing like a Chicago public school named after a famous black person, where the kids can’t read, write, add or subtract. At least they spelled Robeson correctly. I bet they have some really cool murals in this neighborhood showing black people doing great things.
Here are some more amusing facts about Paul Robeson high and the Chicago public school system:
- The percent of freshmen who graduate from Paul Robeson high school within five years is 39.9%.
- The ACT test is the best measure of how ready students are for college. A score of 21.3 or higher is “college ready.” “College ready” means that a student has about a 50 percent chance of getting a “B” or better in his or her college courses.The average score of the students that take the exam at Paul Robeson high is 13.4. These are the brightest and best at good old Robeson high.
- Now for the real kicker. Thank Obama for those student loans doled out to anyone with the ability to breath. 53% of the graduates from Robeson high are “enrolled” in college. That is simply hysterical. No data on how many graduate. Do you think the American taxpayer will be getting paid back on those loans?
- 91% have to take remediation courses in college because of their basic math and school-work shortcomings.
- If you think the City of Chicago school system is bad, check out Robeson’s scores versus everyone else. Then remember that 53% of the graduates enroll in college:
- The 50% level of meeting minimum standards for Illinois is pitiful to begin with. 30% for the city of Chicago schools is pathetic. 5% for Paul Robeson high is about the most atrocious result possible. You could probably guess on every question and achieve that result.
- So doing some basic math, we know that 40% of their students graduate and 53% of them enroll in college. That means that 21% of graduates go onto college. How can this be if only 5% of them can meet minimum standards for math, reading, and science? Could Obama’s student loan program be the cause of rising tuition? If students who should not be in college enroll with taxpayer funded loans, the demand stays high. Price is a function of supply and demand. Creating artificial demand through debt causes prices to rise. I’m sure Al Sharpton will be doing a story about this on MSNBC tonight.
- The student diversity is 99% black.
- The school district spends over $13,000 per student per year and achieves this result. But, the libs and the unions contend that if you hire more worthless teachers and spend $16,000 per student, all will be well. The student to teacher ratio is 15 to 1. Does that sound overwhelming? The ratio in my Catholic high school was at least 25 to 1.
- The average Chicago Public School teacher salary is $76,000. That is the average. They work 9 months per year, produce this kind of result, and get paid 150% more than the average worker in America. And this doesn’t include their gold plated pension and health benefits.
This is the end result of LBJ’s Great Society. In the Englewood neighborhood, where Robeson is located, the average per capita income is a paltry $12,255 and the unemployment rate is running at almost 24%. You can bet the majority of these kids have never met their daddy. The welfare mentality breeds this type of person and leads to this result.
THIS IS ARE STORY should be the title of Obama’s autobiography.