The MSM doing their part to keep the recovery fantasy going. The Orwellian nature of all government reported data increases by the day. The story below reports the results of one survey while ignoring the results of the survey that actually calculates the unemployment rate.
Here is the link to the data I will reference:
Here are the facts:
- The number of unemployed Americans jumped by 164,000 in December over November. This is during a month where there should be a lot of part-time hiring.
- The number of employed Americans actually went up by only 28,000.
- The number of unemployed Americans is higher today than it was in September.
- There are only 31,000 more Americans employed today than in September, even though the working age population went up by 578,000. MIRACULOUSLY, THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE STAYED AT 7.8%!!!!!
- There are 1.7 million more people employed today than in January of last year. The working age population went up by 2.1 million people. But the unemployment rate fell from 8.3% to 7.8%. Only in Orwell’s 1984 world of newsspeak and doublethink would the unemployment rate go down. The BLS and your politician leaders want you to believe that 926,000 Americans chose to leave the labor force of their own free will and no longer want a job.
- The participation rate of 63.6% is still at 1983 levels.
The little MSM announcement says that retailers shed jobs in December. Considering our economy is 70% dependent upon consumer spending and December is when retailers normally hire extra employees, this little factoid should be a big warning. I also recall the MSM using hurricane Sandy as an excuse for every bad economic figure. I don’t see the MSM explaining the surge in construction jobs as just a temporary blip from Sandy repairs and rebuilding. Shocking!!!
The true unemployment rate is 23% as shown by John Williams.